You get to change one loss in Rams history to a win

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
That 70's Ram team really deserved a superbowl, but I gotta go with SB36. As many have said, that was a dynasty in the making and the stinking, filthy, cheating, holding, interfering, shitbag motherfucking cheatriots did not deserve to win that game. That 2001 Rams squad was the single best football team I have ever seen in my life. Such a shame.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Hard to choose between the 2 SB losses for me. I could go either way, but I'm leaning towards the 79 loss to the steelers. Winning that game would have helped me get through the 90s in a much better mood. It would have been nice to for me as a kid who was always the lone Ram Fan to at least have that one SB to talk some shit about.

Plus,,, "that woman" may have actually been forced to pay The Italian Stallion the $ he deserved and he would have stayed... possibly leading US back to the Big One.

Also,,, consider the fact that in 79, we had never been a SB Champ. When we got hosed by the cheatriots, at least we had recently won it all already.

Yeah, Super Bowl against the Pats for me as well. I would be able to stomach all the losing since if they had 2 SB's instead of 1. Plus, you wonder how the fan base/stadium situation, etc. would be impacted by having that 2nd title. Maybe not much, but when you win 2 titles in 3 years, it can lead to a lot of good things.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On the game changing play of the game, Youngblood missed sacking Bradshaw by a split second, maybe less, by his estimation, because of his broken leg. He gets that sack, Rams win with Kid Ferragamo as the unsung hero.
So, the spring of the 1979 season was also one of the biggest losses in Rams history, which has to be the death of Carroll Rosenbloom as he didn't get to see the SB game coming up. He would have been proud.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Faceplant said:
That 70's Ram team really deserved a superbowl, but I gotta go with SB36. As many have said, that was a dynasty in the making and the stinking, filthy, cheating, holding, interfering, shitbag motherfucking cheatriots did not deserve to win that game. That 2001 Rams squad was the single best football team I have ever seen in my life. Such a shame.
There is no way the Cheatriots are able to pull-off so much cheating, with Kukar's complicity, if elements within the NFL are not involved. It had to be bigger than Belicheat, which is why he was not permanently suspended from the league... having the "goods" on the NFL gave him leverage when the little caper finally went public.

RamsSince1969 said:
On the game changing play of the game, Youngblood missed sacking Bradshaw by a split second, maybe less, by his estimation, because of his broken leg. He gets that sack, Rams win with Kid Ferragamo as the unsung hero.
So, the spring of the 1979 season was also one of the biggest losses in Rams history, which has to be the death of Carroll Rosenbloom as he didn't get to see the SB game coming up. He would have been proud.
Yes, I recall thinking that we had the sack on that play... it was right in front of our seats. Wasn't that a 3rd and long play as well?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Awright, IMA break this feeding frenzy up right here and make a NEW RULE.
Quit being Mr. Obvious make it a game OTHER THAN a playoff loss, ANY average fan can say a playoff game let's see some thought put into it.
For me:
Oct. 28 2001

In a season where 10 points seperated us from a perfect record
this was our first loss.
Set up: Thor and I had spent the night ( temp got below freezing ) sleeping on the rocky ground of a Boy Scout camp ground at Taum Sauk Mountain (Missouri Ozarks) f-ing killed my back.
We get up early ( not hard since I never slept anyway) and take off up HWY 21 stopping at a truck stop on the way to shower ( I think I ran them out of hot water).
We get there about ten minutes before KO primed for slaughter.

Here is the box score of that game:

Scoring
NOR STL
1st Rams Isaac Bruce 51 yard pass from Az-Zahir Hakim (Jeff Wilkins kick) 0 7
Rams Ernie Conwell 2 yard rush (Jeff Wilkins kick) 0 14
Saints John Carney 33 yard field goal 3 14
2nd Rams Trung Canidate 1 yard rush (Jeff Wilkins kick) 3 21
Saints John Carney 44 yard field goal 6 21
Rams Jeff Wilkins 54 yard field goal 6 24
3rd Saints Joe Horn 46 yard pass from Aaron Brooks (John Carney kick) 13 24
Saints John Carney 44 yard field goal 16 24
Saints Joe Horn 6 yard pass from Aaron Brooks 22 24
Saints Willie Jackson 49 yard pass from Aaron Brooks (pass failed) 28 24
Saints John Carney 23 yard field goal 31 24
4th Rams Torry Holt 8 yard pass from Kurt Warner (Jeff Wilkins kick) 31 31
Saints John Carney 27 yard field goal 34 31

