Wyche: Rams getting Goff ready

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It happened in the first preseason game didn't it? He could not read the defenses and was getting hit regularly and coughing up turnovers. So yea, his skinny ass could have easily been injured.
No, actually it didn't.
He got rocked and was a choice to not put him back in because it was merely game 1 of pre-season. Fisher himself said that if it were an actual game that Goff would have played thru it, that it was precautionary
No, Wentz is the QB that played poorly, then got hurt and missed the rest of preseason. Cant remember whatever happened to that guy....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It happened in the first preseason game didn't it? He could not read the defenses and was getting hit regularly and coughing up turnovers. So yea, his skinny ass could have easily been injured.

He had a shoulder bruise or something similar. Goff even said that he's played through worse and would have played through it if it was a real game. QBs get nicked up. He didn't suffer an injury in the preseason that would have kept him out of a real game.

So he has performed "held down the fort" as you expected? ;)

Yes. Which is why I've pounded the table for Goff to start from Day 1. I didn't expect good things from Keenum. The Rams must have had higher expectations than I did.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He had a shoulder bruise or something similar. Goff even said that he's played through worse and would have played through it if it was a real game. QBs get nicked up. He didn't suffer an injury in the preseason that would have kept him out of a real game.

Yes. Which is why I've pounded the table for Goff to start from Day 1. I didn't expect good things from Keenum. The Rams must have had higher expectations than I did.
I'm sure they had higher expectations for Keenum and more trepidation over Goff. Too bad Goff didn't do something to put that all to bed.

Ajb44

Rookie
Name
Alex
In all honesty I think goff could have played lights out and case still starts. Fisher is stubborn in his ways. It's never changing imo

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
And during what was perceived as the beginning of a soft spot in the schedule, Keenum has 7 INT in his last 3 games. This is where your term botched it really rings true.
Keenum was supposed to be the guy who protects the ball. And he hasnt
Personally, I think the "Soft Spot" in the schedule is the next 4 games, Not the 1st 7 games! JMHO!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sure they had higher expectations for Keenum and more trepidation over Goff. Too bad Goff didn't do something to put that all to bed.

Not much Goff could do. The Rams didn't prioritize getting him reps. They didn't simplify the offense. They didn't simplify the verbiage. They didn't give him the majority of reps with the starters. These are all things good coaching staffs do to make it easier on a rookie QB. The Rams did none of it. They made no attempt to speed up his transition.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Not much Goff could do. The Rams didn't prioritize getting him reps. They didn't simplify the offense. They didn't simplify the verbiage. They didn't give him the majority of reps with the starters. These are all things good coaching staffs do to make it easier on a rookie QB. The Rams did none of it. They made no attempt to speed up his transition.
I have no idea I wasn't there.

I don't think you dumb down the offense so far it is useless. The NFL defenses would shut it down and then we'd hear people bitching like last year when the offense was so predictable.

I wanted Goff to come in kick the door in and announce his arrival making any of that unnecessary.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Personally, I think the "Soft Spot" in the schedule is the next 4 games, Not the 1st 7 games! JMHO!
I didn't say the first 7 games were the soft spot. Starting with Detroit, we are in the midst of a 7 game soft spot
Detroit and NY Giants D is pretty poor. We torched Detroit but laid an egg against a weak NY team

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't think you dumb down the offense so far it is useless. The NFL defenses would shut it down and then we'd hear people bitching like last year when the offense was so predictable.

I wanted Goff to come in kick the door in and announce his arrival making any of that unnecessary.

Pretty much every NFL teams dumbs down the offense for a rookie QB. We even did it for Bradford. It's standard operating procedure in today's NFL. Fisher is just set in his ways.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Are you saying the cowboys and eagles are running their full offense with dak and wentz?

Cmon man.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Are you saying the cowboys and eagles are running their full offense with dak and wentz?

Cmon man.

I have no idea what they are running. They are not the Rams so I don't watch them unless they are our opponents. Apparently Wentz isn't the savior everyone touted the first couple of games and Dak has had a lot of help. Maybe if we could have a running game like Dallas things would be different on our win/loss record too.

Are you out there Todd Gurley?????

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have no idea what they are running. They are not the Rams so I don't watch them unless they are our opponents. Apparently Wentz isn't the savior everyone touted the first couple of games and Dak has had a lot of help. Maybe if we could have a running game like Dallas things would be different on our win/loss record too.

Both coaches have said they simplified their offense to make it easier for the rookie to adjust and both comments from Pederson and Garrett have been posted here.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ah... the memories... Shurmur and Bradford... dink and dunk... Bradford OROY. Now they're back together again and Goff sits.

Oh well.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You want a running game like Dallas's; you'll have to ask for Dallas's OL. Todd Gurley ain't the problem. He'd be doing just as well as Ezekiel, if not better, in Dallas.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Both coaches have said they simplified their offense to make it easier for the rookie to adjust and both comments from Pederson and Garrett have been posted here.
That's nice.

So you think the Rams coaching staff threw the whole playbook at Goff and would not have dumbed it down if he was starting?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's nice.

So you think the Rams coaching staff threw the whole playbook at Goff and would not have dumbed it down if he was starting?
Fisher has said they never considered doing that it was "not an option" to him.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Fisher has said they never considered doing that it was "not an option" to him.
So that is the one thing Fisher says that we should all believe.

I wouldn't doubt that it is true the offense is limited enough with the piss poor performances they have ut out with the whole offense. Goff needs to step the fuck up and put this crap to bed.