WTF: Gronkowski celebrating post game night?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni2JOQNAzig[/youtube]

Around the League

Gronkowski saved his best moves for the dance floor

By Adam Rank NFL.com
Writer
Published: Feb. 7, 2012 at 04:46 p.m.
Updated: Feb. 7, 2012 at 05:11 p.m.

Print

Moments after the Giants captured Super Bowl XLVI, legions of morose Patriots fans filed out of Lucas Oil Stadium, unable to bring themselves to watch New Yorkers celebrate.

And as a fan, you just hope the guys on your team feel as awful as you do. Wes Welker certainly did, as he felt he let his team down because he couldn't make a circus catch on a poorly thrown ball. (No matter what Gisele said about it.)

But Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski and offensive lineman Matt Light? Yes, let's just say they took it rather well. The duo were caught on video (via Barstool Sports) dancing and celebrating … well, celebrating what, is not clear. But if you watch the video, Gronkowski is moving rather well for a guy whose high ankle sprain was the biggest non-Peyton Manning story of Super Bowl week.

In fact, Gronkowski looked much better than he looked when he tried to defend Giants linebacker Chase Blackburn as he made a critical interception.

Seriously, if I hadn't watched the game and only saw Gronkowski in the postgame video, I would have believed he made this catch on the final play of the game. (Spoiler alert: He didn't. And the Patriots lost.)

I can't wait until video surfaces of Gronkowski gleefully eating those Butterfinger bars shipped to Copley Square in an attempt to mock Welker. Maybe I'm overreacting here, but I'd hate to think one of the guys on my team was cutting it up after a disappointing loss

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... ance-floor

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
oh, and someone sent the Patriot Widereceivers some "candy" - 900 pounds of Butterfingers (8,000 bars)

butterfingers_120207_IA.jpg

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... terfingers

They say revenge is a dish best served cold ... or as an orange-flaky caramel crisp dipped in chocolate. Like a Butterfinger bar.

On Tuesday, 900 pounds of Butterfingers (8,000 bars) were delivered to Copley Square in Boston -- no doubt mocking Wes Welker's critical drop late in the fourth quarter of Super Bowl XLVI.

And really Gisele, you know how many starving children you could have fed with the amount of money you spent on this prank? This was a touch uncalled for. Oh wait, it wasn't Gisele at all. Though, she might have had thought of it first considering her comments after the Super Bowl.

Instead, it was a gift from Denver-based online pawn shop Pawngo.

"We at Pawngo thought Boston fans deserved a little something in return for their heartbreaking loss in the form of a great candy!" Pawngo CEO Todd Hillis told NFL.com "Sometimes there is a light side to sports and we thought Boston fans might at least get a laugh out of it. We have the utmost respect for Wes Welker and the Patriots team."

Many around the country would likely welcome any suffering aimed at Patriots fans. But come on, don't you think Welker feels bad enough already?

"We had an opportunity. The ball is right there," Welker explained after the game. "I just have to make the play. It's a play I've made 1,000 times. Then, in the biggest moment of my life, I don't come up with it. It's discouraging."

"It hit me right in the hands," he added. "It's a play I never drop, I always make. In the most critical situation, I let the team down."

What would be Boston's return volley here? Erecting a movie screen in downtown Denver to show a replay of the Patriots' beatdown of the Broncos in the playoffs? Dropping Curt Schilling into town to talk about the 2007 World Series? Perhaps letting Denver know Tim Tebow will be their quarterback next season?