Would you endorse moving up in the first and for what price?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Would you endorse moving up in the first and for what price?

669.jpg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No need to move up. We are in a good spot to address a need and have plenty of picks to do it.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As others have said, it would take a very special talent to justify that - and if somebody like that were falling, I'd think another team with more draft capital and which didn't put in new systems on offense and defense a year ago would swoop in for that. Most likely the Rams will stay in place. If the right trade offer comes along, I could see a slight move down - I wouldn't want them to move down too far, though. They should get an impact player at one of the positions of need.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If anything, I would rather move back. It would be awesome to get that 2nd rounder back from the Watkins deal along with other picks.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I know many think we have some major holes - especially on the front 7 - but if there is a player there that could make the front 3 elite and we could pick up a good piece in the middle, you bet your ass I’d be willing to move up, even if it meant a future 1st. Obviously they’d have to hit on that player but if you’re asking me if I’d be ok with a cheap contract for a few years to put us over the top, I’m all in.

We have our QB. We have some pretty good receivers. We have an elite RB. We have a pretty good O-line with some depth. We have some really good pieces on defense and the best defensive player in the league. Absolutely. Grab that guy that makes you a SB contender for a few years and give up a first rounder next year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's a very small list for me. Vea. Edmunds. Elite types that fit our needs and scheme, who will go too early for us to get, otherwise the dropoff isn't all that much. Rams gonna get a mid-first defensive value if they just take best player IMO.

Ram65

Legend

Well done again.

You can make variations of this moving up higher or closer back to the Rams pick. One good thing about Snead before McVay and last year is he develops a plan to get the players they want. Dropped down still got Everett, another pick and then Kupp. If a player they have significantly higher rated player falling as the draft moves closer to them they will be working the phones. Snead will not hesitate to move up, down or stay at the Rams slot.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I only move up for Edmonds, and even he would have to be within a couple picks to be reachable/affordable. No, I think this season we'll be looking to move down to acquire a few extra draft picks. jmo.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
That's an unlikely scenario. Any GM with an ounce of brains is not going to undervalue the #14 overall pick in the draft for what you described..

With four sixth round picks, I expect Snead will move up in the fourth and fifth rounds to get players they don't want to risk missing.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm in the if anything trade down for more picks camp. Our roster is in good shape as is. What we need is depth and players for the future. Right now the focus should be on signing guys like NRC and Sullivan. Watkins would be nice but I'm starting to think he's not returning.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
If any of these guys fall to around the 15th-19th pick I'm all for trading up:

1. Roquan
2. Vea
3. Landry
4. Payne
5. Edmunds

Kevin

Pro Bowler
I just don't see this as realistic. Teams do not trade down from the early teens of the first round into the twenties and accept less than the trade value for that pick. Take last year for example, similar scenario. Cleveland traded the #12 pick to Houston for their #25 pick, AND Houston's first round pick in 2018. Even if the Texans had won the Super Bowl and picked last, the combined value of their #25 in 2017 and #32 in 2018 is more than the value of the #12 in 2017.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I doubt we go up to 14 I was thinking if Vea made it past the Chargers at #17 than we look at moving up 5 spots Max. To me if a player that you really covet I believe we should do what it takes to get him. Clearly I would not advocate giving up our 1st next year since we don't have a second.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Stay where we are at 1.

Trade anyone 5 6th picks and a 4 for a 2nd rounder!

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I don't think there is anyone on the board that I'd give up a huge amount to move up and grab. Sure, I'd be happy to have Vea, Smith, Edmunds but not at the huge cost it would take. Honestly, I think Landry, Payne, Davenport, Alexander, Jackson are all good picks at #23, and we retain our draft capital. Honestly, I'd be more interested in trading back, because I think some of these guys can be had even later.