Yahoo Preview: Rams 2017

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am excited for this year because it FEELS like a breakout year to me. Guys like the one that wrote this article look at stats and examines teams like the Rams because it's his job (because he has to). He takes the easy way out by looking at the bad results from the last few years, and thinks we are not much. He looks at Robert Woods and doesn't see his ability, just the total stats line without considering context. Woods was behind Sammy Watkins and had a not very good QB throwing the ball in a run-first Buffalo Bill offense. Look at Woods running routes, and I don't know how a Rams fan can't get excited about him. The single biggest addition is Whitworth, and this can't be overstated. The forced starts with penalty machine Grob was horrific last year. Having veterans like Whitworth, Sullivan and Saffold should help the other young guys on the Oline..again, this guys mentions nothing about that, because he just thinks everybody is garbage, so why dig deeper than looking at Oline rankings? Consequences of having a good Oline makes the QB, RB, and WR's better, but we are "garbage" to him so why expect anything else from the "same ole sorry @ssed Rams?"

I might have missed his mentioning Cooper Kupp, but if he did, it wasn't enough. I haven't been this excited about a rookie WR since Torry Holt.

This "expert" is just a cuck.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't care about the grade... but the points are fair IMO.

I've thought it for years now... if the Rams could just get near the middle of the pack on offense, things could get very interesting. Sadly, that never happened.

But I think it is fair to at least consider McVay's youth and that this is his first shot at HC... a very big job!

To me, it's one of those "it can't get no worse".

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Woods vs Britt comparison is based purely on the 2016 production. Britt was the main downfield target for the Rams last year by a wide margin. Thus he got his 1,000 yards, barely. Woods has been the number two target in a run offense in Buffalo. Woods is coming into his prime just turning 25 in April while Britt will be 29 in September.

Woods is considered a lead by example high character team player while Britt is considered more of a self center individual. Woods is going to be one the leaders on the Rams for the next five years something Britt never was.

He looks at Robert Woods and doesn't see his ability, just the total stats line without considering context. Woods was behind Sammy Watkins and had a not very good QB throwing the ball in a run-first Buffalo Bill offense. Look at Woods running routes, and I don't know how a Rams fan can't get excited about him.

I think I've seen a bunch of Robert Woods is this....Kenny Britt is that....This "Britt isn't a leader" talk...Why? Because he flipped a golf cart? Why, because he didn't wanna run routes for the rookie QB???

I could care less who is catching passes from Goff...Mannion...but to continue with the, Britt isn't a leader...isn't a team guy....that's BS. Hard worker at practice....extremely talented in games....kept his head down...and mouth shut about what he's seen around here.

Woods has played besides Sammy Watkins... A true #1 WR....Tyrod Taylor is a 60%+ passer....great deep ball %%% passer too...Sammy was injured a lot the last few years...yet, where was Woods? I liked Woods coming out of college...Hell, I liked Woods in high school. But guess what, HE'S NO KENNY BRITT. Britt is a true stud wr...a #1 type...and a leader by example...as far a game performance.

This team skill players....the linemen...running backs...everyone will benefit from competent QB play....that's where all the ire of the fans needs to lie....how does the QB play in 2017? That will determine how effective everyone else around the offense performs...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LACHAMP46 said:
I think I've seen a bunch of Robert Woods is this....Kenny Britt is that....This "Britt isn't a leader" talk...Why? Because he flipped a golf cart? Why, because he didn't wanna run routes for the rookie QB???

I could care less who is catching passes from Goff...Mannion...but to continue with the, Britt isn't a leader...isn't a team guy....that's BS. Hard worker at practice....extremely talented in games....kept his head down...and mouth shut about what he's seen around here.

Woods has played besides Sammy Watkins... A true #1 WR....Tyrod Taylor is a 60%+ passer....great deep ball %%% passer too...Sammy was injured a lot the last few years...yet, where was Woods? I liked Woods coming out of college...Hell, I liked Woods in high school. But guess what, HE'S NO KENNY BRITT. Britt is a true stud wr...a #1 type...and a leader by example...as far a game performance.

So you love Britt, I get it. I think he's not a great route runner, which was yet one more roadblock for a rookie QB to succeed last year. He was not considered a #1 WR with the Titans when he was acquired by Fisher/Snead. Who gives a cr@p about the golf cart? I care that he didn't run routes FOR ANY STARTING QB ON OUR TEAM' let alone our #1 Overall Pick in the Draft? wtf?

As for Wood's, we have never seen him in the role he will be in, with a decent thrower. He IS a great route runner, you wanna defend Kenny Britt as such a great #1 WR, that's your choice.

I am glad he's gone and won't miss him one bit.

Ram65

Legend

This team skill players....the linemen...running backs...everyone will benefit from competent QB play....that's where all the ire of the fans needs to lie....how does the QB play in 2017? That will determine how effective everyone else around the offense performs...

