WTF: NFLN Reporting may be SJ's last game???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...kson-hints-he-could-retire-from-nfl-at-age-29

Rams running back Steven Jackson will have the option to test the free-agent market after the season, but his mind drifted beyond football Thursday. The nine-year veteran told The Associated Press he might choose to retire. Jackson said this with a smile, but he didn't entirely dismiss the thought when pressed on it.

"If I have to write my story," Jackson said, "I'd rather go out like Barry Sanders and leaving people to want more than to leave too late.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
He has made similar statements in the past. I dont really think it's a serious consideration tho.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
interference said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...kson-hints-he-could-retire-from-nfl-at-age-29

Rams running back Steven Jackson will have the option to test the free-agent market after the season, but his mind drifted beyond football Thursday. The nine-year veteran told The Associated Press he might choose to retire. Jackson said this with a smile, but he didn't entirely dismiss the thought when pressed on it.

"If I have to write my story," Jackson said, "I'd rather go out like Barry Sanders and leaving people to want more than to leave too late.
2 thoughts on this ... this situation is nothing like Barry Sanders'. The Lions weren't going anywhere with Sanders; they certainly didn't go anywhere without him. The Rams are going places with or without SJ, even though everyone concerned wants him back.

As for the other, SJ has unfinished business. That is, the playoffs. The Rams have a bunch more to offer SJ than the Lions ever had to offer Sanders.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ram Quixote said:
interference said:

2 thoughts on this ... this situation is nothing like Barry Sanders'. The Lions weren't going anywhere with Sanders; they certainly didn't go anywhere without him. The Rams are going places with or without SJ, even though everyone concerned wants him back.

As for the other, SJ has unfinished business. That is, the playoffs. The Rams have a bunch more to offer SJ than the Lions ever had to offer Sanders.
Yeah, he knows that. He's just saying that he'd (allegedly) rather leave and have people wondering how much more he could have done, than to stay around too long and remove all doubt.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
iBruce said:
He's just joshing around.

dabff218d44bcbcbd5fde8907fdb6856.jpg

"I was just foolin' about."

DocHoliday-1.png

"I wasn't."

All roads lead to Tombstone. :sly:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Watch and enjoy........

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGpajGj07BU[/youtube]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Val Kilmer was the star of that film. If anybody else plays that role, that whole movie sucks.

Well, not really. But you get my point.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Anywhooo. Back on topic. Here's the interview in which he says that line. Right at the end.

[stl]10744a7d-e19e-46a6-8bea-25f9b490d020[/stl]

Not quite sure what he means by "there's a small window of opportunity" though.

Speeps

Starter
SJ39 was clearly joking. It's funny how he can get on NFLN for that comment, but when he becomes the 27th player in history to rush for 10,000 yards he can't even get a shout out. Media at it's finest.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Here's a question to ponder...would you rather he retire or play elsewhere?

Selfishly, I'd almost assume he just retire.

I hate seeing players I've cheered for many years go away to other teams. Of course I'd wish him the best if he was with another team, but it would still hurt a little.

nittany ram

Rookie
X said:
Val Kilmer was the star of that film. If anybody else plays that role, that whole movie sucks.

You're mine and everyone else's Huckleberry around here, X.

In case you were wonderin'...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
nittany ram said:
X said:

You're mine and everyone else's Huckleberry around here, X.

In case you were wonderin'...
Is it my lean silhouette? Eyes closed by the sun, though sharp as a hawk.
The fact that I've got the look of both predator and prey?

2Zvu7.jpg

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
It's funny how people want to read so much and so many different things into something someone says.
Cracks me up sometimes.
SJ39 will be here next year and maybe a few more.

GO RAMS!!!!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I take the man at his word.
When John Elway retired after winning 2 successive Super Bowls and having the opportunity to threepeat, I was disappointed , surprised, and mistified.
As it turns out he did not want to return because he was physicaly unable to perform any longer at the level he expected of himself. It was a back issue.
A few times week before last when AP broke free and went all the SJ watched,then when he broke free he would get 10 yards. IMO that was a reality check for a proud warrior. He couldn't help but see the difference and KNOW that in days gone by it would have been him running wild. IMO he had a wake up call about his mortality in that game.
I hope he comes back, but I understand all too well the desire to not be reminded that your body won't do it at the level you expect anymore.
I respect this guy more every day, I hope we can keep him with us until he gets a ring and secures a spot in the HOF, he deserves both.
In descending order the best of Tombstone
Dana Delaney
Val Kilmer
Sam Elliot
Powers Booth
Kurt Russell
Billy Bob Thornton

Kilmer is the best actor out there , but ya know ,I have this weakness for frilly women