Your choice of plans? (Poll)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What kind of team should the Rams be?

• Physical (smashmouth)

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Finesse (fast & high flying)

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Passing first

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Running first

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Defensive powerhouse

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Chances are Spagnuolo gets released from his obligations with the Rams once the season is over. I don't agree that it would be a good decision, but that's irrelevant to this discussion. It's been stated that Stan Kroenke needs to come out and put his stamp on this Organization. I agree with THAT. He should, at some point, come out and state what the Rams "are." What they're going to be going forward, in other words. What kind of team they're going to be for as long as he's the Owner, and so on.

There are several "things" a team can be, so I guess I'm wondering what you would prefer the Rams to be.

If "other", please explain. And it should kinda be encapsulated with one word.

And the first numbnut to say "Winning" gets his signature changed to a Seahawks logo. :what: :lol:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Physical. Don't take shit and beat the shit out of opponents. :amped: :amped: :amped: :amped: :amped: :amped:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I chose the option "defensive powerhouse" because most of the pieces are already there, in my opinion. All this defense really needs is a young, dominant defensive tackle (maybe Devon Still, if we trade down?) so that we have a pass-rush from the middle and more cornerback depth. Otherwise, I'm actually pretty happy. Chamberlain does his job at the weakside, and that's all I'm really asking for.

We do need offensive line help in the worst sort of way, though, so I'd also like to establish a presense there as well.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I voted SMASHMOUTH, because I believe that's how we've always wanted to play with this current regime, but we haven't had the hogs to do it. I also think that SMASH and DEFENSE go hand in hand, and both of things demoralize and plain wear out the other team.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Defensive powerhouse. The defensive line in that scenario would certainly challenge the Oline in training camp. And the swagger from the defense would bleed into the offense.

I'm wondering if Physical and Defensive powerhouse are the same thing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ram Quixote said:
Defensive powerhouse. The defensive line in that scenario would certainly challenge the Oline in training camp. And the swagger from the defense would bleed into the offense.

I'm wondering if Physical and Defensive powerhouse are the same thing.
I suppose they could mean the same thing. I was more thinking about physical on both sides of the ball with "physical", and defensive powerhouse would lead you to think of a team like the Ravens or the Bucs of 10 years ago. Or the old Rams from the 70's for your elder statesmen on the board.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Didn't think I'd do it, did you?

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I voted for Physical (smashmouth) because I want a physical offense that will wear teams down with the run. I want physical receivers that can/will block hard, as well as, catch the ball. I would like a physical defense that will literally and figuratively beat the shit out of the opposing offenses.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
bluecoconuts said:
Winni--------peg Jets...

I'm saying high flying, GSOT style.
I was thinking about this the other day. I'd go with this. Mostly because I think that the fact that we play on turf for half of our games would give us a bigger advantage if we play "the fast" style. That being said, I'd still want a smashmouth offensive and defensive line. But I'd want receivers who can go in and out of cuts and make the opposing defense have to pick up their jocks. I'd want a RB with a vision and ability to make cut backs like Faulk did.

I'd also devise a defense more geared towards stopping the pass. The reason is that if you have a fast and high flying offense, then if you can stop the pass, once you have the lead you can just sit back and do what you do best. I'd want a big, bruising, power back as a #2 who can run over people and eat up time once we have a 10 point lead in the 4th Quarter.

If the Rams played on grass in the open air, in a cold environment, I'd want a smash mouth team. But they don't. You might as well play to your advantages.

NI Ram Fam

UDFA
Finesse - GSOT 2 with Sam at the helm. Air-it-out, score plenty and create turnovers and sacks.

It surely suits best for plating on a dome for >=8 games.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I lean with Broke and NI Ram, they're an indoor team on turf. Put together a solid O line coupled with physical speedsters at WR-slot and a smash mouth RB (got em already) and turn em loose. As for the "D" we've got the makings, just need to fill a few holes. The 99 team was only adequate on defense (the core of this one is potentially much better), but with offensive explosion, it won't matter.

I don't want to grind em out, I want to BLOW em out! :amped:

500 points a season, or bust......

steferfootball

Starter
squeaky wheel said:
I'll settle for WINNING. :sly:
I think this guy will make you a good signature: :sly:

marshawn-lynch-seahawks-saintsjpg-68356f450e4425a7.jpg

Anonymous

steferfootball said:
squeaky wheel said:
I'll settle for WINNING. :sly:
I think this guy will make you a good signature: :sly:

marshawn-lynch-seahawks-saintsjpg-68356f450e4425a7.jpg

Yeah I see some mod fun going on with my sig tonight. :razzed: That was a monster run in the playoffs but Seahawks related I'm only a fan of Amber Lancaster and my thoroughly misguided friend in Seattle.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
ramsince62 said:
I lean with Broke and NI Ram, they're an indoor team on turf. Put together a solid O line coupled with physical speedsters at WR-slot and a smash mouth RB (got em already) and turn em loose. As for the "D" we've got the makings, just need to fill a few holes. The 99 team was only adequate on defense (the core of this one is potentially much better), but with offensive explosion, it won't matter.

I don't want to grind em out, I want to BLOW em out! :amped:

500 points a season, or bust......

Yes! Can I get a witness!!!!! :omg: