WOW Ramstalk and Mr. Demoff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tempests

Hall of Fame
I assume you're referring to one of Petey's threads?

He's developed an unhealthy obsession with KD, for months on end now. He'll pop up every now and then with another "Demoff is a liar" or "Demoff's gone into hiding" thread. Two-faced about it too because he has a correspondence with Demoff but never says this stuff in his e-mails.

He's been taken to task over there too. A handful of posters might agree with him but most of us over there don't feel that way.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I actually wandered over there this morning and saw it, and just laughed. This petey fellow is obsessive over a guy he's likely never met. Obvious trolls don't even try anymore.

I doubt Mr. Demoff cares what he thinks.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
It's incredible sometimes how naive and brutal so-called "fans" can be when casting judgement on individuals within the organization.

Just passing through that other site, it's a shame what a sh!@#$t show it has become over there. I stop by and one of the more popular threads is a thread bashing our own Mr. Demoff. I've have the pleasure of briefly meeting Mr. Demoff when the Rams visited New England in the preseason a few years ago and he was very cordial. In fact, he asked me if I was a native of St. Louis visiting New England simply because I knew everyone on the sideline and was cheering on all of them to show support lol. It was pretty funny, he shook my hand and couldn't believe I picked him out of a crowd to say hello.

Going back to my point, I've never been one to stand on the soap box because quite honestly, it's a waste sometimes to even argue with those fools but when I saw that thread I couldn't help myself but feel bad for the guy because I think he's done a wonderful job in the position he's been put in. As his previous work with the Bucs shows, he does a fantastic job with contract extensions making sure we are not ever in a position to be too tied up in cap money. And while many of our free agent signings have been lackluster, his responsibility I'm sure is to extend a contract to the individuals our coaches and management find as team fits. Looking at this off-season for example, our team is in prime position to not only extend some of our young, bright stars, but we also have the opportunity to get ourselves another big piece of the puzzle if choose so in free agency, and that's HUGE. Look at teams like the Cowboys, for example. Their cap situation is always awful and now they're busy looking over their roster and seeing what talented players they have to restructure or cut because they don't have someone quite like our CFO who can position all the contracts well to continue keeping all the talent, short-term and long-term.

Also, living here in New England, all the relocating chitchat bares little weight in my following of the team, but I can understand all the uneasiness fans out in the Midwest must feel because no one wants to see their beloved team leave. But I think it's a bit ridiculous to hang on every word the man says because quite honestly it seems as though he is simply the messenger between us fans and a very quiet owner. Again, I won't try and sit here and bang the table one way or the other if you will, but I will say that the guy has been doing as good a job as he can within the guidelines he must follow in informing fans.

I just think some "fans" are losing it a little bit and taking it out on the wrong guy. So Mr. Demoff if you're reading this, just know that as a fan I am very appreciative of the all the wonderful work you've done thus far for our team and I hope you can continue to provide that high quality of work for our Rams. We here are very supportive of our club and I know for sure there are many fans here on this forum who share the same sentiments.

GO RAMS!!!

Thank you Mr. Demoff,
Bryan

I was at that same game and met him also along with Devaney. Bill hooked me up with tickets to the Saints game and I sat with Pag's wife in the box.

I think Demoff was surprised there were so many Ram fans in New England lol.

I wonder if we crossed paths that night.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I'm a big Kevin Demoff fan. Like Coach O, I've had the pleasure of being at quite a few season ticket holder events over the years, and the guy is always cordial, honest and is always trying to do more for the fan. I feel bad for him sometimes because of the position he's put in as being the liaison between Kroenke and the fans... but he handles it well. Everytime I've ever e-mailed him, he's gotten back to me and we've had good discussions (especially after they moved our home New England game to London a couple years back!)... but I'll always have a lot of respect for him and the people on the other board are just shit disturbers. That's why I am so thankful to have found this board last year...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Irish - that kind of disrespect will NEVER be allowed here.

Irish

Starter
Irish - that kind of disrespect will NEVER be allowed here.

That's fine. I will apologize for the "disrespect", but not for the sentiment. Frankly, I wish more people were more upset about what has transpired. The apathy is what kills me.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That's fine. I will apologize for the "disrespect", but not for the sentiment. Frankly, I wish more people were more upset about what has transpired. The apathy is what kills me.
I get it and I'm not sure how any St Louis fan wouldn't be upset at the possibilities. But you had to know that wasn't going to fly here. Anyway, nuff said.

Irish

Starter
I get it and I'm not sure how any St Louis fan wouldn't be upset at the possibilities. But you had to know that wasn't going to fly here. Anyway, nuff said.
Sometimes you take the personal foul penalty if it means upsetting the apple cart.

I am the 4th string middle linebacker faking an injury to slow down the 2 minute drill.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I will save my opinion towards Demoff until the conclusion of the stadium process. In general, I feel like Demoff has done an incredible job in comparison to previous regimes with this team. However, at times when comparing him to the leaders of other NFL teams and to the other major sports franchises in town I do take pause.

Sadly, he is in a position that he has to be a politician far too often...I feel sorry for him in that regard.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I will save my opinion towards Demoff until the conclusion of the stadium process. In general, I feel like Demoff has done an incredible job in comparison to previous regimes with this team. However, at times when comparing him to the leaders of other NFL teams and to the other major sports franchises in town I do take pause.

