WR Formations and Depth Chart

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I like that although I think you have 1-2 of Austin/Britt/Quick in the "power" formations for their blocking and size.

I think you'll see some formations like offset-I with Quick/Britt out right, then Harkey tight to the LT and Cook right next to him (double TE left), Harkey lined up as the offset FB and Stacy behind them all running with evil and hatred in his heart.
I watch a lot of games with Beer goggles & can not record them.I swear I've seen 3 TE(Harkey,kL,&Cook together)sets.

I think the Rams have a lot of talent.The thing I'm watching this year is Britt & Robinson vs Sammy Watkins & Chris Williams.
My thinking is Britt has more protection to make plays,than Watkins.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I watch a lot of games with Beer goggles & can not record them.I swear I've seen 3 TE(Harkey,kL,&Cook together)sets.

I think the Rams have a lot of talent.The thing I'm watching this year is Britt & Robinson vs Sammy Watkins & Chris Williams.
My thinking is Britt has more protection to make plays,than Watkins.
There isn't a single Rams fan who wanted Watkins who wanted to stand pat at LG. False dilemma.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
There isn't a single Rams fan who wanted Watkins who wanted to stand pat at LG. False dilemma.

Then what was it ? I don't know many fans that I saw that had total doubt about Britt being able to be a #1(starter).
I saw a lot of about 50/50 vs Robinson.Either way though what will be the difference ??
Chris Williams was a joke.I have been one that says Robinson should learn both LT & LG. It shows The Rams are taking there time with Robinson.I'm sure some of the reason he is kicking himself is because he can't handle more than LG.
The thing I have seen over the YEARS that LG has been a major weakness & watching Hutchinson & LG (fSu bull dog) in NE how much the position means.
Watch Tuck move inside to DT with a pick 6,still makes me sick.Dallas last year was a joke & expect Bradford to anything with the pressure.
A bad pick because Robinson is playing LG as a #2 pick suits me fine.Could have to All/pros a guard. ***Now is that a false dilemma ?
Never said Stand Pat at LG,but what did Britt cost The Rams vs C. Williams.Then change the position of picks(Robinson & Watkins).Bills did want to pay extra(pick)just to solidify Watkins.
There are a lot of other things in draft picks I never see anyone else bring up.I'll keep bringing to the table.
I'm not saying Kiko vs Tavon & the Niners getting Johnson(Boldin)on the cheap.I do wish The Rams did not trade (2nd)up,but respect the fact the Rams liked him that much. I hope T. Austin does well.

Any Ram fan that thought the Rams needed a WR,can't see reality, IMO. Once Britt was signed.Even with the video & Bailey getting suspended.Rams have a lot of young talent.Solidifying the offensive line has been key.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Then what was it ? I don't know many fans that I saw that had total doubt about Britt being able to be a #1(starter).
I saw a lot of about 50/50 vs Robinson.Either way though what will be the difference ??
Chris Williams was a joke.I have been one that says Robinson should learn both LT & LG. It shows The Rams are taking there time with Robinson.I'm sure some of the reason he is kicking himself is because he can't handle more than LG.
The thing I have seen over the YEARS that LG has been a major weakness & watching Hutchinson & LG (fSu bull dog) in NE how much the position means.
Watch Tuck move inside to DT with a pick 6,still makes me sick.Dallas last year was a joke & expect Bradford to anything with the pressure.
A bad pick because Robinson is playing LG as a #2 pick suits me fine.Could have to All/pros a guard. ***Now is that a false dilemma ?
Never said Stand Pat at LG,but what did Britt cost The Rams vs C. Williams.Then change the position of picks(Robinson & Watkins).Bills did want to pay extra(pick)just to solidify Watkins.
There are a lot of other things in draft picks I never see anyone else bring up.I'll keep bringing to the table.
I'm not saying Kiko vs Tavon & the Niners getting Johnson(Boldin)on the cheap.I do wish The Rams did not trade (2nd)up,but respect the fact the Rams liked him that much. I hope T. Austin does well.

Any Ram fan that thought the Rams needed a WR,can't see reality, IMO. Once Britt was signed.Even with the video & Bailey getting suspended.Rams have a lot of young talent.Solidifying the offensive line has been key.
Well, first off, I'm sorry you feel compelled to assume that anyone who disagrees with you can't see reality. Omniscience is a hard burden, and you have my pity with that.

