Yo! Be careful what you wish for with coaching change

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Be careful what you wish for in maintaining the current head coach:

7-8-1, 7-9, 6-10, 7-9, currently 3-5.

Offense near the bottom of the league and not improving.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OP, wanting Fisher fired after 4+ seasons isn't knee-jerk. We KNOW what we have in Fisher, and it's not good enough.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
This isn't surprising. The reason these guys are new this year, is because their teams were bad last year as well.

This is actually a good year to hire a new coach.
How many head coaches are going to be fired at the end of this year? My guess is possibly 3.
Rams
Jaguars
Chargers

Not a whole lot of competition for hot coaching candidates this year. I think it's a great year to make the switch.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Be careful what you wish for in maintaining the current head coach:

7-8-1, 7-9, 6-10, 7-9, currently 3-5.

Offense near the bottom of the league and not improving.

We need an offensive minded head coach to raise up our supposed franchise QB.

I just hope we can keep Greg Williams to run the defense, he does a pretty good job there.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
People say that lottery winners often end up being miserable.

I'll take my chances.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
4 years is a reasonable window with progressive results. Instead, we improved exponentially in 2012 and remain stagnant since. It's time we have an HC with a fresh mindset, no more 7-9 horseshit.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

I just hope we can keep Greg Williams to run the defense, he does a pretty good job there.

My thoughts as well. I'd love to keep almost all of the defensive staff intact, starting with Williams. It ain't broke, so let's not fix it.

Offense on the other hand ... Groh is the only possible keeper, I like what he's done this year.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Yes because Fisher has really proved himself with all these winning seasons here.

Psycho_X

Legend
I think Rams fans of today know as much or better what coaching changes can bring.

What kills me is I actually like Jeff Fisher for the most part. I think he can be a hell of a coach if he simply made better offensive coaching hires. If he hired someone really good and just got the hell out of their way I think he could be a Super Bowl coach again. I think that's why he frustrates me so much. I think he can be a great head coach if he simply got out of his own way. It's like we hired the bizzaro Mike Martz which is ironic.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I don't mean this as an attack, but I can not understand how anyone can still support Fisher.

I would love for someone to give me a solid reason as to why Fisher should remain coach of this team. I mean, if anyone bites on that bait I just set out, it's just going to be a shit fest of arguing, but why not.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I think Rams fans of today know as much or better what coaching changes can bring.

What kills me is I actually like Jeff Fisher for the most part. I think he can be a hell of a coach if he simply made better offensive coaching hires. If he hired someone really good and just got the hell out of their way I think he could be a Super Bowl coach again. I think that's why he frustrates me so much. I think he can be a great head coach if he simply got out of his own way. It's like we hired the bizzaro Mike Martz which is ironic.

Exactly. If he hired an offensive equivalent of someone like Gregg Williams, this team would be contending right now. Williams has done a great job of adjusting his scheme to the players he has, not to mention figuring out how to put guys into positions to play to their strengths, rather than trying to force players into his scheme irrespective of where their true talents lie. Mark Barron is a great example ... a bust for Tampa Bay, he comes to the Rams, Williams changes his scheme to find a spot for Barron that plays to his strengths, and now he's one of our best defenders.

Meanwhile, on offense, we're trying to make GRob into a cut blocker ... sigh.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Also, others have pointed it out here already, but this tweet and records mean nothing and shouldn't discourage a team from dumping dead weight when it comes to their staff.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
In other shocking news first time coaches taking over bad teams aren't able to Mack them super bowl contenders after 8 games. Pointless tweet IMO.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

IF Fisher goes I too hope we can keep Williams as our DC and I would Like to keep Snead as our GM too, he has a good eye for talent, and know how to get it!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Man I like Gase, long term I think he will turn oit to be a great hire for Miami

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I don't mean this as an attack, but I can not understand how anyone can still support Fisher.

I would love for someone to give me a solid reason as to why Fisher should remain coach of this team. I mean, if anyone bites on that bait I just set out, it's just going to be a crap fest of arguing, but why not.

I'm ready to fire him immediately and have been for some time - but to play devils advocate with you.

1. A new coach probably means new systems - new offenses, maybe even a new D - and we don't seem to have a roster full of quick learners out there.

2. This roster was supposedly built with his system in mind. It's hard to put your mind around that - but apparently it is the case.

3. The players seem to like him - I'd hate to lose talent because we have guys who want to play for a players coach.

4. Maybe it's not all his fault. We haven't had good fortune with injuries - especially at QB - and we did move for whatever excuses that is worth - plus they went total youth - this team is supposed to be just now coming into their own.

As I type this - none of it is persuading. It's beyond time to move on.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Who ever the new coach is he's going to swap most if not all the pos. coaches and coordinators. churn 40% of the roster 1st year be 70% turnover by end of the 2nd year.
He's going to win or lose with his players.

KJD_Ram

Rookie
Best case scenario in my mind would be to have Stan hold a "Come to Jesus" meeting like the one El Grindo (John Shaw) had with Dick Vermiel after the 98 season and player revolt. Force him to hire a PROVEN Offensive coordinator and then get the hell out of the way...leave the D staff alone. Lets not throw out the baby with the bath water here...