Wow. Check out this Comcast Cancellation Call

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Wow.
I would have hung up and called back for another rep.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
lololol that was hilarious. I'm lucky I live in an area I don't' have to deal with Comcast or Time Warner. Best part...

"So you're not interested in the fastest internet in the country."

"Nope."

Although I feel that guy is being forced to do all this, that's part of his job.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Charter is like this too. They tried to tell me if I didn't know my security pin, which I didn't even know existed, I couldn't disconnect my service. They didn't enjoy when I went in face to face with their equipment.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
Although I feel that guy is being forced to do all this, that's part of his job.

Totally.

Dude is obviously nuts, but there's no way that isn't fostered by a culture of insanity. He's rewarded for calls where he has the exact same tone and verbiage and the result is that the customer gives in and stays with Comcast. And you know it happens because everyone's been on a call like that and they wouldn't do it if it didn't work.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Charter is like this too. They tried to tell me if I didn't know my security pin, which I didn't even know existed, I couldn't disconnect my service. They didn't enjoy when I went in face to face with their equipment.
Yep. Charter tried to tell me I had to write them a letter in order to cancel and that they couldn't do it on the phone - even though I knew they could. After spending about 15 minutes on the phone with her, she had an epiphany and said there was a "loophole" she could use to "initiate" cancelation. She couldn't give me a confirmation number. About two weeks later I received a shut-off notice. o_O I called to let them know that I had cancelled the service. They supposedly had no record of my call. They ended up billing me for almost two months worth of internet before actually cutting off the service. When I refused to pay, they just sent it to collections. I will NEVER do business with that company again. But at least they send me junk mail almost every day and in multiples.

To this day, it is the only negative mark on my credit. Assholes. I even disputed it and they denied it. Fuck them.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Yep. Charter tried to tell me I had to write them a letter in order to cancel and that they couldn't do it on the phone - even though I knew they could. After spending about 15 minutes on the phone with her, she had an epiphany and said there was a "loophole" she could use to "initiate" cancelation. She couldn't give me a confirmation number. About two weeks later I received a shut-off notice. o_O I called to let them know that I had cancelled the service. They supposedly had no record of my call. They ended up billing me for almost two months worth of internet before actually cutting off the service. When I refused to pay, they just sent it to collections. I will NEVER do business with that company again. But at least they send me junk mail almost every day and in multiples.

To this day, it is the only negative mark on my credit. Assholes. I even disputed it and they denied it. freak them.

I still use their internet because of speed availability where I live but if any company ups their speeds, I'm gone.

My hate for Charter runs wide and deep. No telling how many fights I've had with them.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I still use their internet because of speed availability where I live but if any company ups their speeds, I'm gone.

My hate for Charter runs wide and deep. No telling how many fights I've had with them.
It was weird. Their speed was great at times but it would just stop working. And it wasn't just my house. It was pretty much everyone I talked to. Cruising along just fine then nothing for like a half hour at a time. They were a little faster than the phone company but not enough to put up with that crap. Then after the cancellation debacle, I don't care how fast they are. They won't get another dime from me.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I have Time Warner at the moment, but Google Fiber (1 GB/s) is being deployed in Austin. It will be a while before they get to my neighborhood, but when they do I'm going to drop Time Warner like a used condom. G-d I freakin' hate them.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

To this day, it is the only negative mark on my credit. Assholes. I even disputed it and they denied it. freak them.

I had the exact same issue with Comcast here in FL.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I have Time Warner at the moment, but Google Fiber (1 GB/s) is being deployed in Austin. It will be a while before they get to my neighborhood, but when they do I'm going to drop Time Warner like a used condom. G-d I freakin' hate them.

LOL at the analogy.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I got the same thing from Direct TV when I tried to cancel NFL Package so I could negotiate a new deal. The guy did all he could to make sure they didn't lose business. Instead of giving me NFL package at half price he tried to give me an upgrade DVR and half price NFL package that would cancel out any deficit of income. So I paid the same and got a better DVR. That guy was relentless and I think he realized that I didn't really want to drop the NFL package.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I blame the corporation. These employees are under strict bullshit guidelines and if they don't follow protocol their jobs are on the line. Having said that this guy is an extreme case, obviously
Same reason why when you go through the checkouts at retail locations you're harassed by employees trying to suggestive sell....so the company can grab extra sales...even if it's intrusive to the customer. Todays sales and marketing strategies are so far out of touch with reality when you consider the old saying that "the customer is always right."