Second off, pretty much everyone who wanted Watkins said that the Rams needed to address LG, and sooner rather than later. Now, it's a legitimate question of where they would do so and who they'd give up in order to do so. But no one would have been happy for it to go unaddressed so Sammy Watkins & Chris Williams is a nonsense comparison.

Third, I've been hearing great things about Britt and Quick lately. That's good. I want them to live up to the hype, and if they do, Fisher's going to look like a genius. But they haven't proven a thing on the field yet. That #1 WR who can raise the whole corps from good to great (because the rest of them won't have the best members of the opposing secondary covering them anymore) may end up still being a need next year. Yeah, protection should be better (barring massive 2011-esque injury), but if the Rams ever find themselves behind, they're going to need people who can catch the ball reliably. We've got the QB, but the best QB in the world can't prevent the drop issues we had early last year.

Fourth, even before the draft, I and most of those who wanted Watkins were saying that Robinson wasn't a BAD pick, just not the direction they preferred to go. At the times, at least some in the Robinson camp were saying Watkins wouldn't have been a bad pick either. Sure, there are some insisting that the Rams will regret the Robinson pick forever and the sky is falling... but that's a small minority.

Lastly, I really can't figure out why some from the Robinson crowd rather than being happy because they got their guy seek to rub it in the face of those who preferred to go a different direction. The draft is over. We should all be back on the same page again. Those who wanted Watkins aren't the ones bringing him up anymore. Let it go.

TShram03

UDFA
I like Tavon on the perimeter opposite one of the "beasts" (Quick/Britt) as much as possible.

That, of course, is assuming the beasts are playing solid, consistent, healthy football. Definitely questions to be considered given their history in the league, but if they play to potential of their size/athleticism...you can play good defense against that and still lose the matchup from time to time.

If a safety has to account for that, you KNOW a safety has to account for Tavon on the other side of the field and his blazing deep speed. (Tavon, can you develop a counter on the route tree to the 9? Cuz if you do, you're dangerous every time you leave the line of scrimmage.)

If this is our base, here's what I like about it:

Both safeties risk accounting for the sidelines instead of the middle of the field.

The middle is left vulnerable for our power run game beyond the front 7 and it opens space for Cook/Kendricks/slot WR to work against -- essentially -- linebackers or a team's nickel DB.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well, first off, I'm sorry you feel compelled to assume that anyone who disagrees with you can't see reality. Omniscience is a hard burden, and you have my pity with that.

Second off, pretty much everyone who wanted Watkins said that the Rams needed to address LG, and sooner rather than later. Now, it's a legitimate question of where they would do so and who they'd give up in order to do so. But no one would have been happy for it to go unaddressed so Sammy Watkins & Chris Williams is a nonsense comparison.

Third, I've been hearing great things about Britt and Quick lately. That's good. I want them to live up to the hype, and if they do, Fisher's going to look like a genius. But they haven't proven a thing on the field yet. That #1 WR who can raise the whole corps from good to great (because the rest of them won't have the best members of the opposing secondary covering them anymore) may end up still being a need next year. Yeah, protection should be better (barring massive 2011-esque injury), but if the Rams ever find themselves behind, they're going to need people who can catch the ball reliably. We've got the QB, but the best QB in the world can't prevent the drop issues we had early last year.

Fourth, even before the draft, I and most of those who wanted Watkins were saying that Robinson wasn't a BAD pick, just not the direction they preferred to go. At the times, at least some in the Robinson camp were saying Watkins wouldn't have been a bad pick either. Sure, there are some insisting that the Rams will regret the Robinson pick forever and the sky is falling... but that's a small minority.

