WTF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
El Juggernauto said:
Faceplant said:
El Juggernauto said:
I follow a lot of Rams players on twitter as well as sports journalist. And as I read what our players I just have to shake my head. I can not decipher what the hell these guys are says. The stupor shyt that comes out of these guys mouths (or from their fingers I guess) is sub-English. It's something that makes me question how hard these schools are pushing these kids in college(or how little). Am I the only one this bothers?

I also explained that I use an iPhone to access this site. I'm also a fat man with fat man fingers. If I don't type it exact it takes it upon itself to correct the word. It's far different to misspell a word or use run on sentences that it is to type absolute jibberish. Ironic would have been if I talked about the way they use improper punctuation or spelling. So once again, nope, don't see the irony

What do you think guys are using to access Twitter.

Don't get me wrong I'm not defending the ghetto hip hop language that people pass off as "normal " or "acceptable" because I'm not.....these are grown men who attended college and knowing how to form a complete sentence should come pretty easily.

But it was ironic and frankly funny as fuck that you butchered the language while griping about guys butchering the language.

:ww:

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
LesBaker said:
El Juggernauto said:
Faceplant said:
El Juggernauto said:
I follow a lot of Rams players on twitter as well as sports journalist. And as I read what our players I just have to shake my head. I can not decipher what the hell these guys are says. The stupor shyt that comes out of these guys mouths (or from their fingers I guess) is sub-English. It's something that makes me question how hard these schools are pushing these kids in college(or how little). Am I the only one this bothers?

I also explained that I use an iPhone to access this site. I'm also a fat man with fat man fingers. If I don't type it exact it takes it upon itself to correct the word. It's far different to misspell a word or use run on sentences that it is to type absolute jibberish. Ironic would have been if I talked about the way they use improper punctuation or spelling. So once again, nope, don't see the irony

What do you think guys are using to access Twitter.

Don't get me wrong I'm not defending the ghetto hip hop language that people pass off as "normal " or "acceptable" because I'm not.....these are grown men who attended college and knowing how to form a complete sentence should come pretty easily.

But it was ironic and frankly funny as freak that you butchered the language while griping about guys butchering the language.

:ww:

I feel as if you misunderstand my meaning. I misspelled words, I didn't replace them with made up words. I've never claimed to be a scholar, but I can sure as hell promise that I've never used the words "da, dis, dat, day(referring to they) etc etc" I just don't understand the urban language.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
With that said, typing says instead of saying and stupor instead of stupid, you still knew exactly what I was saying. I read some tweets and I have to attempt to break it down like game tape to figure out what the hell I just read. Lol

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
El Juggernauto said:
With that said, typing says instead of saying and stupor instead of stupid, you still knew exactly what I was saying. I read some tweets and I have to attempt to break it down like game tape to figure out what the hell I just read. Lol

Hope you are not taking my comment too seriously. I was just bustin' balls.....and I can only imagine how frustrating it is to write on an iPhail. :mrgreen:

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Faceplant said:
El Juggernauto said:

Hope you are not taking my comment too seriously. I was just bustin' balls.....and I can only imagine how frustrating it is to write on an iPhail. :mrgreen:

This is the only offensive thing you have said so far. I hate people's hate for the iPhone. I have had a droid, I've had a windows and I've had iPhone. They all have their ups and downs. Windows phone searched the web faster than any other phone I've seen, droid has good phones but the operating system sucks. The iPhone5, I hate that I have to pay for my music. But it has been by far hands down the most reliable phone I've had. But I guess people have their own opinions.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
El Juggernauto said:

I get it and was also just goofin on ya.

I can't stand the ghetto lingo either. Pop culture is what it is. Ad frankly this type of thing won't be going away as long as the culture accepts it and glorifies it and its celebrities indulge in it.

If I ever join Twitter I'm going to send a tweet to a certain rap mogul and ask him when he walks into important business meetings if he says "yo niggas what up imma bust me out a contract up in here yo"

It's sad to see it permeating the lives of so many young people.....it isn't doing anything to help. While most athletes have little to worry about since they are making millions the typical urban kid is doing him or her self no favors by mimicking that shit.

