Wow...Raiders firing Allen already

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Since 2001, that's how this team has been run.

Any time anyone wants to bring in a new coach every 3 years or so, just look at Oakland and see what it accomplishes.
Except of course there are guys you can clearly see after that period are in over their heads ,I think going 7-9 last year with Kellen Clemens instead of Sam proved Fisher can handle adversity and turn a season around with mid year adjustments.
But with the Raiders ,they keep trying to find another Gruden instead of going for a guy with a good or average track record as a HC who has learned form mistakes.
They should seriously consider Martz, he'd at least make that team interesting again, if in deed the rumor is true.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Except of course there are guys you can clearly see after that period are in over their heads ,I think going 7-9 last year with Kellen Clemens instead of Sam proved Fisher can handle adversity and turn a season around with mid year adjustments.
But with the Raiders ,they keep trying to find another Gruden instead of going for a guy with a good or average track record as a HC who has learned form mistakes.
They should seriously consider Martz, he'd at least make that team interesting again, if in deed the rumor is true.
Exactly - I bet all my ROD dollars that they try and hire Gase from Denver
Jackson is gonna get another chance at that HC job this upcoming year for sure

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Yeah and then they fire him Fox retires and Denver hires him and wins two SB's like Shanahan did:ROFLMAO:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
What rumor? .... that the Raiders want to hire Martz? Didn't they interview him last yr for their OC position?

It would be interesting to see Jackson with a competent front office.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
What rumor? .... that the Raiders want to hire Martz? Didn't they interview him last yr for their OC position?

It would be interesting to see Jackson with a competent front office.
The one in the thread title ,it's not being reported that Allen IS being fired ,so until he is it's a rumor

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Prior to the London game their was a "Rumor" That something might happen to Allen IF he didn't Win. I think these, so called reports, are just the same rumor being perpetuated!

fearsomefour

Legend
As for hiring Martz, who knows....and who knows if he would even be interested. Makes sense with a young capable QB however.
I think there will a temp HC for the rest of the season and Oakland will make a big push to hire Gruden this offseason....and might succeed.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Martz has made it pretty clear he is staying retired and while plenty of coaches say that then come back if he was gonna do it he is WAY to smart to go to Oakland.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
The one in the thread title ,it's not being reported that Allen IS being fired ,so until he is it's a rumor
Okay.

As you mentioned Martz in your post, I thought there might also be a rumor involving Mike as a possible replacement. But I don't think he'd take the gig.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Martz has made it pretty clear he is staying retired and while plenty of coaches say that then come back if he was gonna do it he is WAY to smart to go to Oakland.
I get the sense that Martz would come back to coaching for one team...

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't say the Rams or I will have username dickpunch you. :LOL:
lol...I didn't say we should bring him back, I'm just saying there is only one team he WOULD come back to coach. I've seen him at a few of the games in the past couple years and the way he talks about the team. He definitely holds the Rams close to him.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
lol...I didn't say we should bring him back, I'm just saying there is only one team he WOULD come back to coach. I've seen him at a few of the games in the past couple years and the way he talks about the team. He definitely holds the Rams close to him.

Oddfly enough the guy who kept telling people "this is a special time and place" was probably the one who appreciated it the least. I think he is nostalgic for that magic.

I don't like Martz, but I've been saying for years that todays NFL has his finger prints on it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I know I shouldn't be surprised, but this is seriously just comical!

You'd have thought that with the old man biting the dust his son would be a bit more stable with the team...guess not! Raiders fans have to hope and pray Davis sells this team at some point.
My uncle was a business partner of Weird Al's. He was telling me last year that the son is so much trying to outshine his dad that he can't get out of his own way. From what he says, I'd guess the Raiduhs are in a way less stable position now with Junior running the show.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Sure, there are cases like *coughlinnycough* but before it gets to that point you gotta let the team be built first, and enough time for the players to be coached up.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I can't think of anything that would rekindle may passion for the Rams more than a MM's return to the organization. I never had a single complain about him or the way he coached. What I saw is someone confident enough in himself to throw-out conventional "wisdom" in order to try something new and innovative. I've always had the utmost respect for that approach.

Since 2001, that's how this team has been run.

Any time anyone wants to bring in a new coach every 3 years or so, just look at Oakland and see what it accomplishes.

Which of the HCs fired by Oakland should they have kept which would have made them a winning team at this point in time?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Which of the HCs fired by Oakland should they have kept which would have made them a winning team at this point in time?

Bill Callahan
Tom Cable
Hue Jackson

All three of those guys proved they could win. Unless there's some other issue I'm not aware of. I know Tom Cable had anger issues, but still, 8-8 and made them competitive.

Art Shell was a mistake, and so was Lane Kiffin.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
OC of the undefeated Bengals.

And doing one hell of a job....Fisher interviewed back in 2012, but went with Shottenheimer instead much to the disdain of everyone.