Would you rather...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[hil]Try to tackle Steven Jackson --[/hil]

StLouisRamsStevenJackson.jpg

OR

[hil]Get tackled by James Laurinaitis --[/hil]

4ca4a8f093361.preview-300.jpg

bluecoconuts

Legend
Be tackled by JL.... Someone broke their arm trying to tackle Jackson... With JL at least I can be a wuss and go down easy, having Jackson run at me full speed is like going head to head with a semi.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
Be tackled by JL.... Someone broke their arm trying to tackle Jackson... With JL at least I can be a wuss and go down easy, having Jackson run at me full speed is like going head to head with a semi.
Forget that. I'd rather try to shoe-string Jackson than have JL plant me like a daisy.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Is there an advantage to one over the other..hell no!
Either SJ or JL I'm getting knock the fuck out! :?!:

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
BatteringRambo said:
Is there an advantage to one over the other..hell no!
Either SJ or JL I'm getting knock the freak out! :?!:

I could pull off a "WIFF" attempting to get outta #39's way and call it a missed tackle. JL won't miss. :sly:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd rather be tackled by Laurinaitis. The only player I've ever seen completely stop Jackson in his tracks and drive him backwards by himself was Urlacher in 2007. I've seen people break Laurinaitis' tackles before.

I've got one of my own. Would you rather...

...get blindsided by Chris Long...

4eae178597d0f.image.jpg

...or receive a crackback block from Harvey Dahl?

Harvey-Dahl.jpg

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Tackled by JL. I run pretty fast when frightened.

On the other deal, damn, neither sounds too good. I guess crack back by Dahl since maybe he won't have a running start. CL would probably have a head of steam with a blindside! Yikes!!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Taking a hit from JL would be much easier if you ask me. I played both O and D.

This question brought back a wicked memory for me.
I loved laying hits on D,,, but there was one player that I'll never forget having to hit. Maybe some of you remember a running back named Sammy Smith??? He played in the NFL, but ended up going to jail for drugs or something (I can't remember why). Anyway, this guy was like 230 lbs in HS and fast as shit. I played safety in that game, and I was left on an island against Sammy on what seemed like every other play. In the words of Charles Barkley - it was a teRRRRible feeling. I was more beat up after that game than I had ever been before,,, it was because of hitting Sammy, not from the hits I took running the ball. SJ39 is even bigger.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
X said:
[hil]Try to tackle Steven Jackson --[/hil]

StLouisRamsStevenJackson.jpg

OR

[hil]Get tackled by James Laurinaitis --[/hil]

4ca4a8f093361.preview-300.jpg

I can't pick both? It would hurt like hell (if I remain conscious) but it worth every second.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That depends. Do I have to stand in front of SJ when tackling him or can I jump from a moving truck as he goes by? Either way, at almost 50 and a restaurateur - not a lumberjack - I think my odds of coming out unscathed are pretty slim at best. When I was haying and playing football, I would have gotten a kick out of trying both. It would hurt like hell but I'd still be grinning from ear to ear.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'd love to tackle SJ. Hitting someone hurts less than being hit by someone. My hitting days are over, but I'd dive on one of his ankles and twist and hold on for dear life.