Your Biggest Meltdown Following Rams Loss

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This idea come from PrimeTime...

Let's hear your stories!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I've never broke anything, but the language can be a bit salty.

The hardest part about a tough loss, is having a week to sulk before the next game.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
This idea come from PrimeTime...

Don't blame me. :sneaky:

January 4th of 1976. The Rams are being mercilessly beaten 37-7 by the hated Cowboys in the LA Memorial Coliseum of all places. I'm drinking beer and getting into a horrible mood. The wife tells me to calm down and stop throwing things at the TV. I tell her to shut up. She doesn't. I suggest she pack her stuff and move out. She does and files for divorce 3 weeks later. Haven't seen or heard from her since February of 1977. Btw she was a Packers fan.

The whole incident wasn't violent or resulted in me breaking stuff or going into a rage or anything. I've done that at other times when our team lost a game. But it was a mental meltdown that led to big changes in my life and hers. We were both too young and stupid to be married anyway but it sticks out in my mind to this day and reminds me, each and every Rams game I watch, to keep my priorities in order and not to get too bent out of shape.

Alan

Legend
This is me after our Super Bowl loss:
images

This is me and my formerly shorter son after our Sam went down this year:
81856702.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

January 4th of 1976. The Rams are being mercilessly beaten 37-7 by the hated Cowboys in the LA Memorial Coliseum of all places. I'm drinking beer and getting into a horrible mood. The wife tells me to calm down and stop throwing things at the TV. I tell her to shut up. She doesn't. I suggest she pack her stuff and move out. She does and files for divorce 3 weeks later. Haven't seen or heard from her since February of 1977. Btw she was a Packers fan.

The whole incident wasn't violent or resulted in me breaking stuff or going into a rage or anything. I've done that at other times when our team lost a game. But it was a mental meltdown that led to big changes in my life and hers. We were both too young and stupid to be married anyway but it sticks out in my mind to this day and reminds me, each and every Rams game I watch, to keep my priorities in order and not to get too bent out of shape.

Whoa! Seriously?

Your wife left you after a Rams meltdown?

sbowing_100-106.gif

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

Wow, I think that might be the winner. I'm not trying to rub it in or anything, but I doubt anyone else will have such a story about the loss causing these types of problems

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Nothing ever really major happend like prime time:eek: but a few times this season Ive been madder than I ever have been after a loss with all the expectations coming into this year, My wife has made me leave 2 times this season after and during games because of all the foul language and extremely bad attitude twards her like it was her fault. Damn rams you see what you do to us!! that should have been there slogan this year instead of sackcity it should have been if you wanna get rid of your wife watch rams games. My wife just doesnt understand how I could get so emotional about a game but when you live, eat, sleep, breath rams football its one of the loves of your life and it breaks your heart to watch he fail over and over again, espicially guys like us who spend countless hours studying roster and discussing our team on here and also spend thousdands of dollars on sunday ticket, going to games, and buying rams stuff just to have your heart ripped out of your chest every year.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Whoa! Seriously?

Your wife left you after a Rams meltdown?

sbowing_100-106.gif

Truth. The whole thing is sad but it had been coming on for a while. That game was just the final straw for both of us. We made it for 2 and a half years. She was 20 going on 16 and I was 22 going on 14 when we got married.

My current wife of 29 years was watching the Rams beat the Seahawks recently and cheering on our team the whole time. She isn't even much of a football fan but knows that it makes me happy when we win. Smart lady.

I've been lucky in that the Rams have flat out sucked for the 10 years I've been a fan, most losses are greeted with an "oh well".

Worst I've felt after a football loss was 2 years ago, Gators were undefeated playing Georgia, we were driving down 8 2 minutes left, Jordan Reed fumbles at the 2 yard line ending the game, didn't smash anything or go overboard, but didn't sleep much and must have punched my pillow about 15 times during the night in frustration. Thing is I'd take that feeling as a fan over the "oh well" a Rams or Gators loss is greeted with these days.

rams2050

Starter
What could ever be worse than the loss of SB 36??? I mean, WHAT?????

NOTHING, that's what.

I was so numb and deflated afterwards that I don't even remember driving back home. I went to bed that night and then, the next morning, I just stayed there. I'm a free-lance writer, so I could afford to wallow for a while, and wallow I did -- for a week. I think HAD to get back to earning a living, but that sinking, desolate feeling after all the SB 36 shenanigans had faded into history with the final Cheatriots' field goal -- and loss of those last 4 seconds -- has never really left me.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I've definitely said some crappy stuff. I've actually scared my wife because I was so angry that I was yelling, cursing, punching and throwing pillows as hard as I could, but never where she wanted to leave me. I scared her so much that she will never watch a game alone with me anymore, but never as bad as @Prime Time

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
2 windshields in my ol' Durango. One on my way home from a loss to the Redskins at Fedex....the other on the way home from SB36. Those suckers break pretty easily when you hit em' from the inside.....

