Wouldn't it be nice to have a timeline?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
In regards to someone actually coming in to interview?

It's killin me man...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Watch them bump up Ray Sherman. He's been a coordinator in Pittsburgh and with Carrol and the Jets.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I may be grasping at straws, but are coordinator hires subject to the Rooney Rule? If so, they might have a problem finding a minority candidate willing to interview.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Maybe we're waiting to see who our QB1 will be? Any legs to that theory?

FRO

Legend
Plot twist: Bernie named as OC
If that were the case he would call 2 plays. If it worked he would take credit. If it failed he would say he called a different play. If questioned he would answer like Marshawn Lynch.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Would Coach Bernie ban people from his press conferences for asking him questions he had a hard time answering?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yeah, too many crickets for a franchise that does not have the luxury of "stayin pat". Almost an arrogant way about a club that has been as bad as our beloved Rams. Maybe they just don't have any realistic options.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I may be grasping at straws, but are coordinator hires subject to the Rooney Rule? If so, they might have a problem finding a minority candidate willing to interview.
I think it's just head coaching jobs.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

I think it's just head coaching jobs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ney-rule-will-not-be-extended-to-coordinators

This is from March of 2013.

The NFL will not extend the "Rooney Rule" to the hiring of offensive and defensive coordinators, Commissioner Roger Goodell announced Tuesday at the NFL Annual Meeting in Phoenix.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ney-rule-will-not-be-extended-to-coordinators

This is from March of 2013.

The NFL will not extend the "Rooney Rule" to the hiring of offensive and defensive coordinators, Commissioner Roger Goodell announced Tuesday at the NFL Annual Meeting in Phoenix.
OK, thanks for confirmation.

The Wikipedia entry on the Rooney Rule said it applied to head coaching and "senior football operations" jobs... I wondered if that included coordinators. I guess it means more like GMs though...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
With this hold up I am guessing that there are some playoff coaches that Fisher wants to talk to before making a decision. I am holding out hope that Chud is his main target.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
With this hold up I am guessing that there are some playoff coaches that Fisher wants to talk to before making a decision. I am holding out hope that Chud is his main target.
This is what I've been thinking.