UH WTF, Did they break out the pipe at half time ?
We lost two game that year by a combined 10 points the next week was the bye ,they started a half too early ,until the SB loss it was the most devastating football experience of my then "young " life only to be crowned by the obvious SB debacle.
So what would I change it to?
The score of the NEXT game ,just play the second half like the first , the score of the next game: StL 48, Carolina 14

My humble submission

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
SB 14 - no question. It would have changed everything about team perception for decades. Not only that but I could have shoved it in all the Steeler band wagoners' faces in High School.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I was barely born two months after Super Bowl but would of been nice to have one SB growing up and sure it would of turned things around but after much debate how can you not be thinking of the loss to the Cheatriots? Dynasty and known as the GSOT of the 2000's decade as the 70's steelers, 80's niners, 90's cowboys. We'd be right there man....Elite company.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I can't vote for SB36, simply because there was no way we could have lost it, except for the obvious Kukar/NFL collusion, and the Bellichik cheating. To turn that into the lopsided win it should have been calls for too many variables to change.

Besides, as some have said, that was the turning point of the GSOT slide. If it continued long after, Georgia and Shaw will continue to believe their FO system works. If there was one thing the GSOT's decline proved, it was that the Rams' FO was dysfunctional and needed to change.

My vote goes to SB14. Why? Because then we would have beaten the Steel Curtain, as no one had ever done before. We would have proven, with our weakest team, that the Rams could beat anybody on a neutral field. That the Vikings and Cowboys were nothing compared to the Rams.

And how would I change history? Jack Youngblood doesn't break his leg against the Cowboys. The Rams' defense goes on to stifle Harris and sack Bradshaw into submission. And Cromwell doesn't drop the sure pick-6.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Rams vs Vikings 1976 NFC Championship, I was 13 and we had lost the past 2 NFC championships. LA was starting to think we couldn't win the big games and LA needed a winner.
We also would have then been in 4 superbowls and had another chance at winning

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Ram Quixote said:
I can't vote for SB36, simply because there was no way we could have lost it, except for the obvious Kukar/NFL collusion, and the Bellichik cheating. To turn that into the lopsided win it should have been calls for too many variables to change.

Besides, as some have said, that was the turning point of the GSOT slide. If it continued long after, Georgia and Shaw will continue to believe their FO system works. If there was one thing the GSOT's decline proved, it was that the Rams' FO was dysfunctional and needed to change.

My vote goes to SB14. Why? Because then we would have beaten the Steel Curtain, as no one had ever done before. We would have proven, with our weakest team, that the Rams could beat anybody on a neutral field. That the Vikings and Cowboys were nothing compared to the Rams.

And how would I change history? Jack Youngblood doesn't break his leg against the Cowboys. The Rams' defense goes on to stifle Harris and sack Bradshaw into submission. And Cromwell doesn't drop the sure pick-6.
Excellent post, Blue.

And how Cromwell drops that one I'll never know.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
If its not Superbowl 36...Its the Rams/Panthers double OT loss in early 2004. If I could have gotten coach Martz to continue what would have been the game WINNING drive very late in the 4th quarter, instead of him running down the clock out at the 15-yard line with 42 seconds left smh. Bulger was the comeback kid at the time, led the league in 4th quarter comebacks that season, Marshall and Isaac were playing sooo hard and got got us back in the game, and Torry was itching to make a big play after having arguably the worst game of his prime career...Martz got soft when we we driving to WIN, he played for the tie. Would we have won the SB in 2003? Probably not because the Pats would have cheated us again like they most likely did Carolina, but we would have had the opportunity to attempt a rematch because I think we would have beaten the Eagles in the NFC championship game. The Eagles got manhandled by Carolina and only escaped the Packers the week before because of a fluke 4th and 26 conversion. We would have beat Philly IN Philly by 10 or 14. We would have at least been NFC champions that 2003/04 season. My opinion...And I say this game because it caused me trauma as a younger lad haha

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Here are all the playoff appearances since moving away from Cleveland...

