Wow

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VelleRams1

UDFA
Name
Velle
The Cowboys an LT Tyron Smith agree 2 a 8-year $98mil deal

Via Twitter

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I saw that - 40 million gtd - but I would bet that he sees all 8 years of that contract. Great deal for Dallas.

I hope Quinn signs an 8 year deal, too.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Never understood why top tackles dont make more. Is this the highest paid tackle contract now? He deserves it. Very young and dominant.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
Great offensive line, really talented individual skills players and absolutely zero pass rush. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you'll want some Cowboys on your fantasy team this year.

Alan

Legend
Thanks for the heads up @VelleRams1 .

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...ith-signs-eight-year-contract-extension.html/
OXNARD, Calif. — Cowboys left tackle Tyron Smith signed an eight-year contract extension that will keep him in Dallas through 2023.

The total value of the deal is worth $109 million with $40 million guaranteed and a $10 million signing bonus, sources said Wednesday. Smith will make $32 million in the first three years of the new contract.

The former ninth-overall pick of the 2011 draft, Smith made the Pro Bowl last season. In May, the Cowboys picked up the fifth-year option on his rookie contract. Before Tuesday’s news dropped, Smith’s 2015 salary was to be fully guaranteed for $10.039 million, which is equal to the 2014 transition tag for offensive linemen. Smith was set to make a base salary of $2.079 million in 2014.

After he was drafted three years ago, he signed a four-year, $12.5 million contract that was fully guaranteed and included a $7.6 million signing bonus.

Smith, 23, is the foundation of the Cowboys’ rebuilt offensive line. He has started all 47 games in which he has played and has conceded only 14 sacks in his career, according to STATS LLC.

The Cowboys made it known they were to complete a contract extension with Smith in 2014. Now they will turn their attention to lengthening receiver Dez Bryant’s deal. He is scheduled to become a free agent in 2015.

Because of his youth, solid work ethic and consistency protecting Tony Romo’s blindside, Smith became a valuable piece that Cowboys management felt could be an asset to the team for more than a decade. On Wednesday, Dallas committed to a future with Smith as its left tackle.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
This guy basically dominated Robert Quinn last year. He is the real deal.

Irish

Starter
Tyron Smith's dominance makes the Zack Martin pick that much more puzzling.

It is strange to me to take a right tackle 16th overall considering the relative draft positions of other right tackles in the league, and more importantly considering the glaring needs the Cowboys had/have and the talent that was still available on the board at that pick.

Congrats to him and the Cowboys, though. Always good to see real talent and skill awarded in an era of inflated free agent contracts to overrated talent (looking at you, Michael Oher)

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Tyron Smith's dominance makes the Zack Martin pick that much more puzzling.

It is strange to me to take a right tackle 16th overall considering the relative draft positions of other right tackles in the league, and more importantly considering the glaring needs the Cowboys had/have and the talent that was still available on the board at that pick.

Congrats to him and the Cowboys, though. Always good to see real talent and skill awarded in an era of inflated free agent contracts to overrated talent (looking at you, Michael Oher)

Martin is playing RG I thought. I don't know if it was the right move, but their line is nasty. They're going to be an incredibly tough offense to face. If their defense wasn't injury prone and weak, they would be a playoff team easy.

Irish

Starter
Martin is playing RG I thought. I don't know if it was the right move, but their line is nasty. They're going to be an incredibly tough offense to face. If their defense wasn't injury prone and weak, they would be a playoff team easy.
Being a pretty big ND fan, I thought he was a shoe in at tackle because he was a 4 year starter at LT. Makes the pick even more puzzling!

FRO

Legend
Poor guy, why would you want to stay in Dallas long term. Arguably the worst GM in the league and their current roster doesn't have much talent. I think the Cowboys will be picking top 5 in 2015 and I feel the will be picking 1st.