You gotta love Tweet Wars.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

@MikeSilver Michael Silver
Jeff Fisher is meeting with Rams owner Stan Kroenke tonight and tomorrow. But not in St. Louis... in Denver.

It is very much a two-team race for fisher right now. Dolphins did their job. Now it's the rams' turn at the plate.

Fisher doesn't care about having a stud qb immediately. This is not a short-term commitment. And he doesn't love bradford anyway...

He cares about having a committed, aggressive owner who wants to win and will let him coach the way he knows how. That's the biggest thing

Miami is in the lead but st louis is stepping into batters box, could be a hell of a game

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@TheToddWashburn Todd Washburn
@MikeSilver have a quote or are you talking from your rectum?

@MikeSilver didn't think so.

Mike Silver and his Yahoo! Reporting skills go on my list of dumbasses.

Can't wait to take his job...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@TheToddWashburn don't disrespect me. If u think i don't have great sources on this, go elsewhere

@TheToddWashburn think about it. Check my record. Improve your people skills. And enjoy being blocked. Oh btw my source is...

Question my journalistic integrity, become a former follower. Immediately.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@SoftliSTL Tony Softli
Mike Silver is tied closely to Coach Fisher, he seems to have the heart beat on the story, Rams sources have gotten very quiet.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:

Jeff Fisher is meeting with Rams owner Stan Kroenke tonight and tomorrow. But not in St. Louis... in Denver.

It is very much a two-team race for fisher right now. Dolphins did their job. Now it's the rams' turn at the plate.

Fisher doesn't care about having a stud qb immediately. This is not a short-term commitment. And he doesn't love bradford anyway...

He cares about having a committed, aggressive owner who wants to win and will let him coach the way he knows how. That's the biggest thing

Miami is in the lead but st louis is stepping into batters box, could be a hell of a game

@TheToddWashburn Todd Washburn
@MikeSilver have a quote or are you talking from your rectum?

@MikeSilver didn't think so.

Mike Silver and his Yahoo! Reporting skills go on my list of dumbasses.

Can't wait to take his job...

@TheToddWashburn don't disrespect me. If u think i don't have great sources on this, go elsewhere

@TheToddWashburn think about it. Check my record. Improve your people skills. And enjoy being blocked. Oh btw my source is...

Question my journalistic integrity, become a former follower. Immediately.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@SoftliSTL Tony Softli
Mike Silver is tied closely to Coach Fisher, he seems to have the heart beat on the story, Rams sources have gotten very quiet.

That really sounds like something that you'd want a reporter that's close to you saying on twitter, brilliant. I wonder how close he'll be if Fisher gets the St. Louis job.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I dunno. I thought he handled it alright - considering "The Todd" took it to him rather strongly.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Username said:
And he doesn't love bradford anyway...

Fuckin bullshit. How could this guy possibly know this?
Dunno. But I asked him. We'll see what he says - if anything.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
I dunno. I thought he handled it alright - considering "The Todd" took it to him rather strongly.
Yeah, but it's not the handling issue. It would be very irresponsible to leak info like that, true or not, about a coach that you are supposedly close to. This could cause the Rams to say fuck you to Fisher. If I was Fisher, I'd have him neutered then have him remove the post. Wouldn't be surprised if it disappeared.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
X said:
Yeah, but it's not the handling issue. It would be very irresponsible to leak info like that, true or not, about a coach that you are supposedly close to. This could cause the Rams to say fuck you to Fisher. If I was Fisher, I'd have him neutered then have him remove the post. Wouldn't be surprised if it disappeared.
I don't understand. What is it he said that was so objectionable?

BTW - Silver said when he answered me, Fisher doesn't LOVE Bradford, but doesn't dislike him. Whatever that means.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
Yeah, but it's not the handling issue. It would be very irresponsible to leak info like that, true or not, about a coach that you are supposedly close to. This could cause the Rams to say freak you to Fisher. If I was Fisher, I'd have him neutered then have him remove the post. Wouldn't be surprised if it disappeared.

BTW - Silver said when he answered me, Fisher doesn't LOVE Bradford, but doesn't dislike him. Whatever that means.

Uh huh. Like he even has a clue what his feelings are towards Sam. I'd imagine he hasn't really developed any yet. Unless he's been scouting him since he came out of the draft.

Now that he's interviewing with the Rams I believe they will familiarize him with Sam, along with him familiarizing himself.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I'm not too thrilled at the prospect of bringing in a coach who isn't committed to Bradford. For good or bad, the offense needs to be built around Bradford.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:

He's leaking info about a coach who is about to interview for a multi-million dollar job. He goes on public record saying that Fisher, a guy he's close to, doesn't really like the franchise player of the team that he's interviewing for. To me that adds all kinds of possible complications. If I was CEO, I might ask Fisher if this was true, if he had already made up his mind about Bradford. Plus, if he did get the job, doesn't that sound like a bad scenario, Sam knowing what Fisher said about him? Plus, it's making fans on site a little pissed, including myself.

You don't see anything wrong with that? If Fisher said this, it was said in confidence.

Please everyone else weigh in. This is interesting to me.

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
And he doesn't love bradford anyway...

k44fo.jpg

I figured I'd censor the picture.

But seriously... If Fisher isn't in love with Bradford, he can enjoy the rain in Miami.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:

He's leaking info about a coach who is about to interview for a multi-million dollar job. He goes on public record saying that Fisher, a guy he's close to, doesn't really like the franchise player of the team that he's interviewing for. To me that adds all kinds of possible complications. If I was CEO, I might ask Fisher if this was true, if he had already made up his mind about Bradford. Plus, if he did get the job, doesn't that sound like a bad scenario, Sam knowing what Fisher said about him? Plus, it's making fans on site a little pissed, including myself.