Lastly, I really can't figure out why some from the Robinson crowd rather than being happy because they got their guy seek to rub it in the face of those who preferred to go a different direction. The draft is over. We should all be back on the same page again. Those who wanted Watkins aren't the ones bringing him up anymore. Let it go.
1.My bad from another post board & grown to knuckle heads.This board has all the old posters,I first grew to love. **ZN was a poster though never wrong.
2.It is interesting the Rams trades with Buffalo the last 2 years & players they drafted.Woods & Watkins only to have S.Johnson to go the enemy.Chris Williams started for The Rams last year.Now he is Buffalo.There is a comparison there with The Rams new starting LG.Now The Rams have Kenny Britt who was player I drafted on my first ever fantasy team.I think he is a number one talent.Weather anyone else feels that way,I'm just now seeing it.Watch NFL fantasy just 2nights ago & the Guru say Watkins will have a tough time his rookie year.Actually after I posted.***I loved Sammy,but not at number #2,especially after trading up for Tavon.My believe is the Rams made a mistake to trade up for a smallish WR.I as a fan have to live with that.I loved Tavon Austin & think Watkins is the better WR.Sammy is a young 20 yrs old.He will be around a long time.Straight out baller.

3.I'll agree with the misses.Was a huge Bailey fan.Think Austin & Pead would not be the same players today without him today.That being said,blows me away of all the players to get busted it was Bailey.
Rookie year JJ & Givens running up stairs of Candle Stick & Quick catching a TD to start the game.Great Ram moment in my eyes.I think The Rams WR are very young & just need time to adjust to the NFL play book & speed of the game. I think not having a running game hurt the Rams WR as well.That is a lot of pressure on them.Last thing I want to do when nervous is to catch something.I drop things all the time & my reaction is to always catch it without thinking.Hand eye will come natural as they grow. --Look at Fishers tone after game 4.He switched back to run first,which is now The Rams identity.

Lastly-I'm not trying to be a jerk.I just think you need to look at the whole of building a team & where the pick came from.
***Matt Kalahi was the pick if not for the trade down.I think it is a great closure to The RG111 pick. If I had my choice it was trade back with Atlanta for at the least a #2.Matthews was still there.At 13 Martin or Donald.I was nervous it might be Johnny.
End of the day I'm a Rams fan.

Irish

Starter
I am interested to see how long it takes for Britt to develop a real rapport with Sam. There is something to be said for a guy who has complete confidence in his WR to be in the right spot and bail him out of a jam. I have thought for years that Sam maybe didn't need a Megatron or AJ Green or Julio Jones, because those guys are so rare, but if he had someone like Donald Driver or Greg Jennings or Roddy White, you know, the QB's favorite target kind of guy, it would do wonders for his confidence and, ultimately, his stat column. Pettis would love to be that guy, but he isn't talented enough.

Britt is the one guy on the team who could fill that role. You can't teach 6'3, and he is a legit first round wide receiver. I just hope he gets his stuff together to make a real impact.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I am interested to see how long it takes for Britt to develop a real rapport with Sam. There is something to be said for a guy who has complete confidence in his WR to be in the right spot and bail him out of a jam. I have thought for years that Sam maybe didn't need a Megatron or AJ Green or Julio Jones, because those guys are so rare, but if he had someone like Donald Driver or Greg Jennings or Roddy White, you know, the QB's favorite target kind of guy, it would do wonders for his confidence and, ultimately, his stat column. Pettis would love to be that guy, but he isn't talented enough.

Britt is the one guy on the team who could fill that role. You can't teach 6'3, and he is a legit first round wide receiver. I just hope he gets his stuff together to make a real impact.
If he's as good as he thinks he is, it won't take long to develop that rapport. Sam and Clayton developed it instantly. So did Sam and Alexander. And Sam and Lloyd. All it takes is having a guy capable of fighting for the ball and/or running solid routes.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
1.My bad from another post board & grown to knuckle heads.This board has all the old posters,I first grew to love. **some guy was a poster though never wrong.
2.It is interesting the Rams trades with Buffalo the last 2 years & players they drafted.Woods & Watkins only to have S.Johnson to go the enemy.Chris Williams started for The Rams last year.Now he is Buffalo.There is a comparison there with The Rams new starting LG.Now The Rams have Kenny Britt who was player I drafted on my first ever fantasy team.I think he is a number one talent.Weather anyone else feels that way,I'm just now seeing it.Watch NFL fantasy just 2nights ago & the Guru say Watkins will have a tough time his rookie year.Actually after I posted.***I loved Sammy,but not at number #2,especially after trading up for Tavon.My believe is the Rams made a mistake to trade up for a smallish WR.I as a fan have to live with that.I loved Tavon Austin & think Watkins is the better WR.Sammy is a young 20 yrs old.He will be around a long time.Straight out baller.

