Would You

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Would You Trade Austin for Patterson

• Yes

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • No

Votes: 26 74.3%

• Total voters

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
With our inability to get Austin properly involved and Minnesotas same issue with Patterson...my question is this...would you consider a straight up trade. Just a change of scenery.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I think you must always consider a trade if a team wants to open legitimate negotiations.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
No, I don't think so.

I think if you could trade the scenario in which they were drafted perhaps. Meaning, if we would have stayed with out original draft position and drafted Patterson rather than trading down to get Austin. But that didn't happen and it looks like Austin and the Rams use of him is starting to come around some.

I also think that we (and greatly by myself) had a bit of a knee-jerk to how Patterson was looking at the beginning of the year compared to Austin. At this point, I don't think there is any reason to believe Patterson is going to be the better player just yet.

I'd stick with Austin...I think his speed is better and can be utilized in more ways.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
A few months ago I would have said hell yeah.
But now, I'm not so enthusiastic about that proposition.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
No. Right now Austin is more productive, and has a better attitude. It was an issue of touches and not production in the 1st half.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I'd still much rather the Rams find the way to use the talented player they have.

And I would be shocked if the Rams were even considering an Austin trade despite how much it gets talked about in Internet fandom. I think at least some didn't like the pick and are pushing for a sideways way to be "proven" right about it even if it's not best for the team.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Tavon is getting more involved... and he's a threat to score every time he touches the ball.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I dont think so but for DeAndre Hopkins, who they should have drafted instead, heck ya

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Straight up, I love Austin and I'm really excited about his potential as a Ram.
That said, if it could be a straight swap I think I would.
I really do like the size/speed combination of Patterson. I think he's a bigger more intimidating Tavon. His impact on ST is just as great, and I think if the Vikings force fed him like the Rams have (finally) started with Tavon, they'd see a similar impact.

But I honestly really like Tavon and I'm ecstatic that he's starting to show up in the game. I wish they'd have done this from the get go.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We are just now finding a few ways to get him loose, so No!

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I can't imagine a world where this would happen...Both teams basically admitting a mistaken pick and that it can be fixed by trading for essentially the same guy?

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I wouldn't trade Tavon to anyone. The guy is lighting in a bottle just waiting for the right play calls.

Let him run deeper routes. Force teams to keep up with his speed and throw him the damn ball while in stride once in a while.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

why on earth would you want to trade tavon away? so much of the rams big plays revolve around the opposition worrying about him and leaving other options open.

i've said it before and i'll keep saying it, this isn't fantasy football. austin's worth to the team can't be measured in stats.