Writers Can Be Insufferable Blowhards! VENT THREAD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So unlike myself:eyeroll::eyeroll::eyeroll:
In everyone's profession, there are posers. I sure hope I am not one of those. It drives me crazy when others who have submitted story after story for years without winning much, act paternalistic toward fellow authors/competitors. Winning this contest could be a steppingstone towards greater visibility and connections. The Five Grand could also help me make a great mancave in the future!

It's been my goal since before I went to my first class at University to "pass" as an educated person with the letters after my name for credibility sake. After all the heartache in earning those degrees, I want a publisher...a real honest to God publisher to say "we want to print your book."

That's my dream, so screw the blowhards! I have no time for them.

VENT about Blowhards in your chosen profession!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
HAH. Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, and Anna Todd - among many, many others - have completely ruined the young adult romance genre. Meyer has lashed out against people who critique the Twilight series for promoting abusive relationships. Cassandra Clare is a known plagiarist and will use her lawyers on people who mention it (and in all honesty, her books suck as well). Anne Rice refused to let people write fanfiction about her work and later wrote stories based on the Bible (i.e., fanfiction).

Yeah, the writing profession is absolutely full of blowhards, hypocrites, and all-around shitty writers and people. I’m hoping not to be one of them.

Last edited:

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m in the aerospace industry and auditors are out of control. It seems they believe no one is smarter than Forest Gump and everything has to be reduced to the meanest understanding. I work 3 days a week now on the the off shift, so I’m often times presented with a fait accompli and can’t tell them to stuff it sideways where the sun don’t shine.
Outsiders back in the day (30 years ago) would have been told to pound sand by management. For example, Boeing wanted access to our educational records and our manager told them it wasn’t going to happen.
Vent over.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’m in the aerospace industry and auditors are out of control. It seems they believe no one is smarter than Forest Gump and everything has to be reduced to the meanest understanding. I work 3 days a week now on the the off shift, so I’m often times presented with a fait accompli and can’t tell them to stuff it sideways where the sun don’t shine.
Outsiders back in the day (30 years ago) would have been told to pound sand by management. For example, Boeing wanted access to our educational records and our manager told them it wasn’t going to happen.
Vent over.
“What the freak is fait acompli? That sounds French! We don’t allow such language around here, dammit!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What triggers me are the safety pukes. In aviation these are the assholes who make us design everything we do to the lowest common denominator. The saying is the aviation rules are written in blood and it's true. But some of these guys honestly ...

Now granted we sort of earn this because we put our biggest fuckups in safety, since we can't spare our best for those jobs. They then go on to create nonsense for us to deal with. Good example of this would be a stand we use for aircraft maintenance. Some asshole walks backwards off one (where the ladder is) and deselects himself and next thing we know there's a mod coming down the pike with a fucking door intended to prevent idiots from walking backwards off of the stand. Completely unnecessary and they're poorly designed so they break and we end up with fewer stands for use because, hell, such a thing is sooooo important. Nevermind that I've used that stand for 30 years with never even so much as a sniff of a problem.

Infuriating.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What triggers me are the safety pukes. In aviation these are the assholes who make us design everything we do to the lowest common denominator. The saying is the aviation rules are written in blood and it's true. But some of these guys honestly ...

Now granted we sort of earn this because we put our biggest fuckups in safety, since we can't spare our best for those jobs. They then go on to create nonsense for us to deal with. Good example of this would be a stand we use for aircraft maintenance. Some asshole walks backwards off one (where the ladder is) and deselects himself and next thing we know there's a mod coming down the pike with a fucking door intended to prevent idiots from walking backwards off of the stand. Completely unnecessary and they're poorly designed so they break and we end up with fewer stands for use because, hell, such a thing is sooooo important. Nevermind that I've used that stand for 30 years with never even so much as a sniff of a problem.

Infuriating.
Airdales....smh ~ @blackbart