You know what really grinds my gears?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
When you are on a sports site and reading comments, and someone who disagrees w/ a statement says in a snooty, douche baggery way "sorry, but yada yada yada." It's annoying. IDK why, but it really grinds my gears. That "sorry" makes the other person look dumb when they were just giving their opinion. It isn't fair in my book.

I have another cliche that drives me bonkers, and it was said alot during the NBA playoffs, but for some reason can't remember it. That is a good thing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ha. The Peter Griffin editorial.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
That one you're forgetting from the NBA Finals is... "Foul on (whoever was guarding james)".
:grr:

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Oh man I have one, I'm watching Wimbledon this week and the grunting the women make... Honestly, I have to watch it on mute.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
ScotsRam said:
Oh man I have one, I'm watching Wimbledon this week and the grunting the women make... Honestly, I have to watch it on mute.

I actually find that very arousing.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Selassie I said:
ScotsRam said:

Yeah it'd be great if there weren't 20,000 strangers there too...!

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Selassie I said:
ScotsRam said:

Me too, I find it that and amusing.

And please don't ever mention refs/James in the same sentence again. Game 2 still pisses me off. :grr:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Sorry to bring up james and the NBA refs .

I used to ref HS B-Ball. I refed some Pro summer league games here in Orlando as well. As a result , I have a real hard time watching what goes on with the refs in the NBA.

OKC will be back ,,, if you start getting bummed ,,, just imagine being a Magic Fan like me and you'll feel better .

Angry Ram

Not bummed, from 3-29 before Brooks got promoted 2 the Finals in 3 years, not bad. Just mad at that game 2. I can only imagine how you felt watchin these series.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
ScotsRam said:
Selassie I said:
ScotsRam said:

Hmmmmmmm.... Just sayin' :sly:

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
RamFan503 said:
ScotsRam said:
Selassie I said:
ScotsRam said:

Heh... Whatever floats your boat!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
ScotsRam said:
RamFan503 said:
ScotsRam said:
Selassie I said:
ScotsRam said:

Just yokin' with you. That grunting and screaming drives my wife nuts too. It strikes me as funny that the crowd is supposed to remain silent during a point but the players have taken to sounding like a raccoon giving birth.

superfan24

Starter
Woah surprised there's tennis fans on the board.
Scots- I'm assuming your a huge fan of Murray? Tough match with Baghdatis right now. On my bucket list to get to Wimbledon.

superfan24

Starter
RamFan503 said:
ScotsRam said:
RamFan503 said:
ScotsRam said:
Selassie I said:
ScotsRam said:

Just yokin' with you. That grunting and screaming drives my wife nuts too. It strikes me as funny that the crowd is supposed to remain silent during a point but the players have taken to sounding like a raccoon giving birth.

Can't watch women's tennis anymore unless the women are doing something else online :hehe:

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
RamFan503 said:
ScotsRam said:
RamFan503 said:
ScotsRam said:
Selassie I said:
ScotsRam said:

It's just so gratuitous, they never used to do it and there doesn't seem to be any discernible advantage...

Anyway, I think this is a quality topic, what else pisses people off? Another one I have is people who don't say thank you. I make a point of saying "you're welcome" really loudly and sarcastically in these cases.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
superfan24 said:
Woah surprised there's tennis fans on the board.
Scots- I'm assuming your a huge fan of Murray? Tough match with Baghdatis right now. On my bucket list to get to Wimbledon.

Yeah I'm a Murray fan, there are so few world class Scottish athletes that we can't be fussy! Baghdatis is looking strong, it's a great match.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
OK - well being that we are on tennis at the moment.... What grinds my gears is shorts under the skirt. What the hell! Women's tennis used to be a great spectator sport. Now it's all shorts and grunting. Beach volleyball - the new net sport to watch. :sly:

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
RamFan503 said:
OK - well being that we are on tennis at the moment.... What grinds my gears is shorts under the skirt. What the hell! Women's tennis used to be a great spectator sport. Now it's all shorts and grunting. Beach volleyball - the new net sport to watch. :sly:

Now you're talking.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Hey Scotty,,, as for the thought about the screaming not providing any discernible advantage. It actually does my brotha...

The girls started screaming in order to hide the sound of the ball popping off of the racquet. Listen closely, and you'll notice that they start their scream before (some girls WAY before) their back swing , and continue the scream all the way through and after the swing of the racquet. Hearing the sound of the ball popping off of the racquet does help the player with timing, and many times it can provide a hint as to direction of the return of the ball. Mask the sound, and a clear advantage is gained.

I'm sure you know Mr. Navatilova :sly: ,,, well I've heard HIM explain this before, and HE in fact feels that it should be against the rules.

I used to play lots of tennis and I was a huge tennis fan back in the 80's when My favorite player ( John Mcenroe ) was still on tour. I've seen many of the pros from back in those days play in person here in the States.

My sister used to be Nick Bollettiere's personal assistant... she worked at his tennis academy here in FL. She took me out there a bunch of times and I was actually able to hit with Mary Pierce on 5 or 6 separate occasions. Women's tennis has a special place in my heart,,, or let me just say that I am a big fan of the legs and asses on girl tennis players. throw in the wild screaming and I can't change the TV channel if its on. The Williams sisters do scare me though.

Angry Ram

You know what else grinds my gears?? When my thread gets hijacked. :shifty: