WR Sidney Rice resigns with Seattle

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Not sure if this was posted yet. I'd be interested to see the terms of this contract, Surely it's a one year deal.? I would think the Shecocks would have to be looking at a WR in the early rounds of this draft. Going with Rice and Harvin again is dubious at best. They signed Taylor Price in FA who has 5 career receptions.

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/5539/rice-signs-with-seattle-after-visiting-jets

In what has to be the most unusual situation this year as far as a player signing goes for the Seattle Seahawks, wide receiver Sidney Rice visited the New York Jets on Wednesday, but later signed a one-year deal to return to Seattle.

Terms haven’t been announced, but the Seahawks obviously wanted Rice back bad enough to outbid the Jets.

Rice sent out this tweet Wednesday night:

It appeared the Seahawks' chances of re-signing Rice were in jeopardy when he visited the Jets. But apparently Rice already had an offer from Seattle and simply was testing the waters.

Rice had a connection in the Jets organization with general manager John Idzik, who spent six years in Seattle as the vice president of football operations before taking the GM job with the Jets in January 2013.

But Seattle was able to work out a deal for Rice to return for 2014. He was released by the Seahawks on Feb. 28 for salary-cap reasons; he would have counted $7.3 million against the cap.

Rice missed the second half of the 2013 season after tearing an ACL in a game at St. Louis, but was given clearance by his doctor to begin running and cutting drills on Monday.

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll has said all along they were interested in bringing Rice back if the price was right. By re-signing the 6-foot-4 Rice, it could mean the Seahawks go in another direction with their early picks in the NFL draft next month -- possibly selecting an offensive lineman or defensive end.

Seattle brought in Indiana receiver Cody Latimer on Tuesday. Latimer has zoomed up the draft boards in the recent weeks and is seen as a late first-round or early second-round pick.

Rice, 27, caught 15 passes and scored three touchdowns before his injury last season. He caught 50 passes for 748 yards and seven touchdowns in 2012.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm glad they could resign their biggest bust FA signing since before Percy Harvin.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah and Harvin already has soreness in his knee...or is it just another headache?

I hate rooting against harvin cause ive always liked him. Than again, fuck it hes with the enemy now