Would you trade for Josh Gordon?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Great Posts in general...And I didn't wanna quote it, but thanks for that Prime Time (say it like Berman of ESPN).....In that story it tells a clue, home life, background, where you're from.....it forms a kid....Nature vs nurture....And as an example, I'm pretty sure Titus Young was raised right, well not as bad as say the wr at Dallas....But he really seems, off. Calvin Johnson...wow, never was the best...Hard work...Solid parent...Doctor...

And I see no sympathy for addiction....No hope for redemption.....The kid isn't 25 yet, but it's over? Sad...
I bet a lot of people here have sympathy for the kid, it's tragic that he can't learn, but there are plenty of programs, tons of people to help, and he has every opportunity and incentive to do so, but speaking as a person who has a lot of experience with addicts, they will always be addicts, but they don't have to make the choice to drink, or smoke weed, or, whatever, it is a choice, and there is help. You can stop doing the self destruction, no matter the circumstance, and no matter how bad you have had it, or have it now. Plenty of well off rich kids are addicts.

There is always a choice, if you want to get better, and unfortunately, ultimately, it is up to the person to stop the behavior caused by the addiction. You can be forced into rehab, you can be told by the person that you trust the most in this world, but until you admit, and make a choice to change your life on your own, things will not change.

It is up to him.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Great Posts in general...And I didn't wanna quote it, but thanks for that Prime Time (say it like Berman of ESPN).....In that story it tells a clue, home life, background, where you're from.....it forms a kid....Nature vs nurture....And as an example, I'm pretty sure Titus Young was raised right, well not as bad as say the wr at Dallas....But he really seems, off. Calvin Johnson...wow, never was the best...Hard work...Solid parent...Doctor...

And I see no sympathy for addiction....No hope for redemption.....The kid isn't 25 yet, but it's over? Sad...
I have plenty of sympathy for the kid. I just don't want him anywhere near my team. No his life isn't over, but football is a business and wide receivers lose value fast as they approach the upper twenties.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yes I'd trade for him. I wouldn't hold my breath, but Gordon kicked ass my fantasy team last year.

He won't be kicking ass in your fantasy team this year LOL........he might be in your league, but he'll be playing in it.....literally LOL.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Count me as a nay vote too. Sometimes people can turn their life around... but it's very rare. And I think we'd be letting go of someone with talent and upside if we were to bring Gordon in.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I see what you're saying but his problem is this.......

It's been going on for years and he hasn't ever had to "pay the price". Now his problems are coming home to roost but he still isn't smart enough to do something, or get help.

That means he doesn't care, which makes a lot of us not care either. Especially because he has a chance to make millions upon millions of dollars over the next 7-10 years. When he decides to give a shit I'll do the same, until then he's just another loser IMO.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
7th round pick.

Josh Gordon, as much as the idiot he is, isn't a full on criminal.

Some current Rams have done the same thing he's done (Jo-Lonn Dunbar, Stedman Bailey, even Robert Quinn). If any of these guys do what they do again, they're in the same boat.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Remarkable...NO. This guy is almost Lawrence Phillips stupid..

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I going to say no. My reasoning is basically the same as my philosophy on how I schedule/hire my temporary labor. You can be the greatest worker in the world, but if you don't show up you are worthless to me. So Gordon may be great, but if he isn't on the field what difference does it make?

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I say no on trading for him. If he was a free agent I wouldn't mind them taking a one year deal on him much like Titus Young or Kenny Britt. If he doesn't work out, cut him. But no way am I trading anything for him.

Slappy967

Starter
I would trade 5 maybe 6 footballs for Josh Gordon. If the Browns wanted 7-8 I would say no deal. Seriously why would we make a run at a guy who is on his way out of the league permanently?

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would trade for Gordon without hesitation. IMO if you get a chance to acquire arguably the best WR in the nfl you take that chance and let the cards fall where they may

Athos

Legend
The dude is the Titanic. He spots trouble miles away and still crashes his ass into the giant friggen iceberg.

He's proving to be a sinking ship that's barely above water. Just let him sink.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
The dude is the Titanic. He spots trouble miles away and still crashes his ass into the giant friggen iceberg.

He's proving to be a sinking ship that's barely above water. Just let him sink.
Am I allowed to point out that the Titanic DIDN'T spot trouble miles away? ;)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Am I allowed to point out that the Titanic DIDN'T spot trouble miles away? ;)
Is that true? I didn't read a lot about the Titanic, but in the movie (yeah, I know), the Captain was warned about the speed of the ship in the waters they were traversing. So in this analogy, maybe Gordon is the Captain, and he just disregards warnings. We're gonna fit him in here somewhere before this night is over. lol.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Is that true? I didn't read a lot about the Titanic, but in the movie (yeah, I know), the Captain was warned about the speed of the ship in the waters they were traversing. So in this analogy, maybe Gordon is the Captain, and he just disregards warnings. We're gonna fit him in here somewhere before this night is over. lol.
You (and presumably Athos then) have a good point.

I was thinking of the fact that due to the sea being so amazingly calm that night, the lookouts didn't see any splashing around the base of the iceberg, and thus had no idea it was coming until it was too late to turn.

So basically, they had plenty of warning of POTENTIAL danger, but once that was ignored, they had zero warning of the real threat.

And I'm mainly going off the movie too, but it's generally credited as pretty good historically. The whole idea of the ship sucking down people with it aside.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
And I'm mainly going off the movie too, but it's generally credited as pretty good historically. The whole idea of the ship sucking down people with it aside.

Yeah, that actually happens with just about any ship that sinks. Creates a vacuum that sucks anything in a certain radius down with it. Awful way to go. One of the reasons why I can't stomach looking at the Titanic crash site pictures. It makes me physically ill, knowing that it's basically the grave of so many people.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Yeah, that actually happens with just about any ship that sinks. Creates a vacuum that sucks anything in a certain radius down with it. Awful way to go. One of the reasons why I can't stomach looking at the Titanic crash site pictures. It makes me physically ill, knowing that it's basically the grave of so many people.
Actually, I read there were survivors who simply stepped off the deck as it sank and that there was no suction.

But I have no handy link for that, so I could be wrong.