Xbox One Vs. PS4

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
So yesterday I buckled under the pressure of my friends and I traded my xbox one for a PS4. I only agreed to do this for Diablo 3 and GTA5. I must say... I'm not impressed. The xbox is just a better machine it seems. Hell it doesn't even have a youtube app. I've been playing the show. It's a pretty awesome looking game. I'm just a little disappointed with the system as of now.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Wow... I play D3 on my Mac Pro 1,1 for now (only runs OS X 10.7.5 which is unsupported, so no idea when I'll get aced) and I've been contemplating migrating to the console. I got a free Xbox 360 from a friend and REALLY like the Youtube app. I can't imagine why the PS4 doesn't have a youtube app.

I was leaning toward the PS4 because I want to replace my Blu-Ray player with it and consolidate and have the PS4 be my Blu-Ray and gaming platform all in one.

But... if the apps aren't there...and the Youtube app is really a basic app... then I might just wait.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Really? I have multiple friends that got xbox one and say its a complete piece of shit and all the games look like shit compared to ps4 and switched. Guess it comes down to preferences.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Wow... I play D3 on my Mac Pro 1,1 for now (only runs OS X 10.7.5 which is unsupported, so no idea when I'll get aced) and I've been contemplating migrating to the console. I got a free Xbox 360 from a friend and REALLY like the Youtube app. I can't imagine why the PS4 doesn't have a youtube app.

I was leaning toward the PS4 because I want to replace my Blu-Ray player with it and consolidate and have the PS4 be my Blu-Ray and gaming platform all in one.

But... if the apps aren't there...and the Youtube app is really a basic app... then I might just wait.

Keep going with a separate blu-ray player. Depending on how much you play games, the console can get heated up really fast and can die on you. Plus there's that annoying whir the system makes, kinda distracts you from the movie. Of course I'm talking PS3 experience, and the 4s may be better built.

And doing a quick google search, the youtube app for PS4 will be out this fall.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Really? I have multiple friends that got xbox one and say its a complete piece of crap and all the games look like crap compared to ps4 and switched. Guess it comes down to preferences.

They most likely broke down to peer pressure over anything. It's only possible for PS4 exclusives to take full advantage of the hardware power the PS4 has over the One. Games literally will look the same, the only problem you may have is that it's going to push the One harder than the PS4 and you might get some frame rate sutter here and there.

I've done tons of research on both of these systems, and I still haven't bought one because I'm waiting for Christmas this year to shell out some cash for it.

The Xbox One got a huge setback with the $100 price increase over the PS4. With that happening, and some other questionable policy issues like not being able to buy used games, social media pretty much took over and influenced all the casual gamers (those that don't have allegiance to either system) to buy the PS4. Herd mentality is alive and really strong with this console generation.

At the end of the day, it comes down to what features you want. You aren't going to see major problems or differences between the games that play on each console.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
They most likely broke down to peer pressure over anything. It's only possible for PS4 exclusives to take full advantage of the hardware power the PS4 has over the One. Games literally will look the same, the only problem you may have is that it's going to push the One harder than the PS4 and you might get some frame rate sutter here and there.

I've done tons of research on both of these systems, and I still haven't bought one because I'm waiting for Christmas this year to shell out some cash for it.

The Xbox One got a huge setback with the $100 price increase over the PS4. With that happening, and some other questionable policy issues like not being able to buy used games, social media pretty much took over and influenced all the casual gamers (those that don't have allegiance to either system) to buy the PS4. Herd mentality is alive and really strong with this console generation.

TL:DR; At the end of the day, it comes down to what features you want. You aren't going to see major problems or differences between the games that play on each console.

Just read up on it Xbox one has lower hardware specs. Ps4 puts out better graphics. Just an example is the Ram. Xbox 1 has DDR3 and ps4 has DDR5, among other differences.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Just read up on it Xbox one has lower hardware specs. Ps4 puts out better graphics. Just an example is the Ram. Xbox 1 has DDR3 and ps4 has DDR5, among other differences.

The specs are lower on the Xbox, I admitted that. But you can't develop the same game for both consoles and have one be that much better in graphics. They might turn up the resolution, but outside of that, there's not much you can do without developing the game separately.

This is why I said that the PS4 exclusives will look better than games that are released for both systems.

So basically you should look for the exclusive titles that are coming out for each, then decide which ones you'd rather play. Outside of those, the only difference will be which controller you hold in your hand.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
The specs are lower on the Xbox, I admitted that. But you can't develop the same game for both consoles and have one be that much better in graphics. They might turn up the resolution, but outside of that, there's not much you can do without developing the game separately.

This is why I said that the PS4 exclusives will look better than games that are released for both systems.

