You ever have one of those Mortality Moments?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was watching an NFL Top 10 "Hail Mary" edition, and there was this old actor with an almost white beard and a comb-over hairstyle named C.Thomas Howell. He had a nice little career, but nothing spectacular. I know him because of a movie I watched several times in the 80's called Soul Man, when I fancied myself as a future Law School student. Anyway, this is the guy I remember from then...
uVqBCaT.png

The guy I saw on the above show looked older (on the left) than even this picture that I found on Google...
XAcwjHW.png

I was shocked, cause I hadn't seen him in a long while, and then I thought of looking at his age. One part of me is saying, "Don't do it...don't you do it!" He was born in 1966, which is 2 years younger than me...
I just didn't need that tonight

eL7Ni2v.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
When James Gandolfini died, it suddenly hit me that I was basically the same age.
Now I'm exactly the same age as he was when he died.

That, coupled with working at Clemson U and seeing all those 18-20somethings walking around all day.

I'm old as fuck.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
When James Gandolfini died, it suddenly hit me that I was basically the same age.
Now I'm exactly the same age as he was when he died.

That, coupled with working at Clemson U and seeing all those 18-20somethings walking around all day.

I'm old as freak.
I know....I'm gonna graduate with a BS degree in December and I had fully planned to "walk", but now I am shying away from it. I probably will look ridiculous at my age doing it :sneak:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I know....I'm gonna graduate with a BS degree in December and I had fully planned to "walk", but now I am shying away from it. I probably will look ridiculous at my age doing it :sneak:

DOO EEEET!!!

do-it.jpg

Do-It-Do-It1.jpg

Hey-you-can-do-it.jpg

b0813ebdd95539d48845cd87d7d68922c6084b55e2601328d5880295a676d860.jpg

you-can-do-eet.jpg

Doesn't matter if you have to ride a Rascal scooter across the stage, DO IT!

You earned it and it will show that a) you never stop learning, growing and achieving and b) that you're a bad ass who earned, learned and achieved something later in life.

Moreover, wear sparkly shoes or something to stand out. Life is short and when you earn a chance to "take a victory lap", which as we all know doesn't come around all that often, celebrate it!!!

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Every now and then when I stumble across old friends I haven't seen in years

I recently stumbled across a old friend of mine on Facebook that was my roommate in the Navy back in the mid 80's

hadn't seen him since

o_O

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Watching college football this year and I realize I'm a full decade older than the freshmen.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

I just recently graduated with my BS (31, so not really old) and I walked. There were some wicked old people graduating with me. I'd suggest doing it. Everybody loves to see it. All the old people there watching their kids graduate after they didn't love to see someone their age graduate. It's a morale booster.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just recently graduated with my BS (31, so not really old) and I walked. There were some wicked old people graduating with me. I'd suggest doing it. Everybody loves to see it. All the old people there watching their kids graduate after they didn't love to see someone their age graduate. It's a morale booster.
You guys convinced me. I get to show off my summa cum laude bling if I walk, which will be fun!

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
It always makes me feel ancient when a high school kid you followed in Street & Smith college hoops edition ends up with a 16 year career, retires, and then ends up with a kid being recruited by Kentucky

* C Thomas Howell looks like shit

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
DOO EEEET!!!

do-it.jpg

Do-It-Do-It1.jpg

Hey-you-can-do-it.jpg

b0813ebdd95539d48845cd87d7d68922c6084b55e2601328d5880295a676d860.jpg

you-can-do-eet.jpg

Doesn't matter if you have to ride a Rascal scooter across the stage, DO IT!

You earned it and it will show that a) you never stop learning, growing and achieving and b) that you're a bad ass who earned, learned and achieved something later in life.

Moreover, wear sparkly shoes or something to stand out. Life is short and when you earn a chance to "take a victory lap", which as we all know doesn't come around all that often, celebrate it!!!
December 16,2017 at 8:30AM....I have ordered my gown, cap and tassel...I still have to buy my honor cord.....I MAY post a picture of me chasing down the dream, and getting it.....Thanks my friend, I have only one chance at this..

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
December 16,2017 at 8:30AM....I have ordered my gown, cap and tassel...I still have to buy my honor cord.....I MAY post a picture of me chasing down the dream, and getting it.....Thanks my friend, I have only one chance at this..

All of ROD will be cheering you on, brother!

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Mine happened one evening a year or two ago while watching the old 1970s sitcom , "The Odd Couple" with Tony Randall and Jack Klugman. I decided to look up their ages at the time and realized that Jack Klugman was younger than me during that series run.

That felt old.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mine happened one evening a year or two ago while watching the old 1970s sitcom , "The Odd Couple" with Tony Randall and Jack Klugman. I decided to look up their ages at the time and realized that Jack Klugman was younger than me during that series run.

That felt old.
I look back at moments in my family's life...like critical moves around the country. Looking back at my father and realizing how old he was (he seemed ancient to me at the time) on the last move to Portland when he was medically retired at age 48...I am 5 years older than he was right now....:baghead:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Twice last year.

I'm a huge fan of ELP. Fantastically love them.

In 2016 Kieth Emerson committed suicide early in the year and then Greg Lake died from cancer at the end of the year.

I couldn't listen to any of the loads of ELP recordings on my device for quite awhile. I was in HS when I fell in love with the music and have listened to them so much for so long.

And Susan Sarandon whom I have always thought was sexy AF. I saw a pic of her not long ago and thought "yeah I would hit that".

She was like 70. Which means I am old enough to want to bang an old lady.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

You just need to have some fun with it man. Rent a power chair and tell the school you need to ride it for some fictitious reason and on the day wear a silver wig or whatever.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
You just need to have some fun with it man. Rent a power chair and tell the school you need to ride it for some fictitious reason and on the day wear a silver wig or whatever.

Oh go as Bad Grandpa