Wow - ESPN Power Rankings - Really?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
They are just ESPeeN' on the Rams, like my wife likes to say...

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Their brand of sensationalism is waning... people don't want to hear a bunch of nobodies trying to make news by saying stuff that is as outrageous as possible.

Well, I can think of a couple of talking heads on TV and radio news programs that have a rabid following largely because their listeners will believe anything they say. Same goes for all the TV prosperity preachers.

But... ESPN's purpose in life is to be profitable by selling advertising time based on drawing viewers who are attracted to their brand of sensationalized sports broadcasting. Their programming is staged like pro wrestling or a soap opera; flashing lights and graphics, loud music and scripted, fake debates about the pros and cons of a match-up. Some people like that stuff, others like me see through it as a waste of time. I take nothing seriously from ESPN. Their rankings, their opinions, even their praise means nothing to me because they have no credibility.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Is Peter King still massaging the Brady/Cheatriots' nuts ???

Does a bear shit in the woods? :sneaky:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/03/week-four-power-rankings-7/

Week Four power rankings
Posted by Mike Foolio on October 3, 2017

1. Chiefs (4-0; No. 1): How does this team ever lose any game at Arrowhead Stadium?

2. Bills (3-1; No. 11): You want respect, LeSean? Here’s your respect.

3. Falcons (3-1; No. 3): At least the Chick-fil-A workers didn’t have to witness this one.

4. Packers (3-1; No. 4): They should trade for Adrian Peterson before the Vikings do.

5. Steelers (3-1; No. 8): Antonio Brown 1, Gatorade cooler, 0. Barely.

6. Panthers (3-1; No. 17): You want respect, Cam? Here’s your respect.

7. Broncos (3-1; No. 12): Put Joe Woods at the top of the list of 2018 coaching candidates.

8. Lions (3-1; No. 9): Put Jim Bob Cooter at the top of the list of 2018 coaching candidates (if he decides on a first name).

9. Eagles (3-1; No. 13): It’s a good thing the Browns didn’t think Carson Wentz would be good.

10. Texans (2-2; No. 22): It’s a good thing the Browns didn’t think Deshaun Watson would be good.

11. Redskins (2-2; No. 6): It’s a good thing the Browns didn’t try to trade for Kirk Cousins.

12. Patriots (2-2; No. 2): Maybe it would be a good thing to trade Jimmy Garoppolo to the Browns.

13. Rams (3-1; No. 18): In the Fight for L.A., it’s a first-round TKO.

14. Cowboys (2-2; No. 5): The Cowboys know how to build a lead; they now have to figure out how to hold a lead.

15. Raiders (2-2; No. 7): So much for being a Team of Destiny — unless the destiny is to not make the playoffs.

16. Titans (2-2; No. 10): Typically, a Dick LeBeau defense doesn’t give up that many points in a month.

17. Seahawks (2-2; No. 16): Save some of those points for future games, guys.

18. Vikings (2-2; No. 14): The Vikings don’t need a running back; they need an exorcist.

19. Buccaneers (2-1; No. 21): On Thursday night, Jameis Winston gets another chance to become a franchise quarterback.

20. Jaguars (2-2; No. 15): This team is doing its helmet justice.

21. Saints (2-2; No. 23): Of all the teams that started 0-2, this could be the one that could make it to the playoffs.

22. Cardinals (2-2; No. 25): It always feels like Carson Palmer is one hit away from literally disintegrating.

23. Dolphins (1-2; No. 19): Cutler was just trying to figure out if “Wildcat” is a new brand of cigarette.

24. Jets (2-2; No. 26): The supposed worst team in the league isn’t even the worst team in New York.

25. Ravens (2-2; No. 20): It’s almost time to hit the reset button.

26. Bengals (1-3; No. 31): When told the Bengals beat the second best team in Ohio, some said in response, “They played the Buckeyes?”

27. Bears (1-3; No. 24): Once upon a time, a rookie quarterback whose last name started with “T” led the Vikings to a win over the Bears. It’s now payback time. Fixty-six years later.

28. Chargers (0-4; No. 27): They’re quickly becoming the Washington Generals of the NFL.

29. Colts (1-3; No. 28): Why do I have a weird feeling that this team could still win the division?

30. Giants (0-4; No. 29): Fee fi fo fuuuuuuuuuuudge.

31. 49ers (0-4; No. 32): Horseshoes, Hand grenades, Hoyer.

32. Browns (0-4; No. 30): They say there’s no rift between the coaching staff and the front office. How bad would this team be if there were one?

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Do people still watch ESPN? I get what I need to known from the NFL Network.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
Do people still watch ESPN? I get what I need to known from the NFL Network.

If I wanted to watch social justice political commentary I'd turn on msnbc. Instead I go to the internet for sports information.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
screen-shot-2017-03-23-at-1-40-41-pm.png

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
This is exactly why I don't watch/listen to much on "the four-letter network" regarding much of anything. I can't remember the last time I read anything off their website, other than to get some scores during the weekend. IMO, they have gotten too big for themselves by thinking fans will stop to listen to everything they have to say (cue the E.F. Hutton ad for you old guys.) I can't even stand to watch Sports Center much anymore because of the "insider" talk in between hi-lights. This network is only good for watching games, when they have the right announcers, otherwise it's utter garbage.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
So, you cannot make this stuff up ...