So basically you should look for the exclusive titles that are coming out for each, then decide which ones you'd rather play. Outside of those, the only difference will be which controller you hold in your hand.

yea I get what your saying but I cant see how the xbox can be a better machine when its not...

PS4 Destiny graphics look superior to Xbox One version, but barely
http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/1...-look-superior-to-xbox-one-verison-but-barely

gpus.jpg

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
yea I get what your saying but I cant see how the xbox can be a better machine when its not...

PS4 Destiny graphics look superior to Xbox One version, but barely
http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/1...-look-superior-to-xbox-one-verison-but-barely

gpus.jpg

Did I say it was better? I think I said to decide which features you wanted and then decide.

Also, remember this. Sony is a hardware company, they will pump better hardware into their system. Microsoft is a software company, they will find ways to make things run more efficiently.

I'm telling you. It's all down to what features you want, what exclusive games you want, and which controller you like.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame

Youtube app is not on there because I think its exclusive to xbox. But you can always open the internet on the playstation and favorite youtube.com

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Did I say it was better? I think I said to decide which features you wanted and then decide.

Also, remember this. Sony is a hardware company, they will pump better hardware into their system. Microsoft is a software company, they will find ways to make things run more efficiently.

I'm telling you. It's all down to what features you want, what exclusive games you want, and which controller you like.

I wasn't talking about you... I was talking about the OP. I know all of this what your saying. I agree with you.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How were you talking to me while quoting him? I've had both machines. The games look EXACTLY the same. The difference is coming down to what can I do outside of the game? That battle isn't even close my friend. Not by a long shot.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I wasn't talking about you... I was talking about the OP. I know all of this what your saying. I agree with you.

I mean, if he thinks it's a better machine than he obviously likes the features on the one over the PS4. As long as he's happy, I say more power to him.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Well, glad the app is coming this fall to the PS4. I've heard good things from the home theater community about using a PS for a Blu-Ray player.

I may...eventually... end up with both, but when I make the switch, I'll have the PS4 and my Xbox 360 for more than a bit.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
How were you talking to me while quoting him? I've had both machines. The games look EXACTLY the same. The difference is coming down to what can I do outside of the game? That battle isn't even close my friend. Not by a long shot.

The same way your talking to me without quoting me.

Fine, xbox is a better machine than ps4. Forget what the experts say its all about a youtube app. Youtube app = far superior.

Also we are talking about a gaming console right? I think the main purpose in gaming.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I mean, if he thinks it's a better machine than he obviously likes the features on the one over the PS4. As long as he's happy, I say more power to him.

Yea which is fine, I have no problem with xbox. But to say its a better machine is just not true.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I didn't quote someone else then claim I was speaking to you. It's not about a youtube app. It's about the fact that the most popular website outside of Facebook isn't even available for easy access. The marketplace isn't but maybe a quarter what the xbox has. And yes we are talking about gaming. And like he said earlier, the only games that will look better are console exclusive. No reason to be a condescending prick. And what experts? There is nothing to be left up to experts. The PS4 has superior internals. No one is disputing that. That sir is a matter of fact, not opinion. So now let's reevaluate. If the games as of now are exactly the same graphics wise(until a ps4 exclusive comes out) then what must we look at the determine value? I look at the other functions. The xbox doubling as a DVR, the massive amounts of voice commands, the enormous app market that is available already in these early stages. As of now, the xbox one is far superior functionally. That's all we are saying.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Yea which is fine, I have no problem with xbox. But to say its a better machine is just not true.

Do you know what that extra hardware power means? It's a minimal gain in performance, which can be more than made up for with optimized software performance.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I didn't quote someone else then claim I was speaking to you. It's not about a youtube app. It's about the fact that the most popular website outside of Facebook isn't even available for easy access. The marketplace isn't but maybe a quarter what the xbox has. And yes we are talking about gaming. And like he said earlier, the only games that will look better are console exclusive. No reason to be a condescending prick. And what experts? There is nothing to be left up to experts. The PS4 has superior internals. No one is disputing that. That sir is a matter of fact, not opinion. So now let's reevaluate. If the games as of now are exactly the same graphics wise(until a ps4 exclusive comes out) then what must we look at the determine value? I look at the other functions. The xbox doubling as a DVR, the massive amounts of voice commands, the enormous app market that is available already in these early stages. As of now, the xbox one is far superior functionally. That's all we are saying.

Don't forget you have that nice external port to load a MASSIVE external HDD onto the Xbox one. You can't do this on the PS4.

I only play online games, which are mostly shooters. So for me Xbox Live holds the most weight over PS+. I think I'm just waiting for more games to come out, my friend has the Destiny beta for the One, and it looks good. The game I'm mostly waiting for is The Division, but that'll be another year.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Destiny looks amazing. I'm pretty excited about that one too. Tho I don't think I fully understand what it is about lol