Young QBs cut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Just want to try to keep a thread of this, and see if anyone likes any of them better than Gilbert as that 3rd developmental guy.

Stephen Morris (UDFA) (No)
Tyler Wilson (2013 4th-rounder) (Maybe...?)
Jordan Palmer (2007 6th-rounder) (No)
Ricky Stanzi (2011 5th-rounder) (No)
GJ Kinne (2012 UDFA) (No)

CoachO

Hall of Fame
not sure a young QB is what they will have any interest in. If they have any intentions of adding a QB, its gonna be someone with some experience to be Hill's backup.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
not sure a young QB is what they will have any interest in. If they have any intentions of adding a QB, its gonna be someone with some experience to be Hill's backup.
Quite likely. Depends on how they think Gilbert played, and considering the horrible, horrible blocking he got, I'd say he warranted his spot as developmental/PS guy.

But you never know who shakes loose. Wilson was a big-time prospect about eighteen months ago.

bigdog2834

UDFA
Name
Donnie
I would really like to see Tyler Wilson make it. As a big Arkansas fan, him and Mallet were the best pro style QB's we have had in my time. I would definitely bring him in for a look. A lot of the time they just need to be in the right system. I think he has all the tools to be a good player.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would really like to see Tyler Wilson make it. As a big Arkansas fan, him and Mallet were the best pro style QB's we have had in my time. I would definitely bring him in for a look. A lot of the time they just need to be in the right system. I think he has all the tools to be a good player.
He intrigues me for the same reason Tajh Boyd intrigued me this past draft - you don't make it to the #1 or #2 preseason draft prospect without having boatloads of talent. Both of them stumbled in their final NCAA year, but you have to believe a good NFL QBs coach would be interested in trying to get them to their physical potential.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Jordan Palmer seems to have proven himself in at least a coaching capacity and he has looks OK when I have see him play. From a sports fan couch potato perspective, I wouldn't cry if we gave him a phone call. Though I have to say Davis and Gilbert have been okay. I really am not in the desperation mode. The young guys could use some coaching though and I think he could possibly help in that fashion if not stepping up himself. At this point, why not?

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
More now than ever, the PS is where the "young developmental QB" goes. Not on the final 53. Seems like every team has that potential diamond in the rough QB. Nice there's a spot for them.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Wilson has talent, if we were bringing in a QB I'd like to see him given a chance.

A55VA6

Legend
I'd like to see a veteran come in rather than a younger guy to back up Hill. I'm sure that's what the Rams are thinking as well.

Gilbert should be headed to the practice squad. I doubt he'll be claimed.