Would you sign Peyton Manning?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I just don't get all this we'd be screwed.

Injuries or not he's been healthier than Bradford has these past two seasons, no? I wonder how his current contract compares to Bradford's anyway.

Even if he buys us time to draft our quarterback of the future, and elevates the play of the rest of the team, it's still a good choice.

Of course, it would demand that we upgrade our offensive line, and I am absolutely fine with that.

I see no screwed here.

BD-TomCat

Rookie
I love the idea. Bring in manning Draft 12 gage to learn behind him and Bradford be mannings back up for next year. Draft DGB and we would be a playoff team next year. Manning would use tavon like Welker and he would show Quick and DGB How to play like DT. He wouldnt have the problems he had in Denver because we are a dome team and thats where he needs to play.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
What if Gase gets the 49er job and HE signs Manning?

As for the Rams? I'd sign him in a minute. Better chance he plays 16 then Bradford
I'm not so sure about that. Manning is fighting Father time. Sam is fighting a bad knee and ludicrous bad luck. Either way, if either went down the result is still the same. Shit creek.

If Bradford was let go and Manning brought in I'd want an equal amount of insurance. I just don't think Peyton has much left in the tank.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
If we actually sign Manning, I expect this in his interview

jeff-fisher-peyton-manning-jersey.jpg

But in a Rams jersey of course ;)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
At this point I would sign Archie Manning always wanted to play for the Rams when I was a lad.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I just don't get all this we'd be screwed.

Injuries or not he's been healthier than Bradford has these past two seasons, no? I wonder how his current contract compares to Bradford's anyway.

Even if he buys us time to draft our quarterback of the future, and elevates the play of the rest of the team, it's still a good choice.

Of course, it would demand that we upgrade our offensive line, and I am absolutely fine with that.

I see no screwed here.

Bradford has 13 million in salary and Peyton is due 19 million in salary for 2015.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
Is it all about QB with you? There's 42 other starters on the field.

What does Grossman have to do with Manning? Was Grossman on that top-notch defense Manning had to face? A ring is a ring is a ring. Disputing that and trying to trivialize it just adds to the ridiculousness. It's like quicksand... the harder you fight it the more you sink.

K.

getting back on topic.. like I said, I'd rather develop our own guy then rent a broken down Manning for a year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
K.

getting back on topic.. like I said, I'd rather develop our own guy then rent a broken down Manning for a year.

Okay. And what guy is that?

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
Okay. And what guy is that?

whoever we draft or if we pickup one of the young guys in FA like Glennon in your examples..

honestly I'd rather go with Bradford over Manning too just cause I wanna see him succeed so bad.. and do it in a Rams uniform

MrMotes

Starter
http://www.theonion.com/articles/re...&utm_campaign=Pic:1:Default&recirc=super-bowl

Report: Peyton Manning Played Entire Season With 38-Year-Old Body

SPORTS NEWS IN BRIEFSportsFootballNFL FootballISSUE 51•02 • Jan 14, 2015
700.jpg

DENVER—After a lackluster performance in his team’s playoff loss to the Indianapolis Colts, reports emerged Wednesday that Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning played the entire 2014 season with a 38-year-old body. “Many had suspected something was wrong as Manning’s numbers dipped during the second half of the season, but he was able to hide the precise nature of his 38-year-old body from coaches, teammates, and the media,” said ESPN’s Adam Schefter, adding that the team’s midseason shift to a more run-heavy offense was made in an effort to keep the 14-time Pro Bowler from further aggravating his nearly-four-decades-old bones, tendons, and musculature. “Manning was often seen grimacing on the sidelines and was visibly frustrated at being hampered by a 38-year-old body during games. But the situation unfortunately only worsened as he tried to play through it.” Reached for comment, sources from the Broncos medical staff expressed pessimism over Manning’s future, warning that he will put himself at significant risk if he opts to play next season with a 39-year-old body.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
This is obviously a hypothetical but with John Fox out in Denver and the Broncos reportedly allowing Adam Gase to leave, if they were to cut Manning to save $19 million in order to retain their young FAs...would you sign him if you were the Rams?

Again, there's no evidence that they'll cut Manning or that he'd consider the Rams. I'm just wondering what people's opinions are.

I'd say yes if he'll sign for a reasonable salary. I realize the downside to Manning is that he only has one or two years left at most. And he could struggle next year if his skill-set further declines but if we get Manning from earlier on in 2014, we're a Super Bowl contender.

Plus, if we build up the OL and the run game, he won't be relied on as much.

Obviously, this only delays the inevitable...that we have to find a QB of the future.

Just had a conversation with a coworker about Manning, if he were willing to come in and compete with SB and sign at a reasonable salary, the Rams could fill OC and back up QB with 1 signing. Highly unlikely, but I can dream for another hr right?