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The 2 shitchickens games in 2006. Pissed me the hell off. I threw and punched my hat, even stomped on it a little bit.

Kicked the bed a few times, yeah..Angry Ram.

Alan

Legend
Prime Time knowing some secrets of the universe:
She does and files for divorce 3 weeks later. Haven't seen or heard from her since February of 1977.
I've had meltdowns in front of my second wife before and that hasn't stopped her from haunting me. Do you have any...secrets you can divulge because I'm going with my daughter (sitting with my wife in the car while she drives her around) and every time I see a witch I have to bring out my garlic and my silver Star of David for fear it's her trying to blend in. :cautious:
upload_2014-10-31_17-12-37.jpeg

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I punched my dad in the face last year after the Seahawks game. Not like sucker punch but a more "leave the fuck alone football is my life" type of punch. Unfortunately my dad is twice my size so all it did was piss him off.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

Wow, I read the first paragraph and thought you were kidding...I almost posted something smart-ass...Glad I didn't...The too young to be married thing resonates with me though..Both my first wife and I were too young...She was a trophy wife and not worth the grief as it turns out...Not blameless on my side either of course...Guess I shouldn't turn this into a nightmare marriage thread...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I just go silent, and everyone knows not to talk tome for a while, I just want to be left alone!

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
The last loss to KC was the worst. I was more upset after the SB loss and some others, but this is the first time I've stayed unhopeful and pessimistic the entire week. The year that we had Bradford's ankle I had expected a bad year. They were a bad team and they played like it. But this year? The hopes were so high for me, the talent level is actually NFL caliber, and I had come into the year thinking I was going to see something truly special on the DLine. Like the Rams Dline of old. That last loss to a only-slightly-better-than-average Chiefs team was the final blow to that for me. It's 49er week, a team I've hated since I was learning to write in grade school, and I'm not looking forward to Sunday. It's taken every thing I've had not to rain negativity down on our nice little forum.

So, I'd say overall the last loss.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I've had meltdowns in front of my second wife before and that hasn't stopped her from haunting me. Do you have any...secrets you can divulge because I'm going with my daughter (sitting with my wife in the car while she drives her around) and every time I see a witch I have to bring out my garlic and my silver Star of David for fear it's her trying to blend in. :cautious:
View attachment 3872

I watched both Super Bowls alone. The really important games are done solo. No one gets to be around me. As far as the ex haunting me. Nah, that was another lifetime ago. A valuable but expensive lesson learned. In the show Breaking Bad, Gus Fring gave Walter White some valuable advice, "Never make the same mistake twice." ;)

Wow, I read the first paragraph and thought you were kidding...I almost posted something smart-ass...Glad I didn't...The too young to be married thing resonates with me though..Both my first wife and I were too young...She was a trophy wife and not worth the grief as it turns out...Not blameless on my side either of course...Guess I shouldn't turn this into a nightmare marriage thread...

Oh, why not? :sneaky:

I waited until I was 34 to marry this one. She was 32 and had been married before as well. Still a rocky ride but it's lasted a long time. My son knows this story and all of my past but apparently he didn't get the point. He got married the day before he turned 20. He's a Skins fan and she's a Packers fan. Somehow they make it work.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
The last loss to KC was the worst. I was more upset after the SB loss and some others, but this is the first time I've stayed unhopeful and pessimistic the entire week. The year that we had Bradford's ankle I had expected a bad year. They were a bad team and they played like it. But this year? The hopes were so high for me, the talent level is actually NFL caliber, and I had come into the year thinking I was going to see something truly special on the DLine. Like the Rams Dline of old. That last loss to a only-slightly-better-than-average Chiefs team was the final blow to that for me. It's 49er week, a team I've hated since I was learning to write in grade school, and I'm not looking forward to Sunday. It's taken every thing I've had not to rain negativity down on our nice little forum.

So, I'd say overall the last loss.

One day brother. We all have zero patience for this anymore. It's grown tiresome. Year after year, promise after promise. But the good thing is, when we do reign supreme once again it will be the best fucking feeling in the world. I think the football Gods owe us two consecutive championship seasons and 20 years of kicking ass. Our time will come, hopefully lol