Wow, so ... Hill? Davis? Keenum?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I'm sorry you don't pull Hill at halftime in that scenario. I agree, his INT throw was horrible but Austin Davis proceeded to throw an equally terrible INT, a pick 6 at that.

Also, does anyone else notice that Austin Davis has zero pocket awareness? And "guy about to sack me" awareness? He takes sacks to often and goes down nice and easy.

So what does Fisher do in week two? My advice to him is to get Hill back in there as the starter. But if he dislikes Hill so much all of a sudden, then get Keenum up to speed as fast as possible and get him in there. We are a real mess. This is really bad. Our defense was supposed to be our strength. 36 points allowed.

:(

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pretty sure Hill was injured...
Oh, crap. I'm sorry if he was injured. I watched it at a Sports Bar with NO SOUND. Didn't see evidence of an injury. My bad if he was injured.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We need Hill in there. Davis is not good. Hill wasn't playing well but he wasn't playing terribly. Was having a solid enough outing prior to the terrible decision on that INT. We just need the OL to do their job and not shoot ourselves in the foot.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Also, does anyone else notice that Austin Davis has zero pocket awareness? And "guy about to sack me" awareness? He takes sacks to often and goes down nice and easy.

:(

Agreed, no pocket presence.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Keenum800.jpg

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
QB is, and will be a problem for us. We really need to move the pocket around, but both QB's were slow to release the ball. Not decisive. OL really needs to block better, but really haven't played as a unit. Can we put G. Rob threads to rest now, because he probably is a starter now.

Debacled

Starter
Hill is hurt, Davis is a guy that belongs on a PS at best, and Keenum is nowhere near being ready having only a couple weeks with the playbook.

It simply is not a good situation at QB.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I still say that the backup QB should be one that can do something with his feet. Terrelle Pryor in some sort of Tebow like package would have looked better, IMO.

Philly5

Rookie
Had hopes for Hill. Not going to abandon that after one game.

Davis. No. He might look decent at times in preseason against 2s and 3s. Overmatched.

Would like to see what Keenum would do. Shiny new toy syndrome.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Boys, we are in trouble. Hill was supposed to be better than this...Kellen Clemmens was better than this. As good as our talent is across the team, I don't know how long Fisher can motivate them when they know how futile the QB play is. I would say go after Cousins or someone else, but don't even know if that will help. Trusting Bradford to be the central piece around which to build, is turning into a huge blunder

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Hill strained his quad on the INT. Fisher talked about it on his post game interview with DeMarco Farr and Steve Savard. No word on whether its enough to keep him out next week. But the worst thing imaginable would be to have top START a game with Austin Davis.

For all the talk about the OL, and the pressure they gave up, Davis had zero idea where they pressure was coming from, and on more often than not, could have, and SHOULD have exploited it. He just isn't good enough, or experienced enough to understand what is happening on the field.

ShaneFalco

Call tim tebow or go after M Vick.

I knew Hill was nothing that everyone on this forum was saying he was.

scoring 6 pts in your home opener. Straight embarrassing.

Athos

Legend
Way the O-line played, we really need a mobile QB that can move in the pocket and throw on the run.

We up shit creek with Davis. No sense at all for pressure. Looked like a squealing pig that knew it was dinner.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I wonder if Kurt Warner's phone got a jingling this afternoon. The font is not blue.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Boys, we are in trouble. Hill was supposed to be better than this...Kellen Clemmens was better than this. As good as our talent is across the team, I don't know how long Fisher can motivate them when they know how futile the QB play is. I would say go after Cousins or someone else, but don't even know if that will help. Trusting Bradford to be the central piece around which to build, is turning into a huge blunder

Call tim tebow or go after M Vick.

I knew Hill was nothing that everyone on this forum was saying he was.

scoring 6 pts in your home opener. Stratght embarrassing.

Same old criticism. People STILL trying to blame Sam Bradford for this team's crappy play. First off -everyone says - Bradford sucks, Hill's not a drop-off (not even paraphrasing here - this was the title of a thread!). Next day - Hill sucks aswell. Then he goes out hurt and Austin Davis comes in - and its "Austin Davis Sucks" aswell - despite people on boards saying he's the QB of the future?! Then people want two quarterbacks that can't actually play in this league - Vick and Tebow?? WTF?