Your Biggest Meltdown Following Rams Loss

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
Joking aside, I got a hairline fracture of my heel bone when I kicked the coffee table while watching the the Big Red miss a FG in the last seconds to not beat the Skins when I was a lot younger. I hobbled around for about 4 weeks. It was pretty embarrassing to have to explain how I injured myself. :LOL:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

Only low-life scumbags would do something like that. No one like that here at ROD. :shades:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I've always had a pretty good good perspective when it comes to my sports teams. Beer helps with that. I figure life is full of losses and when you finally win it makes it that much sweeter.

The craziest story I know is when I was watching the Rams with my buddy who was also a diehard Rams fan. When the 49ers beat the Rams in that phantom sack game with Everett. He actually got so mad he kicked his girlfriend out of his house. And she was trying to be nice by saying at least the Rams got that far. They didn't break up over that but she was pretty pissed for while.

Alan

Legend
Plus I think they've made it illegal too. As they should have. I joke around about my ex-wife and Buddha knows she deserves much of it, there are always good times in every relationship or you wouldn't have had one. I try to think about those times. My ex and I have a good relationship (although I'll be denying that in later posts :LOL:). I stay at her house when I'm in California to see one of my sons. my wife and my ex both talk shit about me when we're all three together. They both like, commiserate with each other right in front of me. :LOL:

It's essential to have a good relationship with your ex when you have children.

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
OMG!!!! I wish I could unsee this!!!! That was freaking disgusting, Dude.

81856702.jpg

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
Don't blame me. :sneaky:

January 4th of 1976. The Rams are being mercilessly beaten 37-7 by the hated Cowboys in the LA Memorial Coliseum of all places. I'm drinking beer and getting into a horrible mood. The wife tells me to calm down and stop throwing things at the TV. I tell her to shut up. She doesn't. I suggest she pack her stuff and move out. She does and files for divorce 3 weeks later. Haven't seen or heard from her since February of 1977. Btw she was a Packers fan.

The whole incident wasn't violent or resulted in me breaking stuff or going into a rage or anything. I've done that at other times when our team lost a game. But it was a mental meltdown that led to big changes in my life and hers. We were both too young and stupid to be married anyway but it sticks out in my mind to this day and reminds me, each and every Rams game I watch, to keep my priorities in order and not to get too bent out of shape.
I remember that game very well.The Rams were short handed in that game and Dallas got away with a lot.I'm still angry about that game.

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
I dont have meltdowns so to speak, but according to my wife I am pretty moody

LMAO pot meet kettle
My wife says the about me when I'm watching the Rams.She says that get mood and refuse to talk.I've never been one to scream at anyone.The only meltdown I had was the Patriots vs Rams but that was tame because I was by myself at home and was screaming at Martz for not running the ball.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I was actually at Jim Everetts debut, vs New England at Anaheim Stadium, remember to this day the "Ev......rett" chant as he came on and lead the Rams to what I had thought to be a comeback win, alas Tony Eason (I think) connected on a last second...literally...hail mary to Irvin Fryar right in front of me, tho I was less than sober at the time I can still vividly recall having the absolute best seat in the effn house for that one play.

Last edited:

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Blues fan for years, and I somehow grew up playing hockey virtually oblivious to the professional team.

The point is I was a fan of the game first, so no matter how bad the "Cubs of Hockey" let their fans down, it never bothered me.

I guess that carried over into football. I just became a fan of the game watching my friend play on both sides of the line in high school.

Now I do some weird things when we win, but a game is a game. My family is everything, and I just try to enjoy my time with them no matter how the game is going. Love to analyze what happened though and I really enjoy this board for some of the insightful conversations.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
My first meltdown was during the 28-0 shellacking by the Cowboys in Jan. '79. But it wasn't even about the game. My dad and my brother have the same recessive gene; when a game gets to blowout proportions, they do something else. But my dad had the gall to call the game over when the score was 14-0. It was in that moment that I realized what it meant to be a die-hard fan of the Rams. So I told him the game wasn't over. He reiterated that it was. And that was when the meltdown occurred. I yelled at him, "It's not over!"

Then I fled to my girlfriend's who was 30 minutes away. Gave me a chance to cool down.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
I'm a pretty laid back person, but I'll never forget that peehawks game on Sunday night football when the division title was on the line.

There was one play, like a dropped pass or something that sealed the rams fate. I got so pissed off, I not only broke my laptop, I straight up beat the shit out of my laptop, smashing it to pieces.

It was embarrassing to lose my temper like that, but thinking of that stupid ass game still pisses me off.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm a pretty laid back person, but I'll never forget that peehawks game on Sunday night football when the division title was on the line.

There was one play, like a dropped pass or something that sealed the rams fate. I got so pissed off, I not only broke my laptop, I straight up beat the crap out of my laptop, smashing it to pieces.

It was embarrassing to lose my temper like that, but thinking of that stupid ass game still pisses me off.

That's a meltdown! :eek:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Joking aside, I got a hairline fracture of my heel bone when I kicked the coffee table while watching the the Big Red miss a FG in the last seconds to not beat the Skins when I was a lot younger. I hobbled around for about 4 weeks. It was pretty embarrassing to have to explain how I injured myself. :LOL:
I was at that game

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I became a Rams fan in my 40's so meltdowns over football games were behind me .
However when Vinatieri kicked that FG in the SB ,I looked down at the bar I was sitting at and was unable to speak nor look up for easily 3 minutes ,even now when I think about it I become temporarily paralyzed by the thought.

I can testify that the elation of winning is not as intense as the despair of losing,probably why I harangue the negative posters ,I'm down enough ,don't need your misery

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I'm a Christian but the Rams losing brings the demons out of me. The entire match I'm telling God to cast the other team to the bowels of hell. I'm like GD 49ers, GD commentators, GD sideline reoorter... why can't out Rams get a hot one ever GD!!!!! OH AND GD REFS.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I was actually at Jim Everetts debut, vs New England at Anaheim Stadium, remember to this day the "Ev......rett" chant as he came on and lead the Rams to what I had thought to be a comeback win, alas Tony Eason (I think) connected on a last second...literally...hail mary to Irvin Fryar right in front of me, tho I was less than sober at the time I can still vividly recall having the absolute best seat in the effn house for that one play.

I was steaming mad about that hail mary for at least a week. No,,, I'm still fucking pissed.

And I HATE Fryar too. Seriously.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Nothing ever really major happend like prime time:eek: but a few times this season Ive been madder than I ever have been after a loss with all the expectations coming into this year, My wife has made me leave 2 times this season after and during games because of all the foul language and extremely bad attitude twards her like it was her fault. Damn rams you see what you do to us!! that should have been there slogan this year instead of sackcity it should have been if you wanna get rid of your wife watch rams games. My wife just doesnt understand how I could get so emotional about a game but when you live, eat, sleep, breath rams football its one of the loves of your life and it breaks your heart to watch he fail over and over again, espicially guys like us who spend countless hours studying roster and discussing our team on here and also spend thousdands of dollars on sunday ticket, going to games, and buying rams stuff just to have your heart ripped out of your chest every year.
That is the same way it is in my house ! And then she asks me how long am I going to keep watching and following a losing team!