Wow...Raiders firing Allen already

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
The Associated Press reports the Raiders will fire coach Dennis Allen.

Reporter Terry Collins is not a typical Rotoworld source, but the AP has stringent standards. Per Collins, an announcement may not be made until Tuesday. It would be bizarre for a team to go two days between deciding to fire a coach and announcing it, but this is the Raiders, and the team is still in London following Sunday's shellacking. Allen hasn't done anything to suggest he's the man to lead the Raiders out of the mire, but anyone who's followed the situation knows GM Reggie McKenzie's persistently disastrous personnel decisions are the real problem in Oakland. Allen would be a textbook scapegoat for his boss' failings. The Raiders have been the worst-run team in football for over a decade, and there's no light at the end of the tunnel.

RamsFan14

Starter
What's there to be surprised at?! This is the Raiders front office we are talking about!

In all seriousness now, I can't count how many head coaches they've had in the last 7 years... But man it's lot!

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What's there to be surprised at?! This is the Raiders front office we are talking about!

In all seriousness now, I can't count how many head coaches they've had in the last 7 years... But man it's lot!
I know I shouldn't be surprised, but this is seriously just comical!

You'd have thought that with the old man biting the dust his son would be a bit more stable with the team...guess not! Raiders fans have to hope and pray Davis sells this team at some point.

209RamsFan

Nice.....they just set themselves back another 5yrs....sorry-ass chokeland faiders

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
It's nice knowing there will always be a franchise ran worse than yours no matter how bad things get lol

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
So is McKenzie impatient, or is this being prudent? See, I look at the Raiders today, and see some good players but they're getting blown out after I turn away for a sec. Seriously, somebody on the team must be saying something like Allen is clueless...something...probably one of those vets...telling the GM everything....

cracengl

Rookie
I know I shouldn't be surprised, but this is seriously just comical!

You'd have thought that with the old man biting the dust his son would be a bit more stable with the team...guess not! Raiders fans have to hope and pray Davis sells this team at some point.
They are a bit more stable. He got more than a year!

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Wow. It's sad as much as comical. I have a buddy who is a big Raider fan and we have sort of an ongoing debate as to who is in more pain.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Should have never fired Hue Jackson. As shitty of an idea as the Palmer trade was, Mark Davis has only himself to blame for that. He shouldn't have given the HC that sort of power. Still, Hue Jackson managed to make the Raiders competitive. Should have stuck with him and hired a legit GM.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Should have never fired Hue Jackson. As crappy of an idea as the Palmer trade was, Mark Davis has only himself to blame for that. He shouldn't have given the HC that sort of power. Still, Hue Jackson managed to make the Raiders competitive. Should have stuck with him and hired a legit GM.
You mentioned Hue before. What's he doing now?

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
You mentioned Hue before. What's he doing now?
OC of a very good bengals team. I too was pissed when the Rams passed on him for Schotty. I deferred to the experts that get paid to make those decisions though

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I thought I read somewhere that the AP admitted that the report was premature. Checked espn and nfl.com, nothing. Even Shefter tweeted: "Please disregard my recent tweet about the Raiders. These rumors haven't been confirmed by the AP. I'm sorry."

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
If the report comes true, what coach would be jumping to take over that train wreck? The job of turning around a sub-par team knowing that you will be quickly axed if you fail shouldn't be very alluring.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Classy organization. They could at least let the man back to America before they fired him.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It's his third year. 4-12 then 4-12 then 0-4 and looking like shit.

That gets you fired in the NFL.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Since 2001, that's how this team has been run.

Any time anyone wants to bring in a new coach every 3 years or so, just look at Oakland and see what it accomplishes.