WR's tearing ACL's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
Danario Alexander is the newest victim. I feel bad for him man...
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/364887207372259328[/tweet]

Alot of WR's tearing their ACL's in training amp... it's making me nervous.
Arrelious Benn and DX did today.. but before this, Maclin and a few others have gone through it.

What do you guys think is going on?

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I think DX was a walkng time bomb. Just a matter of time before he went down.

Otherwise, it's the luck of the draw. You never know when your luck will turn.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm surprised to hear DX has anything in either knee at all.

I'm sad for that kid he deserved better.

Memphis Ram

Legend
A55VA6 said:
Danario Alexander is the newest victim.

Arrelious Benn and DX did today.. but before this, Maclin and a few others have gone through it.

Guys who have had a history of knee injuries are suffering the same injury over and over again.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Yeah DX has had knee issues for years. It's a shame for him, i really hoped he would do well but his knees were always the thing holding him back. The primary reason we cut him afterall...

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
A55VA6 said:

With DX, I just think the guy is made of glass. I feel bad for him.

The others, hard to tell.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
max said:

As much as I am rooting for him, this was my thought when hearing this news.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
CGI_Ram said:
max said:

As much as I am rooting for him, this was my thought when hearing this news.

Ditto. I was sorry to see him go but completely understood the position taken by the team. I Was till keeping an eye on him and hoping he did well. This could spell the end for him now.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I never rooted against the kid, in fact I was quite a fan of his when he was healthy, but we always knew his issue was health. Already had 4 knee surgeries & this will be the 5th. That's why I never questioned Fish & Co. for cutting him last offseason; how can you let a fringe player who already has an injury history and has missed all but one offseason practice make the team when you aren't even sure when he'll be healthy?

I wish DX a speedy recovery and success in whatever he chooses to do, football or not, in the future.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
bluecoconuts said:
Sucks for DX, that could very well be his career.
I don't know if quit is in him.

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I say try one more time.. but if he blows his knee again, he's going to have to call it a career.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
A55VA6 said:
I say try one more time.. but if he blows his knee again, he's going to have to call it a career.

He's young enough and probably should give it another go.

What a shame his knees are letting him down physically. Dude could be a star otherwise.

TexRamFan

Rookie
A55VA6 said:

Unfortunatley genetics have a ton to do with ligament tears such as these. Some people have ligaments that are more prone to tearing. You combine that with an explosive athlete (DX for example) it is like driving a racecar on bike tires. Sooner or later something is going to give because the sheer force they are producing is way too much for the support system.

I also wonder if the new CBA rules for less practice time is forcing more work (on the body) in less amounts of time. I wonder if coaches are going from drill to drill hoping to get in enough work. This may lead to more cuts, more stop and go's, more change of direction, etc. for WR's. This is pure speculation since I have not been to a practice.

I would like to know if these knee injuries are contact or non-contact. I would think Bulaga's would be contact, but not for sure.

I remember after the strike ended tons of guys were tearing their achilles. It seems like a different injury theme every year.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Feel bad for DX and J-Mac. They were two of my favorites to watch at Mizzou. This year has not been kind to former Mizzou players thus far (Sean Weatherspoon dislocated one of his fingers).

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I think he should quit now while there's still a chance of him being able to walk without a walker when he's in his forties. If it's not too late already.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
albefree69 said:
I think he should quit now while there's still a chance of him being able to walk without a walker when he's in his forties. If it's not too late already.

Exactly right...

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I'm with you, Albe. Already had mutiple repairs on both knees.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Guys with multiple ACL injuries can come back all the time , it is a regular occurrence in Australian Rules Football , many players do their ACL early on in their careers and get it right , get stronger in the core and quads and glutes and go on and play many games .

Such a shame for DX and in the cut throat business that is NFL he may well struggle to get back.

Is that three ACL's for the chargers in three months ?? ... sheesh .