Yearly Duck diamond in the rough

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
The last couple years I've posted about unsung players from the Ducks that aren't getting much talk. These are guys that I think could breakout in the NFL and do well.

This year my pick is Linebacker Joe Walker.

Here's his numbers from the pro day at Oregon

The 6-foot-2, 240 lbs linebacker put on a show with a 37.5" vertical leap, 104" long jump, 23 reps on the bench press, a 4.60 second 40-yard dash and a 4.37 second 20-yard shuttle run.

Source article. http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2016/03/nfl_scouts_take_stock_of_orego.html

Walker like his predecessor Kiko Alonso suffered from the ridiculous defensive schemes that Oregon has run over the years. Thankfully that's coming to an end with the stepping down of the defensive coordinator. Walker really has a nose for the ball and is very athletic. He'd be a great pickup for special teams at the very least.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Fairly descent Stats. and size. Does he play inside or outside LB? Or Both?

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He plays inside in a 3-4 hybrid scheme.