You cant blame..

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The offense will look a lot better when we get Akers back. I like Henderson but he doesn't compare.

SJD is more important to this defense than I think a lot of us realized. And man are we missing JJ3 and Troy Hill.

Did you see HENDO’s TD catch ?I agree & also know he was brought in as a 3rd dwn back.Akers will be nice.
Don’t for get about Johnny Mundt.Mcvay doesn’t .

I’d like to see Bobby Brown emerge

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
the organization for trying to bring a championship to the Ram fans and the city of LA. When the Stafford trade went down there was some happy and some not so much, it started out great and with the additions of Miller and Beckham there was a ton of optimism and excitement.... it has nosedived quick and im beyond disappointed about the current results. if it’s too good to be true then it usually is. As a fan im deflated, but as fans all we can do is watch. Sucks like a Mfer. Hope they dig deep and find some chemistry quick.
To many needs at the start is of the season and the fact that we had to make deals because of injury and to be "all in " says it all.
There are enough games left to win to get to the playoffs.
Let's hope they can "find a way " go rams.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Beating jax doesn't right the ship, it only shows what we've shown already, we can beat shitty teams.
Gotta start somewhere though...I'm really pretty down about the season right now, but if the Whiners seemingly turn it around with a big win (Rams, obviously), then so can this group...I'll give up when/if they are officially out of the race...I still think a WC is real doable..

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
I look at the entire season when it started in September as the playoffs. Every team is in the playoffs. Yes, that includes the dreaded 49ers in the playoffs since September. 49ers could be in the Wild Card game still.

The 2021 campaign is not over yet. The Rams must adapt, adjust and play physical, disciplined and smart football.

And the season starts with McVay, Morris and Decamillis.

If the coaching staff are not adjusting and adapting to the NFL, it’s game over for the Rams entire organization regardless of what ESPN or sports pundits out there saying the Rams are all in. Every team is all in when the season started.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dunno about anyone else.

Typically, I'm an analytical sort, but can border on the pollyanna-ish... I really thought we were building a Super Bowl roster and I still feel this is a Super Bowl roster.

However, I cannot unsee the structural issues on the defense. The offense has issues and we're ALL seeing in stark relief how critical Woods is to our offense, but it's the defense that has issues that cannot be simply fixed with minor tweaks.

I'll say it again...

Morris isn't using Staley's 3-4 hybrid.

Morris is using a really shitty 4-3 hybrid of the Staley 3-4 hybrid WITHOUT the players to do it.

A 4-3 requires a MLB more like Jones, but he's a rookie. Reeder may have the build of a 4-3 Mike, but he doesn't have the range or the fundamentals to BE that guy. His gross mistakes on missed tackles are some HS level bullshit... I mean, it's so bad that I can explain not only the what, but the why and I've never played organized football.

You cannot play cover corners 8-10 yards off the receiver on 3rd and 4. Any competent OC will take that and any competent QB will complete that and we're back to 1st and 10.

And yes, while we use zone, our zone concepts are such garbage that it leaves the players confused. How many times have we seen guys on the wrong foot, going the wrong way on crossing patterns? Well, that's confusion on which cue is supposed to lead to which action. That's 100% scheme and coaching... and that's rarely fixed in a day.

Worse, after 3 straight weeks of doing the exact same thing, including after a bye week when some of the structural stuff could be revamped... NOTHING.

We've got 3 clear 1st ballot HoFers on our D who are still either in their dominant or slightly post dominant playing phase and we can't do anything right. When was the last time the defense generated a turnover?

This defense as it's called and schemed just needs a patient OC/QB combo that will just play pitch and catch with what we give them and they can go down and score almost at will. It's disheartening.

I love this team... maybe too much. I doubt I'll ever stop rooting for them, even if I finally can't take all the other parts of football and just stop following it like I have with baseball and basketball.

But it's not "giving up on the team" to say that structurally, UNLESS THE DEFENSE IS SCHEMED AND RUN DIFFERENTLY, THIS TEAM WILL CONTINUE TO LOSE FRUSTRATING GAMES.

I think the mood will be really somber after Sunday unless the Jags gift us a victory because our D is gonna give their offense a TON of opportunities. All a team has to do is avoid mistakes.

Can the Jags? I dunno, but they have this season, so it's not impossible. And other than the Jags, we have maybe the toughest remaining schedule in the NFL based on how teams are playing right now, so there are no easy "get right" games left on the calendar.

I will root for the Rams likely until my dying day, but the Rams this season? I think expecting a turnaround is the hope of a fan, but it's not based in any evidence. There is NO evidence that Morris will call the defense differently or change a damn thing. He's not changed anything other than scheming Ramsey in such a way that it's stupidly easy to take him out of the game now.

Ramsey's being dealt with like Hack a Shaq. It's infuriating and it's super unlikely to change with Morris as DC.

That's why the lack of expectation for any more wins this season... at least from me. I think we absolutely tank because Morris won't change his fucked up, bullshit, horrible, no good, very bad, sucks hairy ass, putrid hybrid of a hybrid scheme.

I'd love to be here in a few weeks saying, "wow, I really overreacted... my bad." Wouldn't be the first time, but I don't recall a time when I saw something structurally broken where I was wrong. Someone can correct me if they feel up to it, but I don't think so.

