WR Brian Quick-Isaac Bruce Comparisons?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Eddie P
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2012/10/23 ... louis-rams

154115476.0_standard_730.0.jpg

a93de99048794a49b04d1f7.png

So, this is pretty interesting. On Monday's Bernie Miklasz's show on ESPN 101, former Ram great – and this writer's favorite athlete – Isaac Bruce said he isn't too worried about rookie receiver Brian Quick's slow maturation process.

Bruce mentioned his own growing process as reason to not worry about Quick's slow start to the season. Both receivers were picked No. 33 overall and both came from a small school; Bruce came from Memphis, Quick from Appalachian St. With that small school tag comes the learning curve in the transition into the pros.

"It took me about eight weeks before I really knew what was going on, from a playbook standpoint," said Bruce, "and I think Mr. Quick might be on that same program."

Ike is saying it took him eight weeks into the season to fully grasp the NFL level of play, and we all know how he turned out to be. If it takes Quick that same amount of time to acclimate himself, I say it is all worth it. Especially if he comes anywhere close to being the receiver Bruce was.

Also mentioned during the show were receivers Brandon Gibson and Chris Givens.

Bruce said he likes what he sees out of Gibson, but that he lacks a true identity. He mentioned Gibson's play-making ability being overshadowed by his tendency of dropping the easy passes.

On Givens, he mentioned his ability to "take the top off the defense." He said it benefits the entire offense.

We agree, Mr. Bruce.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think Quick will really establish himself next year, but I expect him to be worked into the offense more and more about the same time as Bruce said.

If he comes half the receiver Bruce was I'll be very happy though.

I really "see" Quick's athleticism and smoothness when he runs and catches.
Very smooth hands catcher from what I've seen so far.

I agree w/Rev Ike...it's just getting the playbook, reads, NFL speed down before he contributes more.
I think Fisher is trying to guard Quick from any frustration by playing him too early.
I just hope he starts playing more because I like watching Quicks game and he needs the reps to get comfortable
so he can hit the ground running next year!! Also, Quick needs to be WAAAAY more physical against those tiny CBs...
Bruce said it before, he's not using his body enough yet! But it will come!!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
And meanwhile Stephen Hill dropped a pass that would have given the Jets a win over NE last Sunday

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
SunTzu.v.Camus said:
I really "see" Quick's athleticism and smoothness when he runs and catches.
Very smooth hands catcher from what I've seen so far.

Agreed. He has the look of a gifted WR when he is targeted

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
bluecoconuts said:
I think Quick will really establish himself next year, but I expect him to be worked into the offense more and more about the same time as Bruce said.

If he comes half the receiver Bruce was I'll be very happy though.
It's my hope that he does it BEFORE next year so we aren't tempted to take a
Justin Blackmon hype type in the first round.
I'd like it if we are secure in the two rooks being future stars by seasons end so we can strengthen this team at other positions.
If for example there is a can't miss mauler available at guard or a Palamalu caliber safety available.

Shizzle there I go talking about next year again when IMO this years potential is really still up for grabs.

JMO but should we beat the Patriots it will be huge for this teams ability to see itself as a contender and would send them into the bye wishing we had a game the next week.
4- 4 is way more that 3-5 way more it's like a fresh start and IMO if we stop their running game we beat them.