WR - Quinton Patton - La.Tech. Univ.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htOC2hKV7iM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SoSrRGKIp0[/youtube]

The Rams certainly seem to be spending a lot of time on him. Spent time with him at the Sr. bowl, word that the full contingent of Rams coaches and brass going for a private work out (ala Quick) and T reported that he was at Rams Park this week for a visit.

Patton is very similar to Givens in traits. Very productive at La.Tech. and is a "technician" on his routes. Very good "quick twitch" movements at the LOS to beat the jam. Is a willing blocker, but needs a little work. Don't be surpised if Rams look at him at #46 .... or possibly 22. I see him right at the top of the "next guys" (Patton, Woods, Hunter, Wheaton) in this draft. Ran a 4.42 at his pro day.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
The Rams have spent a lot of time scouting him, including having position coaches work him out. He very well could be a Ram after the draft. However, the Rams are kind of telegraphing it at this point, so someone who might want him may jump in front of the Rams to take him.

You know who he kind of reminds me of (in his ability to adjust to balls and make sure he catches them) is Danny A. He reminded me of another Danny A (and that's a good thing).

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
But he is also bigger and faster. He projects to the outside better than DA.

Playmaker

brokeu91 said:
The Rams have spent a lot of time scouting him, including having position coaches work him out. He very well could be a Ram after the draft. However, the Rams are kind of telegraphing it at this point, so someone who might want him may jump in front of the Rams to take him.

You know who he kind of reminds me of (in his ability to adjust to balls and make sure he catches them) is Danny A. He reminded me of another Danny A (and that's a good thing).

He reminds me of Reggie Wayne

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
brokeu91 said:

Yes, they do seem to be telegraphing it. That is why I said not to be surprised if it is at 22. Remember last yr.... opening up day 2 with Brian Quick? Was much earlier than many expected him to go. But he was THEIR man ... and they knew other teams were onto him as well.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Playmaker said:
brokeu91 said:

Eggsactly. I'm not going to complain at all if they take him @ #22. He is not a project.... which I love.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/OptimumScouting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/OptimumScouting</a>

This was from Eric Galko at Optimus scouting on Patton:

[tweet]320576067582697472[/tweet]

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Playmaker said:
brokeu91 said:

Fair enough...I was just discussing it in terms of his ability to adjust to the ball and make the catch.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
brokeu91 said:
Playmaker said:
brokeu91 said:

Fair enough...I was just discussing it in terms of his ability to adjust to the ball and make the catch.

Oh ... I agree whole heartedly. I only mentioned his measurable's that he would be a DA+. He has out standing balance and footwork. Tracks the ball very well and great hands. I live in NorCal ... so I got to see him quite a few times, as we get a lot of WAC and MWC games here. Always liked what I saw, but as word got out of the Rams interest, I decided to look closer.... and I must say ... I really REALLY like him for us. I have seen two comparisons from ppl on him ... Reggie Wayne and Greg Jennings. Those are the kind of WR's you build with and win with.