Wyche: 'They know the player that they're going to select'

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Nah, Snead said it in the video...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

View: http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Rams-Start-Draft-Week-at-LA-Live/83adf38d-2152-4fd5-8404-fd33f19f770c

“There’s only a few things better in life than this phone call,” Fisher said. “These phone calls are going to take place Thursday night, Friday, and Saturday, and it’s a great experience for them. So I do not want to deny our pick that opportunity to experience that.”

I paragraph taken from the above article. Thought it was pretty cool, actually.

Here is how rotoworld reported it.

Jared Goff - QB - Player

The Rams insist they won't inform whom they're taking at No. 1 overall until shortly before the draft.

Even when there's zero competitive advantage to be gained, teams create imaginary reasons not to share information. "We’ll get in touch with the player just before putting the card in," coach Jeff Fisher said. "There’s only a few things better in life than this phone call, these phone calls that are going to take place Thursday, Friday and Saturday. It’s a great opportunity and we don’t want to deny our pick the opportunity to experience that." Nearly every sign suggests it will be Cal's Jared Goff getting the "opportunity to experience that."

What a bunch of arseclowns that make comments on that site.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Teams didn't used to care dookie squat about that under the old CBA... They'd start negotiating the contract ASAP.

Pretty sure that call is more frosting than cake. If we were under the old CBA, we'd have been negotiating with Goff for weeks. At least. No one would be sweating this phone call...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Does anyone really think it's not going to be Goff?

We can and probably will debate this Goff/Wentz thing for years to come, but does anyone seriously doubt that Goff is and has been the pick since February?
Well yeah...

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
You mean the way there's been zero Bradford/Suh debate after Bradford was drafted?

Oh...wait...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You mean the way there's been zero Bradford/Suh debate after Bradford was drafted?

Oh...wait...
People can choose not to initiate or perpetuate those kinds of debates too, ya know.
(I remember the dickheads who started those threads. Board harmony was not their ultimate goal)

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
People can choose not to initiate or perpetuate those kinds of debates too, ya know.
(I remember the dickheads who started those threads. Board harmony was not their ultimate goal)

I realize that. @dieterbrock was saying that there's no debate. That's just not true. This debate's gonna follow them their entire careers.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I realize that. @dieterbrock was saying that there's no debate. That's just not true. This debate's gonna follow them their entire careers.
Or they could both end up being good and there won't be much to talk about.
I don't think Bucs fans are sweating Mariota being a good QB in Tennessee.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ChEjTerUcAANFLY.jpg:large

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Really? You're going there?

What next? I'm not a TRUE Rams fan if I question Fisher?

/smh