Yay. Kellen Clemens inked.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Jim Thomas ‏ @jthom1
Rams have re-signed QB Kellen Clemens to a one-year deal as their backup behind Sam Bradford.

I liked that dude. He's scrappy.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Thank you very much! I was wondering why this hadn't happened. I feel a wee bit better now. :yeh:

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
This signing is key. He can answer any question Sammy might have about the offense. This can easily help Sam transition.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Thank you, Rams. I love this guy as a backup quarterback. He'll never be a starter, but he's more than capable of winning games for you.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Memento said:
Thank you, Rams. I love this guy as a backup quarterback. He'll never be a starter, but he's more than capable of winning games for you.
And....he knows the new offense. Very good signing IMO.

Wonderboy

Rookie
The other good news about this is that now the Rams can sign an undrafted rookie QB or two and actually hang on to one of them as a project/future back-up. I see that as a lot more possible with a legitimate, proven back-up QB. I'm not really in favor of drafting one late (although I'm fine with it if that's the direction the Rams brass decides to go). But I would think the Rams would be a desirable spot for a rookie-free agent solid QB that thought he should have been drafted because he'll know that the back-up QB is on a 1 year deal so that if he comes in and shows he can compete, he can slide in as the #2 next year. This was a good deal on many fronts.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Good deal. Kinda fun watching these Oregon players in horns. Clemens is a smart guy and is certainly competent as a back-up.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Love it. He's familiar with Schottenheimer's system and can help Sam out if he has any questions regarding the O. Like Feeley did when Shurmur was in St. Louis.

superfan24

Starter
FINALLY
Wow Now I'm getting very psyched for the season and the draft is in 9 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I love that people are getting pumped about Clemens. :woooot:

superfan24

Starter
DR RAM said:

lol it does seem kinda weird, but today as a whole and next thursday is really what is getting me pumped.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
DR RAM said:
Well, he did do a good job last year, and he's been in Schotty's O before, so it makes sense. We really needed a back-up QB.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Well NOW drafting a QB is below drafting a RB as far as priorities go.