WR Larry Fitzgerald will play for the Cardinals in 2017

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/19/larry-fitzgerald-hints-at-playing-elsewhere-in-2017/

Larry Fitzgerald hints at playing elsewhere in 2017
Posted by Mike Florio on December 19, 2016

630211010-e1482203100578.jpg
Getty Images

When Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald signed a one-year extension with the team, it was sold by some in the media as a conclusive indication that Fitzgerald will spend at least two more years with the Cardinals. And it now sounds as if Fitzgerald has only two more games with the Cardinals.

Appearing on Westwood One with Jim Gray, Fitzgerald, who will be 34 next August, seemed to create the impression that he’ll play in 2017 — if he’s playing for a contender.

“No, I wouldn’t say that I’m contemplating [retirement] right now,” Fitzgerald told Gray. “But I’m uncertain what I’m going to do moving forward. But I still love the game, I love the competition. I love being around the guys and competing for a championship. That’s a lot of fun to me, and that’s kind of where I’m at right now.”

Where’s he’s at right now is with a team that isn’t competing, and that may be replacing quarterback Carson Palmer in 2017. It seems that Fitzgerald still wants to play if playing means winning. The real question is whether he thinks winning will happen in Arizona.

Fitzgerald’s father, a Minnesota sports writer, has said that Larry, a ball boy for the Vikings as a youth, always wanted to be a Viking because he is a Viking.” Despite a 2-7 slide since starting 5-0, the Vikings could be contender if/when quarterback Teddy Bridgewater and if/when the offensive manages to periodically block someone.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
I think he will go ring chasing. Hes a humble guy who I could see taking a pay cut to go to SEA , NE, GB, or another winning team with a elite QB. Hes a class act and deserves a ring I just hope its not with NE or SEA lol.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Brady to Fitzgerald would hurt me. I mean, like emotionally. And that fact makes me question other things, so no, please follow your dream and be a viking.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I hope he goes to GB, w/ Nelson on the other side, wow!!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Fitz doesn't have much left IMO. No way I'd be that team who pays his retirement cushion.

I want Alshon Jefferey as our premier FA. If we strike out on him then a guy like Pryor, a guy who loves the game and busts his behind to be the best, someone with a low chance to tank with a big paycheck.

That and OL man. If I'm GM, those are the two areas I pursue hard in FA. Then I draft some DBs and a Center.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I think he will go ring chasing. Hes a humble guy who I could see taking a pay cut to go to SEA , NE, GB, or another winning team with a elite QB. Hes a class act and deserves a ring I just hope its not with NE or SEA lol.
Completely agree.
He should get his ring in LA

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...tzgerald-returning-to-the-cardinals-for-2017/

Reports: Larry Fitzgerald returning to the Cardinals for 2017
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on February 1, 2017

630211010-e1482203100578.jpg
Getty Images

Larry Fitzgerald isn’t calling it a career just yet.

Fitzgerald told Jim Trotter of ESPN.com and confirmed with multiple reporters that he will return to the Arizona Cardinals for the 2017 season, which is the final year of his contract with the team.

Fitzgerald indicated on Tuesday that he had made a decision regarding his future but was not yet willing to disclose what those plans would be. A day later, he decided to let the cat out of the bag.

The Cardinals will now only have to wait on a firm decision from quarterback Carson Palmer as well. Palmer hasn’t stated for certain whether he will play or not but has expressed a desire to if his body responds well to the time off.

Next season will be Fitzgerald’s 14th year in the NFL. He’s missed just six games in 13 years and has been one of the most productive receivers the league has seen. He ranks ninth all-time with 14,389 receiving yards. He becomes the active leader in career receiving yards following the retirement of Steve Smith Sr., who ranks seventh with 14,731. He also ranks eighth all-time with 104 receiving touchdowns.

WvuIN02

Starter
I could see him in Pittsburgh next year where he went to college and loved it there. Bryant might not even be on the roster next year or will likely do something stupid and have his career ended. That team desperately needs something other than AB.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
When Fitz is gone the Cards will have No Offence!!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Larry is a legend. Not many players with that combination of skill and class and self-sacrifice. He is my favorite non-Ram.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Larry is a legend. Not many players with that combination of skill and class and self-sacrifice. He is my favorite non-Ram.

He's among my favourite non Rams too.

Great player and seems to be an equally good guy.