Wow, that Russell Wilson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Funny how one play changes the whole perception. Imagine if that guy catches that easy onsides floater? Or if Clinton-Dix knocks down that two point prayer? We'd be talking about Rogers greatness and how Wilson choked with 4 INT's.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Yes, he has bad games - EVERY QB does, but, re-read what you said, basically you're saying even on bad days they win. You have to admit there have been some games where he's been on fire too. You can't take it away from the guy his playoff record is damn fine. Arguably A-Rod is a better QB, arguably Payton Manning is, however Wilson is in the SB again this year whether its him or the team, and I wouldn't be surprised if they railroad New England like they did Denver last year...
Check the stats. Seattle puts extremely little onto the QB's plate. He's routinely near the bottom of the league in passes attempted for a starting QB.

My answer as to whether Wilson on the Rams wins? A resounding NO once taken from that supporting cast and that gameplan.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I hate the team with every fibre in my body. Sherman, Lynch... All those guys. freak those guys.

I just can't hate Wilson though. I hate myself for not being able to hate him. The dude is just really likeable for some reason.
Hate to agree but I do. Absolutely can't stand the team bottom to top but for some reason, I don't hate on Wilson. I can feel it coming though.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Check the stats. Seattle puts extremely little onto the QB's plate. He's routinely near the bottom of the league in passes attempted for a starting QB.

My answer as to whether Wilson on the Rams wins? A resounding NO once taken from that supporting cast and that gameplan.

I'm not talking about stats, I'm talking about wins vs losses.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, he has bad games - EVERY QB does, but, re-read what you said, basically you're saying even on bad days they win. You have to admit there have been some games where he's been on fire too. You can't take it away from the guy his playoff record is damn fine. Arguably A-Rod is a better QB, arguably Payton Manning is, however Wilson is in the SB again this year whether its him or the team, and I wouldn't be surprised if they railroad New England like they did Denver last year...

No arguably about it. All these guys are better QBs:
1. Rodgers
2. Manning
3. Brady
4. Roethlisberger
5. Brees
6. Luck
7. Romo
8. Rivers

And then you get to the arguable range with guys like Ryan, Flacco, and Eli.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
1. Rodgers
2. Manning
3. Brady
4. Roethlisberger
5. Brees
6. Luck
7. Romo
8. Rivers

I don't disagree, my point was, since Wilson's started in Seattle, they've won more games, he is a top 10 QB at best. But he's taken Seattle to 2 SBs on the trot. And I get the fact that when we're talking opposition it's the team that get people to the SB, but when we're talking about the Rams, we just need our QB to be on the field and we'll be there, the double standards is frustrating at best....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't disagree, my point was, since Wilson's started in Seattle, they've won more games, he is a top 10 QB at best. But he's taken Seattle to 2 SBs on the trot. And I get the fact that when we're talking opposition it's the team that get people to the SB, but when we're talking about the Rams, we just need our QB to be on the field and we'll be there, the double standards is frustrating at best....

It's not a double standard.

Teams make the Super Bowl...but teams that can go anywhere with a backup QB are pretty damn rare. Especially in the salary cap era.

There is no double standard. If the Rams make the Super Bowl next year, it won't be because of the QB. It will be because of the team as a whole. But not having a QB certainly can drag your team down. Just like having a QB can elevate your team...although Wilson isn't really a guy I'd credit as doing that yet. QBs that can do that are pretty rare.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It's not a double standard.

Teams make the Super Bowl...but teams that can go anywhere with a backup QB are pretty damn rare. Especially in the salary cap era.

There is no double standard. If the Rams make the Super Bowl next year, it won't be because of the QB. It will be because of the team as a whole. But not having a QB certainly can drag your team down. Just like having a QB can elevate your team...although Wilson isn't really a guy I'd credit as doing that yet. QBs that can do that are pretty rare.

I've always admired your keen sense of the obvious. o_O

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
1. Rodgers
2. Manning
3. Brady
4. Roethlisberger
5. Brees
6. Luck
7. Romo
8. Rivers

Are you certain jrry32 at this point in his career, Peyton is better than Russell? I'm not....Not sure about Brees either....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Are you certain jrry32 at this point in his career, Peyton is better than Russell? I'm not....Not sure about Brees either....

Yes. Healthy Manning is better...far better. Injured Manning? No.

Yes, Brees is better.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Recently I complained (haha) that Russel Wilson never gets hurt. Some of you assured me it will happen soon because he runs so much. He took his first brutal hit against the Packers that I've seen and ... nothing. Not hurt at all. This is terrible. The guy has played 3 straight years with no injuries. This is not good for Rams fans. Why can't Wilson have his fair share of injuries?

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
he may just be lucky on the injury front, his body may be able to take the hits, some people are just like that :/

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Green Bay handed the game to Seattle

I thought they gave it away, but the Albatross did a good job of taking advantage of the Packers implosion...The Pack went into the chickenshit mode and it blew up on them...I wonder also how the Packers give up that whatever-it-was pass for the 2-pt conversion...I (the 60+ year-old retired guy) would have had time to run under that POS Hail Mary special...

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Wilson's Ws and Ls are Seattle's stats not his. He's not a starting pitcher.

We still would not have made the playoffs this year with him on our team. Our oline simply wasn't good enough to win playoff games. And Schotty still would have misused our skill players.

I'd put him in the top 15, which is all a good team needs to win.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
He took his first brutal hit against the Packers that I've seen
The block by Clay Matthews correct? Just a glancing blow....I'd have like to see how he came outta a full on direct crack back block though....

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny

The supporting cast isn't all that great though. The Seattle line can obviously mash in the run game, but their pass blocking leaves a lot to be desired. I don't think it's size a lone that dictates Wilson to move out of the pocket and throw on the run as often as he does.
As far was weapons go, it could be an even heat. Sure results side to the Seahawks at this point, but had Austin, Cook and Quick et. all not been playing with 2nd and 3rd string QBs the last two seasons who knows.
Lynch is a repugnant fuck. I'll be curious to see if Christine Michael can rise to the occasion next year.
Defenses are largely comparable. Seattle has a better secondary, but the numbers at the end of the season were pretty close.
Their biggest asset is home field advantage and it has been for the last 5 years or so.

Wilson would nudge this team into the Playoffs. Guaranteed.