Sadly, he is in a position that he has to be a politician far too often...I feel sorry for him in that regard.

Kevin Demoff > Jay Zygmunt any day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

Not sure how one's opinion of KD could possibly change pending the outcome of the stadium process. So I am not sure what you mean by that. Any stadium decision won't be his. His only role, I presume, is to spin it however he can to make it best for all concerned, and that includes the very fans I think he SINCERELY does care about.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Kevin Demoff > Jay Zygmunt any day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

Not sure how one's opinion of KD could possibly change pending the outcome of the stadium process. So I am not sure what you mean by that. Any stadium decision won't be his. His only role, I presume, is to spin it however he can to make it best for all concerned, and that includes the very fans I think he SINCERELY does care about.
Because he has said many things on that front that have come out later to not be true. Once the stadium situation works itself out I will be interested to see what he has to say and how he acts about it.

I tend to trust Demoff...but the more time goes on I find myself being a little more hesitant. How much of what he says is damage control vs honesty...that is my question.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I would love to be a fly on the wall and be able to hear what he REALLY thinks about Kroenke...

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Because he has said many things on that front that have come out later to not be true. Once the stadium situation works itself out I will be interested to see what he has to say and how he acts about it.

I tend to trust Demoff...but the more time goes on I find myself being a little more hesitant. How much of what he says is damage control vs honesty...that is my question.
I can only speak for my own interaction with him, and I have found him to be very up front with things. Granted alot of what he says, he has to temper his own personal feelings with that of the organization's best interests. But when he makes a point of clarifying his personal thoughts, from that of the organization's, he has been pretty forthright.

I haven't really heard him say anything that hasn't come to fruition. Maybe you could be more specific as to what he has said that have come out later not to be true.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I can only speak for my own interaction with him, and I have found him to be very up front with things. Granted alot of what he says, he has to temper his own personal feelings with that of the organization's best interests. But when he makes a point of clarifying his personal thoughts, from that of the organization's, he has been pretty forthright.

I haven't really heard him say anything that hasn't come to fruition. Maybe you could be more specific as to what he has said that have come out later not to be true.
As recently as October Kevin Demoff had said there were no talks with LA. Recently a report came out that Kroenke has been working with Inglewood for 18 months.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Being the fall guy for an entire organization is a pretty damn tough spot. To be not only that, but to make yourself available to fans outside of what I'd imagine to be standard operating procedure is pretty damn classy.

In regards to the current situation, it's pretty clear that someone is getting played. Not sure who it will be in the end, but unfortunately for KD he'll likely be the one on cleanup duty. That's a tough spot for one of the few that I would say genuinely cares for the fans.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
As recently as October Kevin Demoff had said there were no talks with LA. Recently a report came out that Kroenke has been working with Inglewood for 18 months.
And if those talk were truly between Kroenke and the group in Inglewood, how much do you really think Demoff would be privy to? I am not naive, but I also don't think its too far fetched to think that Kroenke has kept those negotiations completely separate from the day to day operations of the St. Louis Rams, and that it is quite possible that Demoff, at the time he made the comments about LA talks, honestly wasn't privy.

It would have been just as easy for K. Demoff to say something along the lines that he has recently. WE are exploring all options. And by not saying anything , he says alot. But for him to come out and say something like that, makes me believe he sincerely had not been aware of the talks that Kroenke was engaged in.

What purpose does it serve for Kroenke to make those talks part of the day to day running of the football team, before he was ready to make it public?

All I can say, again, in my dealings with K. Demoff, he has never said things that he had to retract or go back on later.

Alan

Legend
I might as well weigh in here. I think Mr. Demoff is doing a great job and I'm glad we finally got someone who really cares about the fan base.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
And if those talk were truly between Kroenke and the group in Inglewood, how much do you really think Demoff would be privy to? I am not naive, but I also don't think its too far fetched to think that Kroenke has kept those negotiations completely separate from the day to day operations of the St. Louis Rams, and that it is quite possible that Demoff, at the time he made the comments about LA talks, honestly wasn't privy.

It would have been just as easy for K. Demoff to say something along the lines that he has recently. WE are exploring all options. And by not saying anything , he says alot. But for him to come out and say something like that, makes me believe he sincerely had not been aware of the talks that Kroenke was engaged in.

What purpose does it serve for Kroenke to make those talks part of the day to day running of the football team, before he was ready to make it public?

All I can say, again, in my dealings with K. Demoff, he has never said things that he had to retract or go back on later.
You take it how you like.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I'd say if you're a fan of the Rams he's done a good job. The actual operation of the team is much better.

If you are a St Louis Rams fan, especially a season ticket holder who's been assured to the Rams aren't talking to LA, no reason to worry, plenty of room for optimism, etc, that probably doesn't matter now. Just because it's the guys job to snow the fans doesn't make it any easier to take. Perhaps he didn't know the talks were going on. If so I feel sorry for him. How much does your boss not give a shit about you then if he's willing to let you destroy your credibility by repeating things he knows will be easily proven to be untrue? He must need that job, it'd be tough for me to swallow that.

I feel sympathy for my fellow St Louisans who've been very loyal to this team despite awful team play. Perhaps it makes me a bad person, but it's hard for me to work up much sympathy for Kevin Demoff.