Maybe Britt could be a #1 WR if dedicated himself more to football. He hasn't been considered a true #1 WR ever as the best he did was last year just 1,002 yards. Woods has a total of 2451 yards his first four years while Britt had 2354 yards. Britt had a higher YPC which has been his greatest asset.

1. Britt was arrested a few times early in his career.
2. Didn't produce much for three years after Fisher left Tenn.
3. Posted having sex with his wife on instagram (removed shortly after).
4. Britt admitted he quit on a long pass route because he said he wasn't the primary target on the play just last year. As Goff threw him the ball he slowed down enough to not be able to make a play on he ball.
5. Spoke disparagingly about Tavon Austin, McVay and the Rams.

http://gotnews.com/heres-rap-sheet-one-st-louis-rams-players-anti-ferguson-cop-gesture/

http://www.sportsgrid.com/real-spor...video-of-he-and-wifey-going-at-it-doggystyle/

Kenny Britt has a history of putting himself in the limelight in a negative way. I don't know what the proper or improper term is but, leader doesn't come to mind. Robert Woods as far as a google search goes has never been in trouble. He has been praised by McVay many times about how hard he works. McVay even called him after practice to talk about practice. (In the 24 hour McVay Story) Young WRs are coming to him with questions and watching how he practices.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...s-rams-24-hours-nfl+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
"""""6:46 p.m.

On the drive home, McVay calls Robert Woods. “Hey, I was thinking about our conversation after practice. We can definitely clean up a couple of those routes—you can run them better—but don’t let that take away from all the good stuff that you’ve been doing, man.” McVay and Woods spend a few minutes discussing the specifics of those routes.

“But the main reason I was calling is because I could name about 25 good things you’ve done over last week and dating back to the minicamp, too. So, keep being hard on yourself because that’s why you are who you are, but don’t let it affect your weekend, man. You’re wired to separate, and you’ve done it consistently. And just watching how conscientious you are, and how you’re competing—showing the other guys how to compete, you’re making them better, too. And that’s what it’s about.”

Somehow, I don't see Kenny Britt taking to coaching at this level. I don't know if players looked up to Britt or not. I don't see him as someone I want players to act like and follow. I didn't watch Britt and Quick in tipping the golf cart. I do believe that Robert Woods is coming into his prime with a five year deal with the Rams. McVay Woods, Whitworth, Webster and other player signing gave the Rams a better off season then Yahoo graded them.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@LoyalRam @Ram65

I guess him not having a lick of trouble while on our roster counts for little.....I guess the video of him after practice catching from Goff doesn't show squat. I guess not one word of complaint about an alleged "middle school offense" makes him...what, an accomplice in the worst offense in franchise history?

Not sure again WHAT Britt has done, while on the Rams to receive such harsh criticism and scorn. Some guys lead by example...and with 1000 yards, that's what it looked like Britt was doing.

I'm not sure what Woods brings to the table...good route runner...ok...solid hands..sure...but I can imagine that no one is confusing him for a #1 wr....all the accolades of ota's...is fine and dandy. But the game is played on Sunday's in the fall...Until we see what he does then, I cannot rate this particular signing as some sort of upgrade...if anything, it's a lateral move. Kenny still brings skills to the table that Woods cannot and has not to this point of his career, matched.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@LoyalRam @Ram65

I guess him not having a lick of trouble while on our roster counts for little.....I guess the video of him after practice catching from Goff doesn't show squat. I guess not one word of complaint about an alleged "middle school offense" makes him...what, an accomplice in the worst offense in franchise history?

Not sure again WHAT Britt has done, while on the Rams to receive such harsh criticism and scorn. Some guys lead by example...and with 1000 yards, that's what it looked like Britt was doing.

I'm not sure what Woods brings to the table...good route runner...ok...solid hands..sure...but I can imagine that no one is confusing him for a #1 wr....all the accolades of ota's...is fine and dandy. But the game is played on Sunday's in the fall...Until we see what he does then, I cannot rate this particular signing as some sort of upgrade...if anything, it's a lateral move. Kenny still brings skills to the table that Woods cannot and has not to this point of his career, matched.
I saw him quit on a route or two in games..I saw him drop catches that he HAD to catch at critical points in a game. He was the 1000 yard receiver in an offense where Gurley was stifled and he was the main target over others that could not run routes and had hands of stone.. He was the tallest midget in a world of short people, imo...Again, you have your opinion and I have mine.

Ram65

Legend
@LoyalRam @Ram65

You are missing mY point
It's about moving forward with a new coach and mentality. Britt has talent. Never said he didnt. I gave examples of a me type things he did. I think a younger Woods will help the New Rams Culture move forword better than Britt would.