your biggest fear this upcoming season is?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
Spiders.

The D getting gouged against the run and the O not being able to move the chains. We need to start fast and get above .500 before the horror stretch begins

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Run defense. The best way to slow down a pass rush is to run on them. The best way to make an offense play into our hands is to stop the run and make em one dimensional. Force teams to abandon the run and throw is playing to our strengths.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
My biggest fear is the fans all jumping ship if this team doesn't get off to a 3-1 start. They need to stay the course, and let a Jeff Fisher team improve as the year goes on. As most of his teams have shown they will. A fast start would be very helpful,, ,but if they can be around .500 at the halfway point, they could very easily win 6 of the last 8 to make their playoff push.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I agree that with a young team like ours and a number of rookie contributors again this year improved play and a second half surge is likely.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
My biggest fear is the fans all jumping ship if this team doesn't get off to a 3-1 start. They need to stay the course, and let a Jeff Fisher team improve as the year goes on. As most of his teams have shown they will. A fast start would be very helpful,, ,but if they can be around .500 at the halfway point, they could very easily win 6 of the last 8 to make their playoff push.
No matter how the year starts, I have full confidence in Fisher keeping the team on the right track. I just see this young team as needing some confidence - a fast start would help with that, especially on Offense.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Secondary giving up big plays.

2nd and 3rd year guys in progressing like expected.

WRs being the same ole WRs.

Run defense (especially against Adrian Peterson, Frank Gore, and Demarco Murray).

Turning the ball over.

Officiating screwing shit up again.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
That we'll be just enough better to lose close,instead of 6 double digit loses of 9 we have 9 loses by 3 or less and 6 of 7 wins by double digits

bluecoconuts

Legend
Regression and penalties. All of last season there were 37 flags thrown for illegal defensive contact. So far in 17 preseason games there's been 27 thrown.

Some teams are going to get away with it based on their star power (Seattle, SF, NE, etc). Rams aren't one of those teams, and it can lose us games and cause a downward spiral with a young team.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
DateOpponent
Sep 7 Minnesota
Sep 14 @Tampa Bay
Sep 21 Dallas

Week 4 BYE
Oct 5 @Philadelphia
Oct 13 San Francisco
Oct 19 Seattle
Oct 26 @Kansas City
Nov 2 @San Francisco
Nov 9 @Arizona
Nov 16 Denver
Nov 23 @San Diego
Nov 30 Oakland
Dec 7 @Washington
Dec 11 Arizona
Dec 21 N.Y. Giants
Dec 28 @Seattle

3-1 start or we finish in 4th place again. You can quote me on that.
It's year three. This doesn't have to be a great team, but it's time to be a good team. Good teams don't fumble out of the gate and improve along the way to win 7 games en route to 4th place.

But i'm not here to worry about our fellow fans' "irrational" expectations :fighting:

Last edited:

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
That my mustache will never be a good as Fisher's!

RFIP

Yep.

I see too many people concerned that we some how "have to" start 3-1 or it's all over.

Really?

So this is just a paper defense then? Nothing real.

So if we are 2-2 the defense will start to implode and give up 25-30 points/game?

Nonsense.

Yeah I'm apprehensive about our receivers, I want to see it on the field.

But goodness folks, how can't everyone be all in on the defense?

And if the defense plays well we WILL be in all 16 games this season.

Sam will certainly get better and better as the season goes forward, and as he meshes with all his receivers this team will only get better.

Honestly I see 10 wins as my median point this season, could be more.

Because I KNOW the defense is for real and will keep us in every contest and the offense will be on the come!

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I fear blown defensive assignments creating big gains for our opponents. It's a common problem of hyper aggressive schemes like those of Williams and Haslett. The second level of this fear is based on the inexperience of the secondary with this scheme. I wonder how many will be quoted in training camp 2015 how much better they will be with experience in Williams' system.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Don't really have any fears, this team is ready to roll.

If I did, it would be that the young vets. the 2nd and 3rd year players wouldn't take the next step forward or worse, regress.
That happens and it's not only bad for this year it means the offseason is dedicated to re-evaluating and replacing the players that were brought in to replace the last mistakes.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Sep 7 Minnesota
Sep 14 @Tampa Bay
Sep 21 Dallas

Week 4 BYE
Oct 5 @Philadelphia
Every one seems to keep saying, at this point, the Rams will be '3-1', I aint goin' for it! Not only will we be 4-0, but I believe we will go 6-0 before we suffer a 'let down' ! :D It's what happens after this point that has me wondering.