WR DeSean Jackson wanted out of LA: After his release, signed with the Raiders

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I posted this because to my surprise, DeSean Jackson asked for his release from the Rams because he wanted more touches.
confused smiley

DeSean Jackson goes unclaimed on waivers from Rams
Nov 04, 2021

The Rams tried to find a trade partner for DeSean Jackson before Tuesday’s deadline. No one bit. They then proceeded to waive him, giving every team the chance to claim him and take on his contract. No team wanted to do that, either.

His role with the Rams didn’t pan out the way he or the team expected, finding it difficult to get on the field due to the depth Los Angeles already had at wide receiver with Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods and Van Jefferson.
[www.msn.com]

Nov 7, 2021 DeSean Jackson signs with the Raiders

D .Jackson stats with the Rams (7 games)
8 Catches - 221 YDS - 1 TD

D.Jackson stats with the Raiders (6 games)
7 Catches - 116 YDS - 1 TD

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I posted this because to my surprise, DeSean Jackson asked for his release from the Rams because he wanted more touches.
confused smiley

DeSean Jackson goes unclaimed on waivers from Rams
Nov 04, 2021

The Rams tried to find a trade partner for DeSean Jackson before Tuesday’s deadline. No one bit. They then proceeded to waive him, giving every team the chance to claim him and take on his contract. No team wanted to do that, either.

His role with the Rams didn’t pan out the way he or the team expected, finding it difficult to get on the field due to the depth Los Angeles already had at wide receiver with Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods and Van Jefferson.
[www.msn.com]

Nov 7, 2021 DeSean Jackson signs with the Raiders

D .Jackson stats with the Rams (7 games)
8 Catches - 221 YDS - 1 TD

D.Jackson stats with the Raiders (6 games)
7 Catches - 116 YDS - 1 TD

Shows he is what he is & always has been true to himself in that way.

I think he should have been more of a threat though. Stafford missed him on a couple deep passes that would have changed a couple games.The first Cards game sticks out the most.
I he had stayed the course The Rams would have been in a different spot.I love Sean Mcvay staying true to himself with The Rams. We vs Me.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Especially in Kentucky…. Cuz, it’s blue….. blue grass, heh, heh, get it? ‘
I’m here all week…

You must be an OG from Kentucky,because your The King of the Blue Font - Merlin

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I think it was bc his contract was heavily incentivised by how his production on the field was. Maybe the Raiders contract is not as heavy in incentives and more guaranteed money?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I was pissed at first. I liked the deep threat he brought to the table. OBJ brings that and a lot more, so it worked out better for us in the end.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think it was bc his contract was heavily incentivised by how his production on the field was. Maybe the Raiders contract is not as heavy in incentives and more guaranteed money?

Didn’t his being released help open up cap space for Von Miller or OBj ?

Kenny Young trade hurt a little at first? It did open up cap space.

The best part is Ben Sko & Ernest Jones both are such solid ascending rookies & both players only Essential-ate.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
When Kupp scored his 29 yard TV you could see a wide open OBJ raise his arm in victory.

DJ would have pouted.

So happy that dude is not on our team. Hope we can keep OBJ and he keeps his head on straight about this being a team sport.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Meh, we got a more dynamic threat with OBJ. Desean is a one-trick, injury prone, pony; that showboating disaster moments before his fumble vs Chiefs gave away more red flags than a communist parade

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Loving OBJ! Never in my wildest dreams did I think he would be this "team" guy. Again, in McSnead we trust!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Shows he is what he is & always has been true to himself in that way.

I think he should have been more of a threat though. Stafford missed him on a couple deep passes that would have changed a couple games.The first Cards game sticks out the most.
I he had stayed the course The Rams would have been in a different spot.I love Sean Mcvay staying true to himself with The Rams. We vs Me.
He never fights for the ball. Had a chance to do that in the Cards game and chose not to which allowed the easy interception.

He was a disappointment but his lack of heart was not unexpected.

Flint

Pro Bowler
By the time he got released I think McVay had had enough of him for whatever reason. Could he be doing what Van is doing? Why not? But maybe he’s got a better deal with Vegas so good for him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Lawl at Mesean. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm glad we have OBJ over him.

jjab360

Legend
Was excited for him in training camp and at the beginning of the year and disappointed when it didn't work out, but we're better off without him right now.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
By the time he got released I think McVay had had enough of him for whatever reason. Could he be doing what Van is doing? Why not? But maybe he’s got a better deal with Vegas so good for him.

I think McVay was done with him when he quit on that long pass and didn't fight for the TD. Can you imagine ANY of our other receivers or TEs NOT fighting for that TD?

DJax just wanted shit handed to him and that's not how we roll.