1949 - NFL Championship - Philadelphia Eagles 14 - Los Angeles Rams 0

1950 - National Conference Playoff - Los Angeles Rams 24 - Chicago Bears 20
1950 - NFL Championship - Cleveland Browns 30 - Los AngelesRams 28
1951 - NFL Championship - Los AngelesRams 24 - Cleveland Browns 17
1952 - Western Division Playoff - Detroit Lions 31 - Los Angeles Rams 21
1955 - NFL Championship - Cleveland Browns 38 - Los Angeles Rams 14

1967 - Western Conference Playoff - Green Bay Packers 18 - Los Angeles Rams 7
1969 - Western Conference Playoff - Minnesota Vikings 23 - Los Angeles Rams 20

1973 - NFC Divisional Playoff - Dallas Cowboys 27 - Los Angeles Rams 16
1974 - NFC Divisional Playoff - Los Angeles Rams 19 - Washington Redskins 10
1974 - NFC Championship - Minnesota Vikings 14 - Los Angeles Rams 10
1975 - NFC Divisional Playoff - Los Angeles Rams 35 - St. Louis Cardinals 23
1975 - NFC Championship - Dallas Cowboys 37 - Los Angeles Rams 7
1976 - NFC Divisional Playoff - Los Angeles Rams 14 - Dallas Cowboys 12
1976 - NFC Championship - Minnesota Vikings 24 - Los Angeles Rams 13
1977 - NFC Divisional Playoff - Minnesota Vikings 14 - Los Angeles Rams 7
1978 - NFC Divisional Playoff - Los Angeles Rams 34 - Minnesota Vikings 10
1978 - NFC Championship - Dallas Cowboys 28 - Los Angeles Rams 0
1979 - NFC Divisional Playoff - Los Angeles Rams 21 - Dallas Cowboys 19
1979 - NFC Championship - Los Angeles Rams 9 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 0
1979 - NFL Championship (SB 14) - Pittsburgh Steelers 31 - Los Angeles Rams 19

1980 - NFC Wildcard Playoff - Dallas Cowboys 34 - Los Angeles Rams 13
1983 - NFC Wildcard Playoff - Los Angeles Rams 24 - Dallas Cowboys 17
1983 - NFC Divisional Playoff - Washington Redskins 51 - Los Angeles Rams 7
1984 - NFC Wildcard Playoff - New York Giants 16 - Los Angeles Rams 13
1985 - NFC Divisional Playoff - Los Angeles Rams 20 - Dallas Cowboys 0
1985 - NFC Championship - Chicago Bears 24 - Los Angeles Rams 0
1986 - NFC Wildcard Playoff - Washington Redskins 19 - Los Angeles Rams 7
1988 - NFC Wildcard Playoff - Minnesota Vikings 28 - Los Angeles Rams 17
1989 - NFC Wildcard Playoff - Los Angeles Rams 21 - Philadelphia Eagles 7
1989 - NFC Divisional Playoff - Los Angeles Rams 19 - New York Giants 13
1989 - NFC Championship - San Francisco ***** 30 - Los Angeles Rams 3

1999 - NFC Divisional Playoff - St. Louis Rams 49 - Minnesota Vikings 37
1999 - NFC Championship - St. Louis Rams 11 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers 6
1999 - NFL Championship (SB 34) - St. Louis Rams 23 - Tennessee Titans 16

2000 - NFC Wildcard Playoff - New Orleans Saints 31 - St. Louis Rams 28
2001 - NFC Divisional Playoff - St. Louis Rams 45 - Green Bay Packers 17
2001 - NFC Championship - St. Louis Rams 29 - Philadelphia Eagles 24
2001 - NFL Championship (SB 36) - New England Patriots 20 - St. Louis Rams 17

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.clanram.com/forums/f11/rams-playoff-history-14540/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.clanram.com/forums/f11/rams- ... ory-14540/</a>

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'd like to have that 85 Championship game back, but I knew going in that we weren't going to win that one. That Chicago defense was probably the best I'd ever seen in my life. Leave it to the Dolphins to protect their perfect season by being the only team to beat them that year. God I hate those champagne cork-popping clowns.