Well this has taken a sort of non football turn so I am out......back to football.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
El Juggernauto said:
Faceplant said:
El Juggernauto said:

This is the only offensive thing you have said so far. I hate people's hate for the iPhone. I have had a droid, I've had a windows and I've had iPhone. They all have their ups and downs. Windows phone searched the web faster than any other phone I've seen, droid has good phones but the operating system sucks. The iPhone5, I hate that I have to pay for my music. But it has been by far hands down the most reliable phone I've had. But I guess people have their own opinions.

I just got a g3 and was pretty close to trying a windows phone. I'm impressed by them but they are still a bit new so I thought I'd stick with a platform I know. But I will be taking a good look at them next time for sure.

I tried an iPhone for two weeks and gave it back. I feel the opposite about operating systems. The android stuff in the last years or more is better than the iPhones. But that's just opinion of course.

The good news is the competition is so fierce in that biz that we consumers are making out nicely. The products are getting better and better all the time.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Ick. If you have owned any android device since ICS dropped, I can't imagine you not seeing it as far superior to iOS. Then again, it is all preference and no one is "wrong".

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
iOS has been consistently falling behind Android for a couple years now. I went from a jailbroken Android to an iPhone 5 and the OS is just much more basic. That's great for some people, but for people who know their way around smartphones, the Android OS is the way to go.

Now, saying that, I still think the iPhone 5 is great for my sisters and parents. The battery is great, I really like the new lightning connector (micro USB sucks after about a year of use), and the phone is smaller than most of the new big Android phones, which is what I wanted.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
FireStallings said:
Try following Chris Johnson on twitter.

Its even harder to understand him in person. lol

He went to.the same HS my boys currently attend. Chris visits a bunch and talks to the football teams. My sons still aren't sure what the hell he's told them after all the visits they've had.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Selassie I said:
FireStallings said:

He went to.the same HS my boys currently attend. Chris visits a bunch and talks to the football teams. My sons still aren't sure what the hell he's told them after all the visits they've had.

This made my day. He shakes his head an awful lot. Does he happen to have a tick of some kind?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I don't know that using shorthand text (like WTF) is much different than using "dat" instead of that. Just saying...

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Sum1BTRthnU said:
I don't know that using shorthand text (like WTF) is much different than using "dat" instead of that. Just saying...

Wtf is an acronym not shorthand or a made up word

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Sum1BTRthnU said:

Wtf is an acronym while dat instead of that just showa ignorance and laziness. Im with jug on this on misspelling and typos happen, but to use words like dat instead of that really what are you saving 1 character. The techno world has just made a bunch of lazy typers in my opinion.

El Juggernauto said:
Selassie I said:
FireStallings said:

This made my day. He shakes his head an awful lot. Does he happen to have a tick of some kind?

Yeah he has a nervous tick, he can't help that

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
FireStallings said:
El Juggernauto said:
Selassie I said:
FireStallings said:

Yeah he has a nervous tick, he can't help that

I'm not aware of him having a nervous tick. And just to clarify,,, I certainly wasn't referring to this "tick" when I said that he is harder to understand in person.

Dude sounds like he has a mouth full of marbles when I've tried to listen to him, and I've been around him in person a handful of different times.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Rabid Ram said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

Wtf is an acronym while dat instead of that just showa ignorance and laziness. Im with jug on this on misspelling and typos happen, but to use words like dat instead of that really what are you saving 1 character. The techno world has just made a bunch of lazy typers in my opinion.

I understand that it's an acronym...but it's also an acronym that was popularized by texting and other messaging. It is shorter, so wouldn't that also be characterized as lazy?

I don't know...I think people that use words wrong or use the wrong word all together is more annoying than those that type phonetically to the way they speak. Using a word like "dat" isn't any different than using a word like "gonna" really. (but I'd be lying to you if I said I didn't roll my eyes at it... :lol: ...)

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Wat yo problem guyz? Iz juzt txt tlk.

like OMGZ LOLZ

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Sum1BTRthnU said:
Rabid Ram said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

I understand that it's an acronym...but it's also an acronym that was popularized by texting and other messaging. It is shorter, so wouldn't that also be characterized as lazy?

I don't know...I think people that use words wrong or use the wrong word all together is more annoying than those that type phonetically to the way they speak. Using a word like "dat" isn't any different than using a word like "gonna" really. (but I'd be lying to you if I said I didn't roll my eyes at it... :lol: ...)

Im not disagreeing with you wtf is just as lazy, but atleast it has context to English speech rules where as dis dat or iz just makes no sense to me at all guess im just to old lol