Would you sign Peyton Manning?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Teran

UDFA
Montana took KC to the playoffs twice in his two years including the AFCCG in one year. Favre took Minnesota to the playoffs and the NFCCG in his first year. Doesn't sound too bad to me. ;)

And all of those teams were screwed for the next several years after. They weren't good enough to go all the way and they didn't plan for the future so they all peaked at early loss in playoffs as the best they could be.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
His OL in Indy was pretty bad the last few years. He gets rid of the ball around a half second faster than the average QB which tends to keep sacks down.
I don't remember Peyton ever playing behind a great oline.
He may be the greatest QB of all time.
He's played with bad defense's and ok olines for most of his career. He made the Colts upper management look Iike genius for over a decade.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
And all of those teams were screwed for the next several years after. They weren't good enough to go all the way and they didn't plan for the future so they all peaked at early loss in playoffs as the best they could be.
Those teams were screwed before Montana and Favre arrived.
We're talking about two Hall of Fame Qbs that are well deserving of the praise.
Peyton is within that same praise.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

So what...we're supposed to throw a chance at winning away next year in hopes of getting a QB so we aren't screwed?

And if, like this year, there's no QB available in our draft slot...then what?

I'll take the shots I have.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
If I was Manning, I wouldn't sign with the Rams, based on the OL

#berealbro
#staythecourse

Sappy113

Rookie
Sign him on as QB/OC, take care of two problems at once :p.

I'd do it, depending on the cap hit, then spend most of my picks/remaining cap space to really solidify the OL. Grab a QB to ride the bench for 2 years behind Manning in the 2nd/3rd this or next year. See where it leads. Since this is the Rams we're talking about, he'd probably lose a leg in pre-season, forcing us right back to Bradford.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What if Gase gets the 49er job and HE signs Manning?

As for the Rams? I'd sign him in a minute. Better chance he plays 16 then Bradford

lockdnram21

Legend
Lets just say im glad this want happen. Wold be the biggest mistake. Also Hes not built for our division

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pass...

He' won't come cheap and whatever money he commands is money the Rams can't put toward the future. Never like mortgaging the future for today... it rarely works.

I think he's breaking down, based on the times I watched him in the second half of this season.

He should retire... THEN, the Rams should hire him as QB coach!

ausmurp

Starter
Yes for sure. We can still draft qb of future like Broncos did when they drafted Oswieler. Peyton has never had a D as good as ours. Anyone who says no must love this losing season streak we have...crazy.

iced

This. There is, however, one thing that could prevent this. The Manning bros prefer to play in opposite conferences. That was why Eli didn't want to be drafted by San Diego, and why Peyton didn't take Seattle's offer.

i think that had to do with more of AJ Smith and SD's ownership then playing in different conferences...its nice it worked out that way,but i doubt that was cause going in...Archie's relationship with certain people was the catalyst there

fearsomefour

Legend
The downside would be his age, although, ironically he probably would have a better shot of staying on the field than Sam.
He would have to change the offense he was running. If you thought there was a 1 to 2 year window to win a title with Manning handing the ball off and the D dominating then, yeah, I would consider it. The fact that there is little chance he would change his game would mean ultimately no.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
For maybe 3 mil., and as a backup. If he beats Bradford out that's great. If not he has to accept backup role.
He hasn't had the velocity on his throws since late in the 2013 season. He never had it this year and he faded as the season went on. Maybe its his leg, but it looks like lack of arm strength from his neck injury. To me it looks it's almost a hand strength thing based on how the ball leaves his hand and how it floats.
He can still be a effective QB, but has to change his game to more dink and dunk. And with the house cleaning in Denver I don't see him coming back at 19 mil. Maybe for a lot less they bring him back.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
If we could fix the Oline, fit his salary in our budget, and still retain all our young talent coming up for extensions then I'm all for it. he doesn't have to throw it very far to hit tavon in stride and let him take it to the house.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
His OL in Indy was pretty bad the last few years. He gets rid of the ball around a half second faster than the average QB which tends to keep sacks down.

Thats true, you know he would do wonders for our WR'S too. I watched this video of WRs that worked with Peyton and they all said he upped their game and it was like having a coach on the field.

Robert

Rookie
I really think it wouldn't matter what qb you bring up everyone always finds something wrong and why it wouldn't work for the Rams. Manning is too cold cutler throws to many interception. Mariota can't play in a pro style offense. Winston isn't worth trading up for. Bradford is to injury prone. Screw it lets just stay with Shaun hill he is a better option then anyone listed above. playoffs 2015 here we come !!!!!