3.I'll agree with the misses.Was a huge Bailey fan.Think Austin & Pead would not be the same players today without him today.That being said,blows me away of all the players to get busted it was Bailey.
Rookie year JJ & Givens running up stairs of Candle Stick & Quick catching a TD to start the game.Great Ram moment in my eyes.I think The Rams WR are very young & just need time to adjust to the NFL play book & speed of the game. I think not having a running game hurt the Rams WR as well.That is a lot of pressure on them.Last thing I want to do when nervous is to catch something.I drop things all the time & my reaction is to always catch it without thinking.Hand eye will come natural as they grow. --Look at Fishers tone after game 4.He switched back to run first,which is now The Rams identity.

Lastly-I'm not trying to be a jerk.I just think you need to look at the whole of building a team & where the pick came from.
***Matt Kalahi was the pick if not for the trade down.I think it is a great closure to The RG111 pick. If I had my choice it was trade back with Atlanta for at the least a #2.Matthews was still there.At 13 Martin or Donald.I was nervous it might be Johnny.
End of the day I'm a Rams fan.
Now see, all that is absolutely fine. You have an opinion. I have an opinion. Everyone has an opinion. No one "doesn't know what they're talking about" (except the Bradford bashers of course... :p) I know of those who can't ever be wrong. I try to stay away from it, since once you refuse to listen to anyone disagreeing with you, you can let some real nonsense get into your head, and then it's never corrected because you won't listen.

I thought Watkins could be that #1 we are missing (and haven't drafted anyone to be except Quick, Tavon's not a #1 type, but he is an excellent weapon and I'm glad we have him), but in the end Watkins isn't a Ram and likely never will be. Robinson is, so of course, I want him to succeed.

I'll apologize too for being a bit on the snarky side. Hopefully once the season starts, all of us no matter who we wanted can stop fighting the battles of the draft.

TShram03

UDFA
I am of the belief that Sam will feel VERY comfortable throwing to Kenny Britt's frame one v. one IF Britt is healthy and engaged.

Sam is risk-averse, but he's not so conservative to take a chance if he believes his teammate is the superior physical specimen. Hasn't had that here outside of Danario (tho credit is given to Clayton and Lloyd for just being good WRs that he trusted to create separation on their own).

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Good points on WR's.
I like to find a favorite player each year from preseason.I always liked DX.He was not the same after like his last knee injury,but still had another good season in SD.

Clayton & Bradford had a weird Oaky connection.Shame he got hurt.
Lloyd was not one,I really liked.He did have a good season though.

As far as Bradford goes he has been a gym rat as BB players say.
He looks stronger,and missing out on the season might be the best thing that could have happened to the Rams.(just my crazy opinion)
- I like the way the season ended up.I think The Rams were way better than there record.Glad for the Donald pick.
I don't think Tavon & Bailey were ever in the game at the same time.Tavon was missed the last 3 games.Bailey stepped up his game.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
Both safeties risk accounting for the sidelines instead of the middle of the field.

The middle is left vulnerable for our power run game beyond the front 7 and it opens space for Cook/Kendricks/slot WR to work against -- essentially -- linebackers or a team's nickel DB.
i'm glad you posted this. I agree, though I don't post often I read daily, and have thought this could be a "killer" for the Rams offense. Cook is a matchup nightmare and Kendricks is very solid, got labeled with the drops early, but has shown well since then. Contract year for Lance doesn't hurt either.
Welcome to ROD :cheers:

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
Tavon had his best game lining up outside. He may have blazing speed but he lacks "jukes" and I hope the rams realize it sooner rather than later. I think Austin, Quick, Britt, Givens, Bailey, Givens, and Pettis make it. I'm hoping Britt regains his form and we have Britt and Quick on the outside with us moving Tavon around.

Lacks jukes? Lacks jukes? Playoffs? Playoffs? I have the same bewilderment.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Tavon had his best game lining up outside. He may have blazing speed but he lacks "jukes" and I hope the rams realize it sooner rather than later. I think Austin, Quick, Britt, Givens, Bailey, Givens, and Pettis make it. I'm hoping Britt regains his form and we have Britt and Quick on the outside with us moving Tavon around.

huh?