Would you rather have good NFCW or bad?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Weak division, please. The Rams would still have some tough games, playing teams out of the division, to get tuned up for the playoffs. But this way they'd get home games in the playoffs. That doesn't guarantee postseason success - but it certainly helps.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
its fine. if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. so if the rams can beat their division then they must be for real. i think this really did hurt them in the 1970's as they were never seriously challenged for supremacy in the NFC west. then they had to play good teams in the playoffs and you see where that led them. 1 super bowl appearance out of all those division titles. its better to have a good team than to think you have a good team.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Best. You wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best.
I want no excuses (weak division) when they run roughshod over everyone.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Best. By far.
You have to beat the best to win the last game of the year anyway.
I watch football all season not only in january. I want to see the Rams play the best teams every week. I want fist fights every week.
(Metaphorically speaking, of course)

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Worst. I want to see the Rams in the playoffs.

Lol so we can get walked on in the playoffs? When you're in last place in the division and still destroy teams like the Colts and Saints it actually says something. What has happened to divisions like the NFC East in the playoffs the last few years? Oh yeah, one and done...

Do you not remember how much crap the Seahawks got for making the playoffs from being in a bad division a few years ago?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol so we can get walked on in the playoffs? When you're in last place in the division and still destroy teams like the Colts and Saints it actually says something. What has happened to divisions like the NFC East in the playoffs the last few years? Oh yeah, one and done...

Do you not remember how much crap the Seahawks got for making the playoffs from being in a bad division a few years ago?

They got crap because their record was poor for being in the playoffs, despite being in a bad division. A 12-4 or 13-3 record and nobody cares if the division is bad, since that means you had a winning record outside of the division too.

Actual good teams will win in the playoffs, even if 6 of their 16 games were gimmes during the regular season. The NFC East just hasn't had any teams that were actually good by playoff standards over the past few seasons. I want the Rams to be genuinely good, AND actually make the playoffs.

Philly5

Rookie
Worst, without a doubt. I want to play the easiest schedule possible and would like to arrange Home/Away, MNF, Thursday, etc... to our advantage also. Can't win playoffs, without first making them.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Sure, beating the best is better. However, there can be too much of a good thing. At least the Steelers, Ravens and Bengals have the Browns to beat on.

What's going on the NFCW is crazy. 4 teams that are gonna punish each other, as well as facing each other in the last game of the season. That's brutal.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
How would you like every game to be like, Rocky vs Appollo Creed in Rocky II!? I'd Love it! :D

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
While I like being able to say we beat the best division in football, I have watched as other teams like the patsies come through the season and first couple rounds of the playoffs virtually unscathed and practiced up. I wouldn't mind beating up on the division and having everyone still healthy for the playoffs. There are no push overs in the NFL but having as brutal a schedule as we do this season doesn't give me much hope on our remaining healthy through it.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Best, they're a young team, they can spend some years being winners but getting knocked down just before the playoffs. It'll breed a hunger and it'll make them want it that much more and make them play that much better. It'd be the best for them in the long run, play a tough schedule and you know you can take teams best shot. I don't want them to coast into the playoffs then be slapped across the face like bitches by an actually tough team and be out by the 1st quarter.

Give me best and git gud.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Best, and I will add toughest. Teams that come out of divisions that are black-n-blue in nature tend to win a lot of Super Bowls. I don't just want to make the playoffs consistently, I want it all.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If you can win in the BEST division, you can make a serious run. Otherwise, you're just the Colts. :sneaky:

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
It doesn't really matter to me, but I'd have to vote for worst in this scenario. Or at least just an easier one.

I think the more chances a team has at making the playoffs (at least in football), the greater the odds are that they can win a championship. I'd like to see what the past Champions strength of schedule was honestly, this has got me thinking. I also think winning ANY game in the NFL builds confidence within a team.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
While we've been in this playoff drought... I've enjoyed our tough Division games. They have somewhat of a playoff feel.

I always loved beating up on the whiners, saints, falcons, and shecocks when they sucked ass. Those wins aren't nearly as satisfying as beating a playoff team though.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I'd rather see knock down, drag out battles than walkovers for the most part! Would like to see the breaks go the Rams ways than the 9'ers or shehawks though! :mad:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One thing to remember about Coach Fisher's experience in Tennessee..He had good teams over the years, who's record suffered because of the divisional competition. From 2002 to 2010 (Fisher's time as HC of the Titans, from the birth of the AFC South until his last year with the Titans)..Colts were the AFC South Champs 7 Times (made the playoffs all 9 years) and the Titans were the Champs 2 times(and made the playoffs 4 times). The Jaguars made the playoffs 2 times.
Look at 2007 in the AFC South, for a preview of the NFC West in 2014
Colts 13-3 AFC South Champ
Jags 11-5 WC
Titans 10-6 WC
Texans 8-8

To answer the Question. I'd rather be legit and play tough divisional games, than be a paper champion....jmo

Irish

Starter
NFC South, please. At least the games would be at normal fricken times more often than not. I hate having to wait until 3:15 so many weekends