WRs snap count percentage

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Pettis got 82% percent of the snaps from scrimmage. That's 55 snaps, as many as Givens. Quick only got 19 snaps. WTF????

Fisher said that Quick got about half the snaps. That's total BS.

13-C.Givens 82%

18-A.Pettis 82%

11-T.Austin 61%

83-B.Quick 28%

12-S.Bailey 0%

CoachO

Hall of Fame
If I may ask, where did you find these numbers?

Not saying they aren't accurate, but I honestly felt Quick was on the field a whole lot more than this. I was at the game, and I really try to notice who is in the game. And I have some question as to Quick only being out there for 19 plays.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CoachO said:

Not saying they aren't accurate, but I honestly felt Quick was on the filed a whole lot more than this. I was at the game, and I really try to notice who is in the game. And I have some question as to Quick only being out there for 19 plays.

I got them from Football Outsiders. Here you go.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts</a>

CoachO

Hall of Fame
max said:
CoachO said:

Not saying they aren't accurate, but I honestly felt Quick was on the filed a whole lot more than this. I was at the game, and I really try to notice who is in the game. And I have some question as to Quick only being out there for 19 plays.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts</a>

Thanks!

Love this page,, thanks,, some very interesting numbers when you look a the whole thing. Especially who is getting all the Special Team snaps.

fearsomefour

Legend
Quick obviously hasnt earned the time.
Im sure the coaches see the potential. But, be it drops, not knowing the plays well enough, not running precise enough routes or not being able to make adjustments at the line....whatever the reason, Quick has not earned the time.

I am sure as the season goes on Quick will see more passes coming his way. Fisher acknowledged when he was drafted he was a super talented raw player....in other words, a project. Patience.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
It's pretty obvious that those who predicted that Stedman would replace Pettis by the middle of the season are in for a rude awakening.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
albefree69 said:
It's pretty obvious that those who predicted that Stedman would replace Pettis by the middle of the season are in for a rude awakening.

While you are absolutely correct. I know for many of those, including me, there was some wishful thinking involved because of the desire to see Pettis on the bench.

I said last year that the WR position would take a step up as soon as Gibson was gone. Now I feel that the WR will take another step up when Pettis is replaced. It could be Quick or Bailey, I really don't care. Either guy has more talent than Pettis.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
CoachO said:
max said:
CoachO said:

Thanks!

Love this page,, thanks,, some very interesting numbers when you look a the whole thing. Especially who is getting all the Special Team snaps.

You're most welcome. I appreciate your insight.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
max said:
albefree69 said:

While you are absolutely correct. I know for many of those, including me, there was some wishful thinking involved because of the desire to see Pettis on the bench.

I said last year that the WR position would take a step up as soon as Gibson was gone. Now I feel that the WR will take another step up when Pettis is replaced. It could be Quick or Bailey, I really don't care. Either guy has more talent than Pettis.

I think this is a classic case of Fisher and Ray Sherman just having more faith in a veteran to understand the nuances of the position. In similar fashion to last year with Brandon Gibson, he was first up, and stayed there until someone came along who took the job away. The relationship and comfort level between these guys and Bradford cannot be overlooked.

I am fairly comfortable saying, that in time, Quick will get his fair share of snaps, and we will see him in many more "packages" as the season progresses.

As to S. Bailey, he will continue to contribute on Special Teams, and be there in the event they need that added depth. For now, he is the 5th WR, backing up Givens. But IMO, if Givens were to go down, you would see Pettis slide into the "X" role, and Quick they "Z".

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
CoachO said:
max said:
albefree69 said:

I think this is a classic case of Fisher and Ray Sherman just having more faith in a veteran to understand the nuances of the position. In similar fashion to last year with Brandon Gibson, he was first up, and stayed there until someone came along who took the job away. The relationship and comfort level between these guys and Bradford cannot be overlooked.

I am fairly comfortable saying, that in time, Quick will get his fair share of snaps, and we will see him in many more "packages" as the season progresses.

As to S. Bailey, he will continue to contribute on Special Teams, and be there in the event they need that added depth. For now, he is the 5th WR, backing up Givens. But IMO, if Givens were to go down, you would see Pettis slide into the "X" role, and Quick they "Z".

Sure. That's been understood in a lot of the discussions this year. Pettis knows the playbook, Quick doesn't as much. No doubt.

Still, they are limited with Pettis out there in terms of offensive threats. When he is out there the DBs have one less guy to concern themselves with. Heck, they could put a LB on him.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
Still worrisome that Pettis is starting and getting this amount of time. Hope someone DESERVING unseats him soon.