Wow! Only 1 game left this season!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Why does the nfl season always fly by so fast. Now it's 8 months until the Rams preseason starts. Way too long of a wait. Why can't the NFL be as annoying as baseball or basketball, who seemingly have 6 month seasons or more, and a million games to play each season.

:(

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Because everyone would be crippled by the 31st game.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
Let's just hope that next year week 17 will not be the end of the the season for us again.We have way to much talent to not improve we just need a QB and 2 o-lineman that can play all year.¡

Sum1

Hall of Fame
The football season always seems to fly by...glad I enjoy watching hockey and baseball almost as much though. A good hockey season will get me to baseball season...a good baseball season tides me over until football season.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Still a month of playoff football! Should be memorable!

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The football season always seems to fly by...glad I enjoy watching hockey and baseball almost as much though. A good hockey season will get me to baseball season...a good baseball season tides me over until football season.
You're lucky. I won't (can't) watch any sport but football. So for 8 months each year I'm sports starved.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It would be cool to have like a sister NFL wherein all the teams sent their practice squad players and a dozen undrafted free agents to compete with other teams for a couple of months. It would give you a much better view of your reserves. The logistics are just difficult to figure out. Where to play, how much to pay, what to play for, etc.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're lucky. I won't (can't) watch any sport but football. So for 8 months each year I'm sports starved.

Try watching the nrl, a rugby league comp in Australia. Very physical like the nfl with alot of big hits. It starts in March and ends in September. Perfect timing. These are the only two sports I watch.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
can't believe how fast this whole year went.. it's a blur. The fact that it's Christmas today is still blowing my mind :eek:

Alan

Legend
It was just the precursor of better things to come next year. Even if we don't find a great QB solution.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
It would be cool to have like a sister NFL wherein all the teams sent their practice squad players and a dozen undrafted free agents to compete with other teams for a couple of months. It would give you a much better view of your reserves. The logistics are just difficult to figure out. Where to play, how much to pay, what to play for, etc.
Man, I've heard of something like that before...
09000d5d8160fc74.jpeg

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I thought that was going to end up being the CFL but it never really developed like that. Too bad there needs to be a system to develop players since college isn't getting it done any more, especially with QBs.

And FWIW if you count preseason the NFL does last or 6 months.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave

I've always wanted the same thing. They should make an NFL developmental league starting off of about 6-8 teams. These teams can be composed of practice squad players and free agents trying to make it into the league. The rules and everything would be the exact same as the NFL. Have this developmental league start its season the week after the super bowl. I would definitely watch it and I'm sure most football fans would too. A lot more than people who watch arena league. I would be all for it. As long as it is football, I would tune in.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Every year I tell myself hat I won't be following the post season activity so closely and every year I am wrong. I spend way too much time on it.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And FWIW if you count preseason the NFL does last or 6 months.
Yeah but, if you don't count preseason (which are not the most exciting thing ever, but i'll take them over nothing being the alternative) and you're a Rams fan, then for the last decade the NFL season only lasts 4 months. :(

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
Yeah but, if you don't count preseason (which are not the most exciting thing ever, but i'll take them over nothing being the alternative) and you're a Rams fan, then for the last decade the NFL season only lasts 4 months. :([/QU
Super Bowl Feb. 1st.
NFL Combine Feb. 17-23.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Expand the league to 36 teams, 20 weeks of games with two byes. Much more than that would kill the players off too quickly and leave us nothing to look forward to each season. Start the season the same time as now but extend it to the end of February.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
I have been introduced to Rugby and that is played March through until August. Brutal sport that the New Zealand guys seem to dominate

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I have been introduced to Rugby and that is played March through until August. Brutal sport that the New Zealand guys seem to dominate
Don't you love the pregame standoff? All the taunting like raging bulls is hilarious.