The good news is that in the middle of the latest debacle, I held my granddaughter (in my profile pic) and I immediately calmed down and I'm just in acceptance mode.

This team and especially HOW our defense is gonna play just is what it is and no amount of having the players we have is gonna change that. I'll just root and shake my head and the outcome will be what it is. I'll be happy for any victory and sad for any defeat.

I just can't unsee the pattern...
Fair enough opinion, but based on a LOT of assumptions. Don't forget, the Defense was run the same way when we were 7-1. I am not defending this Defensive scheme, as it drives me crazy, but in all fairness, if the Offense plays better the last 3 games we are probably 9-2 right now, and right there with the Cardinals. Also, I haven't seen the rams best game yet. Haven't seen them put all 3 phases together. There are 6 games left. Plenty of time to get it right.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
the organization for trying to bring a championship to the Ram fans and the city of LA. When the Stafford trade went down there was some happy and some not so much, it started out great and with the additions of Miller and Beckham there was a ton of optimism and excitement.... it has nosedived quick and im beyond disappointed about the current results. if it’s too good to be true then it usually is. As a fan im deflated, but as fans all we can do is watch. Sucks like a Mfer. Hope they dig deep and find some chemistry quick.
I understand Stafford... I think the Miller trade was dumb.

You could make the Stafford trade because you still had 3 top 100 picks this yr.

Now you have little draft capital this yr to fill holes and you have little cap space to keep Miller because you have to keep some other vets since you don't have draft picks.

It wasn't a move that made a lot of sense, especially with Hollins coming back and the fact that Miller was also not ready to go right away.

I think they got a little drunk on their 7-1 start and didn't think big picture.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I’d like to see Bobby Brown emerge
96eb819c-5b5f-4700-97bd-3a847301cae6_text.gif

For reals though I am not blaming anyone, but its pretty damn embarrassing with the star studded lineup we got with nothing to show for it. Time is ticking Donald & Co, aren’t getting any younger. You would of thought after that Super Bowl loss in 19’ we would of fixed what was needed right then & there, and ended back up in the run the following year to win it. Whatevers… Still be rooting for this team…

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

The Rams are built to score first and be up 7-0 or 10-0. But when that doesn't happen, it seems like we're a whole different team and that's been exposed.

I'm ok with occasionally going "all in". It paid off in the 2018 season. If not for that phantom holding call on Gurley's big run, it might have paid off. I'm not giving up on McVay after living thru Spags, Linehann and Fisher.

But I'm not sure that Stafford was worth the draft capital we gave up. (I could be proven wrong and I hope I am)

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
WE GOT THIS!!!!!!! It starts this week with a get right game. Then we go and dismantle the Cards!!!!!!!!!

oldnotdead

Legend
Geez this season is a long ways from being over. Can't get over how fast the doom and gloom comes out on this board. As long as they make the playoffs this team can be in the mix.

I'm disappointed but I certainly haven't given up. I will bet the doom and gloomers predicted 4-5 losses this year. So they are waving the white flag already?

Will they say they knew it all along if the team makes the SB? I have no problem with the trades and acquisitions. Once this team settles down with the new guys they should play better.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Robert Woods going down has had a profound impact, but it's time for the team to get over the shock. Also, the secondary getting sliced and diced 3 games in a row can and will be fixed.
I'll take the Rams being 7-4 at this juncture every year. This was just a rare bad stretch. Onward and upwards! Go Rams!!!!!!!!!

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the team needs to gel with the new players. We aren’t playing like a team right now. I am not entirely sure we will this year. The extra game we play may help a bit, but we can’t play like a bunch of prima donnas and win.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Rams are built to score first and be up 7-0 or 10-0. But when that doesn't happen, it seems like we're a whole different team and that's been exposed.

I'm ok with occasionally going "all in". It paid off in the 2018 season. If not for that phantom holding call on Gurley's big run, it might have paid off. I'm not giving up on McVay after living thru Spags, Linehann and Fisher.

But I'm not sure that Stafford was worth the draft capital we gave up. (I could be proven wrong and I hope I am)
I don’t know about the going up 10 or 7 zero.I do agree with the other parts.
It has been a rough couple of games.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
96eb819c-5b5f-4700-97bd-3a847301cae6_text.gif

For reals though I am not blaming anyone, but its pretty damn embarrassing with the star studded lineup we got with nothing to show for it. Time is ticking Donald & Co, aren’t getting any younger. You would of thought after that Super Bowl loss in 19’ we would of fixed what was needed right then & there, and ended back up in the run the following year to win it. Whatevers… Still be rooting for this team…

What was needed to be fixed ? Doesn’t make much sense.

To resign Suh? I’d say Gurley took up a big pocket of cash.I like the moves The Rams have made.Only going to go as far a Stafford.

Right after The Rams traded Goff,Aaron Rogers was on the trade block.Last Sunday & in 2020 just switching the QB would have won The Rams a SuperBowl imo.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
still plenty of football left - right now there is reason to be down. We all are. But get into the playoffs and go from there.

Everything is still out there - we just need to get some positive momentum again.
It may be "out there" for some but without a running game plus an underperforming defense & S.T. unit, this team is sorely limited.

They "took a shot" unfortunately this season the injury gods finally moved against them.