Going into Week 4, ESPN had the Rams ranked #16, which seemed reasonable, given our SOS and the close game with the 49'ers.

So in Week 4, what do we do? We go into Dallas, and beat the Cowboys.

Where does ESPN rank us after the victory?

16th! No joke, no kidding, dead serious. We didn't move up at all. As a matter of fact, in their commentary, all they did was trash our run defense.

Cowboys of course, are still ranked ahead of us at 12.

Seahawks beat a terrible Indy team, and they move from 12 to 6. No mention of their terrible run defense.

How do these idiots have jobs? It's a serious question ...
I just read this at ESPN and was coming over to pot this^, Glad you beat me to it!! What a Laugher!! Apparently our Defenses poor Run Defense is the reason for the ranking to stay at 16th!!:rolllaugh:

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Well, I can think of a couple of talking heads on TV and radio news programs that have a rabid following largely because their listeners will believe anything they say. Same goes for all the TV prosperity preachers.

But... ESPN's purpose in life is to be profitable by selling advertising time based on drawing viewers who are attracted to their brand of sensationalized sports broadcasting. Their programming is staged like pro wrestling or a soap opera; flashing lights and graphics, loud music and scripted, fake debates about the pros and cons of a match-up. Some people like that stuff, others like me see through it as a waste of time. I take nothing seriously from ESPN. Their rankings, their opinions, even their praise means nothing to me because they have no credibility.
I watch monday night football and that is all.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
ESPN's such a digital whore that the mobile site crashes due to all the auto play movie ads.

It's a list. How hard is it in 2017 to post a list online that doesn't crash?

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Just more rams hate ! Let's see how they are ranked next week at 4-1 .
Everyone at espn wants this team to fail so the " professional analyst " Don't look stupid.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Does a bear crap in the woods? :sneaky:

Week Four power rankings

1. Chiefs (4-0; No. 1): How does this team ever lose any game at Arrowhead Stadium?

3. Falcons (3-1; No. 3): At least the Chick-fil-A workers didn’t have to witness this one.

4. Packers (3-1; No. 4): They should trade for Adrian Peterson before the Vikings do.

7. Broncos (3-1; No. 12): Put Joe Woods at the top of the list of 2018 coaching candidates.

8. Lions (3-1; No. 9): Put Jim Bob Cooter at the top of the list of 2018 coaching candidates (if he decides on a first name).

9. Eagles (3-1; No. 13): It’s a good thing the Browns didn’t think Carson Wentz would be good.

10. Texans (2-2; No. 22): It’s a good thing the Browns didn’t think Deshaun Watson would be good.

11. Redskins (2-2; No. 6): It’s a good thing the Browns didn’t try to trade for Kirk Cousins.

12. Patriots (2-2; No. 2): Maybe it would be a good thing to trade Jimmy Garoppolo to the Browns.

14. Cowboys (2-2; No. 5): The Cowboys know how to build a lead; they now have to figure out how to hold a lead.

15. Raiders (2-2; No. 7): So much for being a Team of Destiny — unless the destiny is to not make the playoffs.

16. Titans (2-2; No. 10): Typically, a Dick LeBeau defense doesn’t give up that many points in a month.

18. Vikings (2-2; No. 14): The Vikings don’t need a running back; they need an exorcist.

19. Buccaneers (2-1; No. 21): On Thursday night, Jameis Winston gets another chance to become a franchise quarterback.

21. Saints (2-2; No. 23): Of all the teams that started 0-2, this could be the one that could make it to the playoffs.

22. Cardinals (2-2; No. 25): It always feels like Carson Palmer is one hit away from literally disintegrating.

23. Dolphins (1-2; No. 19): Cutler was just trying to figure out if “Wildcat” is a new brand of cigarette.

24. Jets (2-2; No. 26): The supposed worst team in the league isn’t even the worst team in New York.

26. Bengals (1-3; No. 31): When told the Bengals beat the second best team in Ohio, some said in response, “They played the Buckeyes?”

27. Bears (1-3; No. 24): Once upon a time, a rookie quarterback whose last name started with “T” led the Vikings to a win over the Bears. It’s now payback time. Fixty-six years later.

28. Chargers (0-4; No. 27): They’re quickly becoming the Washington Generals of the NFL.

29. Colts (1-3; No. 28): Why do I have a weird feeling that this team could still win the division?

32. Browns (0-4; No. 30): They say there’s no rift between the coaching staff and the front office. How bad would this team be if there were one?

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Does a bear crap in the woods? :sneaky:

Week Four power rankings

I read this wrong..
I thought it had the Bills at #2..I must have burned out an iris in one of my eyes staring at the eclipse..

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I saw NFL live segment today on theurvrankings. Wingo & Riddick took issue with that. Wingo pointed out how can the Seahawks jump 6 spots for beating the Colts, while both the Bills and Rams stayed in the same spot as last week after beating good trams on the road.

Its all about expectations at this point.