Y so much praise on PEAD??? RB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram4life11

Rookie
Y is there so much praise and hope for Pead to be the featured running back? If I'm not mistaken, didnt Richardson beat him out for the backup spot last year? And Richardson had a overall better season than Pead.

So y, does everyone expect to just beat out all the backs this year? Besides SJ, the Running Back competition this year is much better...

Can anyone explain y so much praise??

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Ram4life11 said:
Y is there so much praise and hope for Pead to be the featured running back? If I'm not mistaken, didnt Richardson beat him out for the backup spot last year? And Richardson had a overall better season than Pead.

So y, does everyone expect to just beat out all the backs this year? Besides SJ, the Running Back competition this year is much better...

Well... he was a high draft pick. Highly regarded coming out of school.

He didn't get many chances early in the season as the coaches admitted he was a little behind on the offense.

Later in the season, with a few touches, he showed some promise.

That's my take.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Ram4life11 said:

Actually Pead did improve in certain areas as the season progressed and Richardson ran out of gas, but that's because the Rams called Richardson's number far more often. On most depth charts Richardson is listed ahead of Pead, but we all know the position is up for grabs.

Why so much praise, I guess it's more hope than praise at this point. Pead seem to get it at the end and IMO he can't be worse at picking up the blitz than Richardson was last season and was one of the major reasons Jackson played the majority of the snaps towards the end of the year.

iced

Ram4life11 said:

He was late joining the team because of graduation, thus he was way behind vs richardson. Snead believes this is the sole cause of his lackluster season.

Pead got a fair amount of carries @ seattle for a #2b RB, and he looked good considering the blocking he had to work with (and seattle was #1 run d i think)

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Then there are those of us who think the question of who beats out who is irrelevant. RB by committee means they can tailor their choice of RB to that week's opponent and situations. I expect the first 4-6 games will be like this, then, once they have a feel for who does what better, they could go with one more often than the others.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Because.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

nighttrain

Legend
Ram4life11 said:

Pead missed all early camps, came is late, Richardson got the jump, don't see it this year, but I wont complain as long as we have a guy, or guys,. back there that get it done . Like Pead, but not in love :cheese:
train

duckhunter

Starter
It's wide open. Competition. Who wants it the most? Want to see them all contribute in positive ways.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
It's sort of hard to make a case for Pead without somehow making a bit of a case against Richardson IMO.
What I saw from Richardson last year was two things that I hope Pead doesn't demonstrate this year ,the first has been mentioned, he appeared to the casual observer to have hit the rookie wall .
Maybe Richardson doesn't "hit a wall" this year ,but the expectation has been established and if he shows any sign in the final third of the season,I think we're going to hear about it.

So there's that Pead showed better at the end of the season than at the beginning and Richardson seemed to show worse.

The other thing is that my impression of DR is when he gets hit head on ,that's it ,he doesn't fall forward even some times gets knocked backward,since Pead is slightly bigger the hope is he finishes a run of that type better.

My knock on Darren McFadden was always that he could be stood up and driven backwards by anyone.

In a game that comes down to inches , Pead is an inch taller and the hope is he gets the first downs instead of missing them by THAT inch.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LesBaker said:
X said:
Because.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Exactly the type of insight and lucid commentary that you are known for. :mrgreen:
Sometimes my insight can be too searing.

So I dialed it back for everyone. :nau:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
X said:
LesBaker said:
X said:
Because.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Exactly the type of insight and lucid commentary that you are known for. :mrgreen:
Sometimes my insight can be too searing.

So I dialed it back for everyone. :nau:
But what of we the anointed who wish a further dissertation like,cuz I said so, er sumpin' we can go with?

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Because Jeff Fisher is omniscient and with SJax leaving this year wanted to make sure Pead was 100% healthy

Hey, that's as good as any :huh:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I guess after watching Isaiah run this year we're all going have pead our pants...As they chant at Austin Peay University...Let's Go Peay!

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
den-the-coach said:
I guess after watching Isaiah run this year we're all going have pead our pants...As they chant at Austin Peay University...Let's Go Peay!

Or as the o line coach at San Fran asks after breaks Iupati?