Wow, so ... Hill? Davis? Keenum?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I still say that the backup QB should be one that can do something with his feet. Terrelle Pryor in some sort of Tebow like package would have looked better, IMO.

I concur, Pryor could run and Tebow could pray! Seriously though, it's going to be a long year.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Same old criticism. People STILL trying to blame Sam Bradford for this team's crappy play. First off -everyone says - Bradford sucks, Hill's not a drop-off (not even paraphrasing here - this was the title of a thread!). Next day - Hill sucks aswell. Then he goes out hurt and Austin Davis comes in - and its "Austin Davis Sucks" aswell - despite people on boards saying he's the QB of the future?! Then people want two quarterbacks that can't actually play in this league - Vick and Tebow?? WTF?

Don't worry, Bradford looks pretty safe after what I saw, yesterday. There's not a QB out there that would help us more and that includes next year's draft.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
So it's obvious that we can't hurt teams via the pass, so the answer now is to get two QBs who have never scared anyone passing and rely on read option? Maybe even give up picks for that? It still doesn't solve the problem of hurting a defense when they gear to stop the run.
I didn't see a glaring need for a rushing QB, I saw a team whose OC couldn't figure out how to run a basic offense, much less a creative one for Tebow or Vick. I saw a OL thoroughly outplayed by a very average DL. I saw a team completely unable or unwilling to adjust to what the other team is doing. Nome of which will actually be fixed by getting any QB that is available now. I see CK playing before anything else.

…..

Legend
Davis almost seemed relieved or eager to get the ball completed 9 yards downfield on 3'rd and 20.....twice! We cant have that, he has got to know his routes and where to deliver the ball to extened drives. He was playing for completions, not wins.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
then expect alot more of the same, because the Vikings are nothing special.
Defensively i agree. They aint crap, and they'll find out in the next several weeks when they have to defend QB's who are prepared.
I'm going to disagree with you. I live near Cincinnati so I've seen a lot of the Bengals and I'm familiar with Zimmer. In a division of tough defenses, the Bengals have had arguably the best in the AFC North the past couple of years. He is no joke when it comes to building and executing on defense. They will have the best defense in the NFC North, not that that says much. Zimmer is as good as anyone at pressuring quarterbacks. The Vikings have some talent on defense and I believe Zimmer will have them show it on the field.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Don't think it was bad, but wasn't impressed with hi performance any way.
I Was impressed with Hill. He started out 5 of 5 passing, and everything seemed to start out well. On the INT, he probably wants that one back, but he was throwing it down field at the side-line, he may have thought our guy would get it or it would go out of bounds. I was hoping the defender came down out-of-bounds!. TOTALLY Shocked when I saw Davis start the second Half!!!!!!

Rambition

Rookie
unless hill's quad is worse than one would think, i don't see why he won't start again.

Rambition

Rookie
Boys, we are in trouble. Hill was supposed to be better than this...Kellen Clemmens was better than this. As good as our talent is across the team, I don't know how long Fisher can motivate them when they know how futile the QB play is. I would say go after Cousins or someone else, but don't even know if that will help. Trusting Bradford to be the central piece around which to build, is turning into a huge blunder
i guess i don't see where hill was that bad.

goldenram

UDFA
So it's obvious that we can't hurt teams via the pass, so the answer now is to get two QBs who have never scared anyone passing and rely on read option? Maybe even give up picks for that? It still doesn't solve the problem of hurting a defense when they gear to stop the run.
I didn't see a glaring need for a rushing QB, I saw a team whose OC couldn't figure out how to run a basic offense, much less a creative one for Tebow or Vick. I saw a OL thoroughly outplayed by a very average DL. I saw a team completely unable or unwilling to adjust to what the other team is doing. Nome of which will actually be fixed by getting any QB that is available now.
^^^^^^^^^^^^you correct^^^^^
Sorry, still think OC is a lot of the problem on Offense... That along with players that looked like they didn't want to play.... I'm not out there (lo.l for sure), but between bad play calling and poor player performances, we'll be hard pressed to win with any QB.....

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Just to wrap the remember Tebow won a playoff game crap up. Vince young had a winning record as well and he's out of the league as well for Vince it was his play and attitude for Tebow his play yes he won a playoff game but Tebow getting to and winning the playoff game had more to do with the team around him moret then it did him winning it. So before some jump that bandwagon remember he's not in the league for a reason.

rafa

Starter
Name
Rafael
What would it cost us to bring Blake Bortles from Jacksonville ?

A55VA6

Legend
Hill's status is uncertain for Tampa Bay, so if he can't go I hope Keenum is ready. I'm just not confident in Austin Davis.

goosekilla

UDFA
Name
Jeremy
Oh, crap. I'm sorry if he was injured. I watched it at a Sports Bar with NO SOUND. Didn't see evidence of an injury. My bad if he was injured.
Lol I did the exact same thing! I was thinking terrible coaching decision as well.

Alan

Legend
I'm all in on what Sam brings to the table but what makes anyone thnk that he won't be ripe for another injury to the same knee? He was barely touched and tore his MCL. Plus, knees are even more susceptible to the same injury for the next couple of years. I think it would be foolish not to use a high (not first round) draft pick on a QB if we see something in the 2nd/3rd round. That's at a minimum.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Oh, crap. I'm sorry if he was injured. I watched it at a Sports Bar with NO SOUND. Didn't see evidence of an injury. My bad if he was injured.
me neither, and I really doubt he was injured enough to not play....just my take...but really doubt this....

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm not gonna say I told ya so, wait...I'm not gonna say what I told, how's that....We gotta start Hill...I'd like to see Davis after a week with the starters, but if we wanna win on the road (no guarantees) Hill gives us a chance...It's too late to start bringing guys in now...well, nobody that could help in the first 2 months...
Oh, my main point, the O-Line wasn't as terrible as some say...it wasn't...seems like the ball didn't travel more than 20 yards until garbage time...by then it was too late.