WOW Ramstalk and Mr. Demoff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
It's incredible sometimes how naive and brutal so-called "fans" can be when casting judgement on individuals within the organization.

Just passing through that other site, it's a shame what a sh!@#$t show it has become over there. I stop by and one of the more popular threads is a thread bashing our own Mr. Demoff. I've have the pleasure of briefly meeting Mr. Demoff when the Rams visited New England in the preseason a few years ago and he was very cordial. In fact, he asked me if I was a native of St. Louis visiting New England simply because I knew everyone on the sideline and was cheering on all of them to show support lol. It was pretty funny, he shook my hand and couldn't believe I picked him out of a crowd to say hello.

Going back to my point, I've never been one to stand on the soap box because quite honestly, it's a waste sometimes to even argue with those fools but when I saw that thread I couldn't help myself but feel bad for the guy because I think he's done a wonderful job in the position he's been put in. As his previous work with the Bucs shows, he does a fantastic job with contract extensions making sure we are not ever in a position to be too tied up in cap money. And while many of our free agent signings have been lackluster, his responsibility I'm sure is to extend a contract to the individuals our coaches and management find as team fits. Looking at this off-season for example, our team is in prime position to not only extend some of our young, bright stars, but we also have the opportunity to get ourselves another big piece of the puzzle if choose so in free agency, and that's HUGE. Look at teams like the Cowboys, for example. Their cap situation is always awful and now they're busy looking over their roster and seeing what talented players they have to restructure or cut because they don't have someone quite like our CFO who can position all the contracts well to continue keeping all the talent, short-term and long-term.

Also, living here in New England, all the relocating chitchat bares little weight in my following of the team, but I can understand all the uneasiness fans out in the Midwest must feel because no one wants to see their beloved team leave. But I think it's a bit ridiculous to hang on every word the man says because quite honestly it seems as though he is simply the messenger between us fans and a very quiet owner. Again, I won't try and sit here and bang the table one way or the other if you will, but I will say that the guy has been doing as good a job as he can within the guidelines he must follow in informing fans.

I just think some "fans" are losing it a little bit and taking it out on the wrong guy. So Mr. Demoff if you're reading this, just know that as a fan I am very appreciative of the all the wonderful work you've done thus far for our team and I hope you can continue to provide that high quality of work for our Rams. We here are very supportive of our club and I know for sure there are many fans here on this forum who share the same sentiments.

GO RAMS!!!

Thank you Mr. Demoff,
Bryan

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I'm surprised, but I've read there at times and it's usually very acerbic...Demoff, in my opinion, is the last person to be blamed for the decisions Kroenke makes....As stated, he has been a great cap guy, and is a real tough spot right now...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Let's keep this topic focused on Kevin Demoff, not relocation, as the OP intended.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
For a second when I saw this thread title, I thought Demoff was doing a Q&A over there. I could just imagine the questions:

"On a scale of infinity to infinity, how much does Bradford suck?"

"Are you deliberately trying to sabotage the Rams by keeping Bradford?"

"Why did you let Bradford eat my dog?"

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I thought the original point was to trash another internet forum, and therefore a group of fans, but I'll say no more.

I deleted a post I felt was disrespectful to Kevin.

Even if he doesn't read our forum to see this topic... That's not happening here.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yep. @kdemoff is in a tough position with all the relocation talk. I personally think he has been as straight with the fans as he really could be in light of everything that is going on. And yes, he has been a pretty damn good man in his real job with our Rams. I might add that KD forewarned us that things would get uglier as this whole stadium issue unfolded.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yep. @kdemoff is in a tough position with all the relocation talk. I personally think he has been as straight with the fans as he really could be in light of everything that is going on. And yes, he has been a pretty damn good man in his real job with our Rams. I might add that KD forewarned us that things would get uglier as this whole stadium issue unfolded.

Couldn't have said it better.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I deleted a post disrespectful to Kevin.

Even if he doesn't read our forum to see this topic... That's not happening here.
Thank you. Hopefully the rest of our members get how tough of a situation KD is in but also that he has been a real stand up guy with us fans and has come on here to answer questions on multiple occasions. I know this board really appreciates him. And I also know that he reads the comments on this site as well as the PD. I hope he actually enjoys his time here.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Attachments

• baby sam.JPG
    baby sam.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 120

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't feel sorry for Kevin because he really doesn't care what some internet lunatics think about him. Fact is the dude is good at his job, it is readily apparent. He has a bright future and I am very happy to see him with our Rams.

From Kroenke on down this is an elite organization now. The world just doesn't know it yet because the wins haven't really started. It is stable with a long-term view on things, has a good eye for talent in the draft, and is a great OC hire away from glory. IMO.

Honestly I couldn't be happier with this team, which is weird to say coming off a 6 win season.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
RamStalk is like that car wreck you saw driving home.....You're so thankful you're not involved but still can't stop staring.

Demoff's not sweating a bunch of poo flingers.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I too think Demoff has been doing a great job managing our cap space. Things aren't as grim cap wise as people think as far as the money is concerned. Too bad some people just feel the need to randomly point fingers.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
RamStalk is like that car wreck you saw driving home.....You're so thankful you're not involved but still can't stop staring.

Demoff's not sweating a bunch of poo flingers.

Well that's definitely one way to put it.

I like it

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'll tell you this much. KD reads this site.

And because of that,,, he hooked me up with field passes in Tampon the year before last.

MAHALO KD

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
He's in a tough spot. He's trying to keep as much local interest as possible without tipping his Stan's hand. He seems to do a good job with the community in STL and he is on point with the Cap. I hope he is around the organization for a while.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I've had the pleasure of being able to attend a handful of the Season Ticket luncheons over the years, and was invited to one of the "invite only" OTA events they held for selected STH. I have had my share of conversations with K. Demoff, and I can tell you no one is more committed to this organization than he is.

As soon as the "top tier" issue became a hot topic, he would get bombarded with questions pertaining to the stadium situation. Even back then, if you were paying attention, he shared a lot more than he needed to, but that has always been his style. He sincerely believes that the fans who support this organization are part of the "Rams family", and he was as candid as he could be at these events. When he says he "doesn't know", or its too soon to discuss something, I have always given him the benefit of the doubt.

He told a group 3 years ago, that he could foresee an open air stadium being the preference of the organization. Maybe it was him just sharing HIS opinion, or maybe he was giving us some insight behind the scenes as far back as then.

I respect Kevin for the job he does, not just in his role of VP of Football Operation/COO, but for being the mouthpiece of the organization in what has been a very difficult decade.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
It takes intelligence and restraint to take someone to task without resorting to insults and name-calling. Without moderation some sites devolve into that. It's the nature of the beast.

If someone on this site has a valid criticism of Kevin Demoff they are free to post it because the members here know how to go about doing that without crossing the line. Since he's a member here as well, he may even respond. My guess is that the man is caught between a rock and a hard place and is doing the best he can.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
My guess is, this is the part of the job that KD could do without. Having to be Kroenke's mouthpiece.