You don't see anything wrong with that?

I'll give you the answer he gave me. "I didn't say Fisher didn't like him, I said he doesn't LOVE him." And hey, this is the coach people want, so I'm reporting on it. Now, what do *I* think about it? I think it's rather revealing, and it tells me two things. One, he's not preoccupied with having a stud QB in place as previously reported. I mean, why would he be interested in that? He never really had one before anyway, unless you count McNair. But even then..... meh. Two, it preemptively puts the team on notice. More or less saying, "I don't care what you're hyped up to be, or who you were drafted to be, or what you've accomplished. I'm Jeff Fisher, dammit. You all have to prove yourself to me."

Do I think it's cool? Nope. Do I think he was/is using Silver as a mouthpiece? Nope. Again, just reporting on it.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Like I said, I'd honestly be surprised if he's developed any feelings towards Sam at all yet. Now that he's interviewing with the Rams I'd imagine they'd be able to fix any concerns he'd have.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:

You don't see anything wrong with that?

I'll give you the answer he gave me. "I didn't say Fisher didn't like him, I said he doesn't LOVE him." And hey, this is the coach people want, so I'm reporting on it. Now, what do *I* think about it? I think it's rather revealing, and it tells me two things. One, he's not preoccupied with having a stud QB in place as previously reported. I mean, why would he be interested in that? He never really had one before anyway, unless you count McNair. But even then..... meh. Two, it preemptively puts the team on notice. More or less saying, "I don't care what you're hyped up to be, or who you were drafted to be, or what you've accomplished. I'm Jeff Fisher, dammit. You all have to prove yourself to me."

Do I think it's cool? Nope. Do I think he was/is using Silver as a mouthpiece? Nope. Again, just reporting on it.
He did Fisher a huge disservice IMHO in a lot of ways. Bring on a new coach, I need someone who believes and will support my QB 100%, because like it or not, Bradford fan or not, we are tied to him financially, and in other ways.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
@AlbertBreer Albert Breer
Can confirm @MikeSilver report also that Rams owner Stan Kroenke and Jeff Fisher will meet in Denver tomorrow.
1 minute ago

@SoftliSTL Tony Softli
Rams sources won't dispute @MikeSilver report of meetings between Kroenke and Fisher, but also said the list is comprehensive beyond Fisher

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And..... Mike Silver loves me now.

@JohnMarecek John Marecek
It appears @MikeSilver is hosting an impromptu chat after giving Fisher update. Also appears people struggle to process info accurately

@RamsONDEMAND "The Dude"
False. @MikeSilver said he loves me. I heard it clear as day. RT @JohnMarecek "Also appears people struggle to process info accurately."

@RamsONDEMAND @JohnMarecek i love him.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:

You don't see anything wrong with that? If Fisher said this, it was said in confidence.

If this is true, then I'm bothered by it as well.

Do (1) we have a reporter talking out of his butt? or, (2) do we have a reporter breaching confidence? or, (3) did Fisher give this reporter authorization to reiterate what he said to the public?

If it's (1), then who cares. If it is (2), then I think we have a problem in that Fisher is not convinced that Sam is the answer at QB, which is particularly troubling in a QB dominated league. If it is (3), then I think we have two problems: first, that Fisher is not convinced that Sam is the answer at QB, and Second, that Fisher lack judgement from a PR sense.

Further, if "he's not preoccupied with having a stud QB in place as previously reported", as mentioned by X, then I question Fisher's judgement on this. As we've seen that the most successful teams in today's NFL DO have stud QB's in place. So, is Fisher out of touch with today's model for success? If so, we have another problem.

This entire chain of events, illuminated in this thread, gives me stomach pains.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Nicely articulated Interference.

I believed he was telling the truth, that's my problem. :sly:

Oh well. :nono:

Do us a favor, let us know if there is any fallout from this, besides from me. I am doing everything I can to NOT question Mike Silver and ask him the only question I would need to get blocked. "Do you think you did Fisher any favors, hours before his interview to leak that he wasn't "in love with Bradford", possibly pissing off the team and their franchise player?".

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
DR RAM said:

Do us a favor, let us know if there is any fallout from this, besides from me. I am doing everything I can to NOT question Mike Silver and ask him the only question I would need to get blocked. "Do you think you did Fisher any favors, hours before his interview to leak that the wasn't "in love with Bradford", possibly pissing off the team and their franchise player?".
Good question.

My guess is that Silver would answer by saying that this is not his concern... that he had pertinent information and that he was just reporting it.

You know, maybe Silver just did us a favor. Because if Fisher either (i) doesn't think he needs a stud QB to win in this league; or, (ii) doesn't think SB is that QB, then I'm not so convinced that Fisher is the right fit.

What's starting to trouble me most right now is that the Rams seem to have gone into this shooting from the hip. SK basically woke-up Monday morning and decided to clean house, without locking up a replacement or without even building a list with numerous potential replacements that one could reasonably argue would be a measureable upgrade over Devaney/Spags.

I'm not liking what I'm seeing out of SK, not at all so far.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:

Do us a favor, let us know if there is any fallout from this, besides from me. I am doing everything I can to NOT question Mike Silver and ask him the only question I would need to get blocked. "Do you think you did Fisher any favors, hours before his interview to leak that he wasn't "in love with Bradford", possibly pissing off the team and their franchise player?".
Do it, man. Badge of honor time. Sometimes you gotta axe the hard questions. I have my "Blocked by Bernie" badge all polished up and on display next to my Franklin Mint Three Stooges Pop Art Collector's Plate.