You Get One FA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I agree it is foolish to hold signings from a completely different regime in the same regard to this one. Though Finny was one of those from the current regime. I don;t want to hold be weary of any high FA signings, but as a Ram fan, it is really hard to do now lolol.

FA is always a 50/50 mix really, no matter what team it is, actually i'd put it more at 30/70, the latter being failers in terms of money received and expectations.

But still, you have to do something with that money, you can't just pocket it and spend $100 mil of your salary cap, so might as well take a chance or two since you have to.
Yeah but Finnegan played really well the first part of last season until he got hurt. Supposedly played hurt most of this season.

Perhaps he gets healthy and is productive again this coming season...who knows, but I wouldn't sit around hoping thats the case.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Yeah but Finnegan played really well the first part of last season until he got hurt. Supposedly played hurt most of this season.

Perhaps he gets healthy and is productive again this coming season...who knows, but I wouldn't sit around hoping thats the case.

True, he did play well the first season, especially the first 3 games. He could come back and play great, or he truly could be done. I'd want him gone too personally, has definitely not been worth the money. But with Fisher and Williams here now, I think his chances of staying increase. I think a first round CB could do better. Oh well, in Fisher we trust..

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Tough call but gotta rebuild the O-line.

1a. Alex Mack
1b. Jairus Byrd

This draft is real, real deep in corners and value could be had in the later rounds even if we don't address corner in free agency or 1st/2nd round. Byrd could get serious consideration with the draft lacking an elite safety, but I think we have to anchor our line with a stud center like Mack.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I just can't get on board with a high priced Center when we already have one. I, myself, firmly believe Jones will be a very solid C very soon

I also beleive in Jones. It'll be very interesting to see what direction the team decides to go for OG.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I gotta be honest. I'm at a comfortable level with how Williams did. If we can get him back in here for dirt cheap again. I would do it and then hope to hit on a late round guy who can be THAT guy.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I just think its easier to find a starting OG then a CB. So my vote would be the kid from Tenn. Bonus is he knows the defense already

crazyhorns

Rookie
I know it won't be popular and yes it will be a risk. He is probably the most risk/reward free agent and a the deal can be a incentive deal that is structure so if he does not work out it will not kill you moving forward. So with that being said I would go with the trouble child Kenny Britt.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Saffold.

After we re-sign him, we won't have a ton of money so I'd say a FS like Chris Clemons, Michael Griffin or Louis Delmas.

And please no on Kenny Britt. Guy was atrocious this year on the field(before he was benched). And speculation is that he was one of the guys that Delanie Walker called out for not caring and basically quitting on the team. He caught only 33% of his targets and dropped 21.2% of his targets. He was very arguably the least effective WR in football.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
And please no on Kenny Britt. Guy was atrocious this year on the field(before he was benched). And speculation is that he was one of the guys that Delanie Walker called out for not caring and basically quitting on the team. He caught only 33% of his targets and dropped 21.2% of his targets. He was very arguably the least effective WR in football.

I'm pretty sure we'll end up seeing Britt in horns though. I agree his body of work over the past couple of seasons is terrifying, but he's shown some real flashes of --if not #1 potential, then at least solid starter potential. The kid found himself in some trouble and then the organization seemed to take a hands-off approach with him which clearly affected him last year.

He'd be a cheap acquisition, and if nothing else he'll be comfortable around Fisher.

A55VA6

Legend
Mack.
C is the second most important Oline spot to me. Mack is in his prime, Wells is past his.
Barnes has played well when he's played, and Jones was drafted for the purpose of being a center, not a guard. So bringing in a high priced OL FA like we did with Wells would be stupid imo.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I gotta be honest. I'm at a comfortable level with how Williams did. If we can get him back in here for dirt cheap again. I would do it and then hope to hit on a late round guy who can be THAT guy.
Chris Williams? He was by far the worst starter on the team.

jjab360

Legend
Chris Williams? He was by far the worst starter on the team.
He's the one starter we certainly need to replace this offseason. Him and Mcleod, though Mcleod has a bright future as a third safety and backup nickleback.